A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,172
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First post: "108 Reasons I love you" PIC OBESE! (similar to the 52 cards books)  (Read 5732 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkFrosting
spending entirely too much time on Craftster!

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2011 11:52:32 AM »

My boyfriend is deployed, and to cheer him up I wanted to make him something special...and this book was born.  Like every other craft, I VASTLY underestimated how much time it would take (and money, cuz I'm not all that creative so I bought a lot of embellishments instead of making them).  I started with the goal of 100, but then I thought of 116 reasons, but then I got tired of making it at around the 105 mark so I cut it down to 108.  BUT - he absolutely loved it.  Like, a lot.  Like, a lot a lot.  Anyway, without further ado, here is "108 Reasons I Love You"....

These are some of my favorite pages, either because I like the page visually or the text makes me smile Smiley
[Some of the "reasons" are ones that I found on the internet that I thought really fit him, but I can't remember where I got them from, so if any of them were from one of your projects - thank you!]

Thanks for looking Smiley
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011 11:56:04 AM by PinkFrosting » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Radmom
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011 12:21:58 PM »

I hope that my son finds someone this cool when he decides to look for a wife, in the future. My son join the Marines during the summer, and is now officially in a duty station. He deploys sometime in the summer. Love the project you sent him, I'm sure it meant the world to him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snugabulls
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011 12:56:21 PM »

This is wonderful! I love the way you personalized it for him. May you have a long, happy life together. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkFrosting

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011 04:45:10 PM »

Thanks Radmom, that was very sweet!  And thank you so much snugabulls!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011 06:47:10 PM »

Love it! What a great gift to get. It's really well done too...I think this is my favorite one of these that I've EVER seen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EverGreenly
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011 09:12:28 PM »

I adore this! And I love your handwriting. Its gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaybeeeee
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011 06:10:43 AM »

I really love this kind of stuff. Too bad boys would never think to do it for their g/fs Wink

I'm sure it brightened his day, and I'm sure he also will look at it on days that aren't so bright.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read my BLOG?
Listen to my MUSIC?
PinkFrosting

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011 11:15:32 AM »

EverGreenly: thanks so much, but my handwriting is definitely not that nice! I downloaded it from DaFont, the free font site, here: http://www.dafont.com/honey-script.font

It's one of my favorite fonts!  I knew I wouldn't be able to write everything so nicely and consistently, so I printed out everything I wanted on regular paper on my printer, then traced over it on translucent paper (apparently it's not technically vellum, but I don't know what the difference is...)  I don't know why I was under the impression my inkjet wouldn't print on that paper, but I have since found out it does, so that would have been significantly faster, to print directly onto the vellum.... :/

Kaybeeeee: actually... I'm pretty lucky, he's so mushy, he's mad he can't make one for me where he is, haha.  I'm like "you're deployed... you can't do crafts!" haha. Definitely not your typical guy, I think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflyangel
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011 09:00:27 AM »

wow I love this ! I've always loved the 52 reasons why I love you done on cards (i've made one too)

Yours is soo amazing !!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Boondi Raita
How to Make Eggplant Raita
How to Make Raita
How to Make Plain Raita
Fry Your Paratha
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...