A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,615
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My First Completed Pattern  (Read 3887 times)
Tags for this thread: arm_warmers  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011 08:34:26 AM »

For some reason my computer wouldn't let me comment on your blog, so I'll post here.  Don't know why you got negative comments there, because I think your pattern is great.  Sure some people don't know how to read a chart, but yours makes perfect sense to me even without the written explanation.  I'm going to have to try your method of adding a thumb, it sounds smart.  And you could even knit this flat, splitting it between neddles 2 and 3, then seam it up after.  Thanks for sharing your pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
Gecika_Knits
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011 01:02:41 PM »

Thanks so much for that, I was up at 6 am so upset that someone was unhappy with the pattern! Oh well, the corrections have been made all the same!

I really like this way of adding a thumb, I really don't like picking up stitches. Never quite looks proper.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pattern, I can't wait to see some finished projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkcatflower
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011 02:25:52 PM »

This looks super cool!  I've put it in my dreams pile for when I can actually knit this (not sure if the day will ever come! lol!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new blog: http://makingitwell.blogspot.com  I'd love for you to visit Smiley
Clarachk
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011 05:31:52 PM »

NOM NOM NOM!!! That knit and colour is beyoooooooteeful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created." ~Albert Einstein

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
amarok
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011 05:25:59 AM »

just to clear things up, in case i had upset you on your blog, i think it's a great pattern and easy to read, i just don't remember by heart all the abbreviations of the different kind of stitches you can make IN ENGLISH. i'm starting to be quite fluent in Finnish but would like all the patterns to have the meanings of the abbrevations handy, because most of them do, so why not all of them.

and hey, don't lose your sleep over any mean comment anyone gives you! you must remember that towards one positive feedback there's like a hundred (on the internet, no kidding) who just kept their mouth shut even though they loved it! and you ALWAYS get more negative feedback than positive at the beginning.. it's really nothing to worry about and definately not something you should lose any sleep over, since that tute is awesome and so are the armwarmers!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is "Susitaika"? Susi is Wolf and Taika is Magic in Finnish.. Come and find out more!

www.susitaika.com

Free embroidery designs at www.susitaika.com/freebies.html

http://susitaika.com/shop for all your shopping needs
amarok
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011 05:27:39 AM »

and in addition: i've never made a thumb like that, but will definately try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is "Susitaika"? Susi is Wolf and Taika is Magic in Finnish.. Come and find out more!

www.susitaika.com

Free embroidery designs at www.susitaika.com/freebies.html

http://susitaika.com/shop for all your shopping needs
Melby
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011 05:37:58 AM »

Very cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knittingjo
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011 12:38:54 AM »

Cool pattern! I just faved it on Ravelry....it's much easier to knit wristwarmers in summer than knitting jumpers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I fund my yarn obsession by making funky doll clothes
www.nataliedrest.et sy.com
Eiseldora
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011 03:38:23 PM »

I really like them. I was looking for finger-less glove pattern to make. I think I'll try your pattern. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Backing Up Photos
How to Escape a Dialog Box in Photoshop Elements
How to Fake Depth of Field in Photoshop Elements
Image Adjustment Part 1
How to Remove Glare from Glass in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...