A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper bead earrings again :D  (Read 3041 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Donella
« on: November 20, 2011 10:30:47 AM »

I'm still making them and it's more fun than ever!! I've been learning and experimenting with new wire techniques Smiley Here's a selection of my newest creations Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

So much creativity..
So little time...

I have an Epla-shop for my paper bead earrings (it's like Etsy, but in Norwegian):
http://epla.no/shops/lindaspapirpynt/
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011 10:50:53 AM »

So pretty! How do you get them to be so smooth? I've tried and mine never look that pretty and smooth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimchery
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011 10:52:43 AM »

Those are all paper?!
Wow, how long have you been making paper beads?  I've wanted to try, but I want to know how long I'd have to be practicing before I'd make them that well, these are great.  The last ones,... I've been wanting to try to make beads like that with polymer clay, but with paper might be a little easier since paper will be a bit crisp..... Still, I know they wouldn't look like that, good job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RachaelD
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011 11:06:39 PM »

WOW Donella!  They are fabulous!  I especially love the love pink ones.  They are all so smooth that you wouldn't know they were paper beads!

Rachael
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Donella
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011 11:45:51 AM »

So pretty! How do you get them to be so smooth? I've tried and mine never look that pretty and smooth.

Thank you Smiley
I use thin magazine paper, roll them tigtly, adjust the bead as I'm rolling it and afterwards and apply 5 layers of varnish Wink Good luck Smiley

Those are all paper?!
Wow, how long have you been making paper beads?  I've wanted to try, but I want to know how long I'd have to be practicing before I'd make them that well, these are great.  The last ones,... I've been wanting to try to make beads like that with polymer clay, but with paper might be a little easier since paper will be a bit crisp..... Still, I know they wouldn't look like that, good job.

I've been making them for about a year now.. I reckon I've made around 1000 beads Smiley but if you find a good tutorial, like the one Amelia Lune is selling in her Etsy shop, you'd probably master it fairly quickly.. I've been teaching myself how to make them by experimenting and only found her tutorial about 6 months later..  It's very helpful though Smiley The most important thing is the paper you choose, this can be the win og fail of any paper bead. Don't go too thick, unless that's the style you're going for. Thin, glossy magazine paper is ideal. Try and avoid pages with too many different colours or lot of text. Hope any of this helps you Smiley Oh, and don't forget, it's only paper.. you don't have to worry about wasting expensive materials if your first beads aren't successful Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So much creativity..
So little time...

I have an Epla-shop for my paper bead earrings (it's like Etsy, but in Norwegian):
http://epla.no/shops/lindaspapirpynt/
Taradolls
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011 11:59:49 AM »

really beautiful!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
7 Things: Gina Gershon
The Evolution of Mara Dyer Book Trailer
The Prayer of Love Book Trailer
Jayne Amelia Larson on Driving the Saudis
Michael Feinstein Shares Memories of the Gershwins
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...