A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,964
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cinnamon Star Ornaments - are in the oven!  (Read 12139 times)
Tags for this thread: star , ornament , christmas_decoration , recipe_link , cinnamon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Granny_Leah
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2011 01:12:43 PM »

Perhaps the temperature is too high?
The dehydrator goes to 135 degrees at it's highest, so it really just dries them out rather than bakes them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cranberrry2001
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2011 01:17:26 PM »

I made some. They are about an inch big. I should grease the pan next time, which will be soon. I also need to figure out how to not make the back sides ugly. Maybe foil the pan then grease it? We'll see. I'll show you later.

Best of luck! Smiley Can't wait to see! Smiley Reminds me - need to take a picture of my "car freshener" Smiley

Ohhh what a lovely idea! I might have to give those a go at some point!

they're fun Kat! Smiley you get to get your hands dirty a bit and the house smelling all nice ! Smiley so many benefits to this craft Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cranberrry2001
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011 01:35:35 PM »

I made some. They are about an inch big. I should grease the pan next time, which will be soon. I also need to figure out how to not make the back sides ugly. Maybe foil the pan then grease it? We'll see. I'll show you later.

I put them on tin foil and that make them to where they didnt really stick and the tin foil just pulls right off of them.  My problem is after I bake them they are so brittle they just crumble and break.

awe - bummer! In truth I pulled mine out of the oven before the recipe called to. I think the area you live in would make a difference too - higher humidity places/times of the year vs the opposite. Something to think about and play with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bea

I am one crafty chick!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011 04:50:19 PM »

I love making these! Last year my 8 year old granddaughter made them and gave out as gifts to the family (though they were not as precise as yours)! And I love the smell of them baking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StickHorses
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011 05:19:27 PM »

These are nice...my family loves the smell...I just hope I can keep them from eating them. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011 06:22:57 AM »

I think you all are right, its like the ones I do are being baked.  Well, Im going to make more later and let them air dry this time. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
cranberrry2001
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2011 08:31:23 AM »

I love making these! Last year my 8 year old granddaughter made them and gave out as gifts to the family (though they were not as precise as yours)! And I love the smell of them baking!

they are so yummy smelling Cheesy My husband asked when they were baking if I was sure they weren't edible lol Smiley

These are nice...my family loves the smell...I just hope I can keep them from eating them. Wink

lol - let them sample some of the "dough" and have some water handy if they cannot resist Smiley - best to you!! Smiley

I think you all are right, its like the ones I do are being baked.  Well, Im going to make more later and let them air dry this time. 

with all this talk I think I need to make another batch myself Smiley have to give the coworkers some presents, I think this would be ideal Smiley

here is the car freshner Smiley for the holidays I had one single (larger) blue green jingle bell and decided to put it on this one. I like the way the circular jingle bells look Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011 06:53:42 PM »

I made about 50 of these. Well, more than 50 but only 50 survived long enough to get ribbons. They are only 1" big! Not really worth ornaments but they are still cute and smell nice. We'll be making more for gifts later this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
cranberrry2001
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011 10:06:25 AM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/188385_04Dec11_img_1249.jpg
I made about 50 of these. Well, more than 50 but only 50 survived long enough to get ribbons. They are only 1" big! Not really worth ornaments but they are still cute and smell nice. We'll be making more for gifts later this week.

Awe Smiley I really like the pinecone ones! Smiley  they all look great!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011 01:27:54 PM by kittykill - Reason: Quoted image » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2011 06:07:59 PM »

K, I made more. This time I used an entire thing of cinnamon from Sam's, which happens to be exactly 4x the recipe. We've painted a bunch and it's tempting to show the progress shots but that might just be me wanting to show off my kids Wink

Sadly, none of those were painted by my 2 year old but you can imagine those, right?
We're going to paint a few more (I have so many not painted!) and make bags for his teachers this week. Oooooooh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Graham Cracker Gingerbread Cottages
How to Make a Holiday Photo Card Ornament
How to Make Christmas Gift Card Holder Ornaments
How to Make Lanterns Out of Jam Jars
How to Make a Cork Picture Frame
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...