A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
355 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 4-ingredient recipes needed!!!  (Read 2061 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rrb21
« on: June 15, 2005 04:03:57 PM »

This Sat. I have been asked to come to a 4-ingredient party! I need help!! I love to cook and enjoy the longer recipes! The only thing I was told is that I can't use packaged anything!  Please Please Please help!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love needles
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005 04:06:43 PM »

I love yorkshire pudding. I eat them plain, even. They're flour, milk, eggs, and shortening. I can't remember the exact measurements, but google it and you'll get about a million recipes for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erindezeeuw

How am I not myself?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005 04:36:49 PM »

Any meat, but I like pork tenderloin, marinate for freaking ever in lemon juice w/ seasoning of your choice (I use greek seasoning), roast with tons of fresh rosemary.
Or oven-roasted potatoes with fresh rosemary, onions, and seasoning. Seasoning counts as an ingredient right?
Or smashed potatoes with kale, onions, garlic, and seasoning, if the seasoning doesn't count as one.

Can you tell I like rosemary? And onions and potatoes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This may be for sale on my etsy:
creme-tangerine

myspace

How am I not myself?
McAuliflower
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005 12:27:48 PM »

I'd recommend that the less ingredients you have- the fresher they should be.  If you have a farmers market in town, get your produce there! (Madison Ohio: Woodworth Market 6401 Middle Ridge Road, Wed & Sat only)
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '________________________________________________________')
The 'Ole Traditional Carrot and Raisin Salad

Peel and clean a bunch of carrots.
Grate into a large bowl.
Toss in a handful of raisins (to make soft, soak in hot water for about 5 minutes).
Spoonfuls of mayo, just enough to combine all the ingredients.
Optional: add some drained crushed pineapple.

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '________________________________________________________')

Black and Blue Balls: Black Sesame Blue Cheese Balls

In a skillet, toast 1/4 cup black sesame seeds until fragrant. Set aside to cool.

Mix together in a bowl:

* 8 ounces softened cream cheese
    * 4 ounces blue cheese
    * 1/4 cup chopped parsley

Adjust the cream cheese to blue cheese ratio according to the strength of your blue cheese and taste preference.

Place the cheese mixture in the refrigerator to harden. Using a melon baller, scoop out the cheese mixture and roll into small balls. With dry hands, roll the cheese balls into the toasted black sesame seeds and place on your serving platter.

Strawberries and Whipped Ganache for Dipping

Place 12 ounces of  chopped chocolate into the bowl of a food processor.

Heat 12 ounces of heavy cream in a quart-sized, microwavable container and microwave for 3 to 4 minutes on high, or until it just begins to simmer; be careful not to allow cream to boil over. Pour the cream over the chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes. Add 2 tsp of vanilla extract or a Tbs of your favorite liquor. Process by pulsing several times until chocolate mixture is smooth. Can be used as is. To make it softer and fluffier, allow it to come to room temperature, approximately 2 hours. Once at room temperature, place in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk on high for 2 to 3 minutes. Scoop into a bowl and serve with fresh strawberries.

Honey Ice Cream

In a sauce pan heat:
  * 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
  * 2/3 cup of local honey (a light variety)
heat this while stirring until it almost boils, then turn off the heat.  The goal here is to get the honey dissolved.

In a bowl whisk four egg yolks.  Temper in the hot milk and honey mixture, by slowly adding a ladelful of the hot mixture to your yolks, while whisking.  Add another ladelfull in the same manner.  Now add all of the egg mixture back to the sauce pan and stir over medium heat.  Cook until the mixture has thickened, but don't let it boil..  When thick, strain into a container and stir in 1 cup of cream and refrigerate until cold.  Now it is ready to be put into an ice cream maker.

Is it edamame (green soybean pods) season?

Bring a big pot of water to boil.
Add one pound or more of edamame (in their pods!), and 2 tbs of salt and boil for three minutes.
Drain well (don't rinse) and maybe sprinkle a touch more salt on them and serve.  Make sure to serve with an additional large bowl for the pods.  Take a edamame pod in your mouth and bite down, scraping the beans out.  Don't eat the pod.

Enjoy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

save your fork- there's pie! http://www.browniepointsblog.com
laureg

*alchemist extraordinaire*

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005 11:59:21 AM »

do seasonings count? you could always opt for a casserole of some sort- meat/fish, a sauteed veggie, cooked pasta and cheese, plus seasoning? you could also cheat even a little...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you are not the boss of me
rrb21
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005 09:48:13 AM »

thank you for all your help!!!! Unfortunately I never went last Saturday!! Too tirered! But you gals gave me lots of ideas for any occasion! Thank You!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Gift Wrap a Circular Object
How to Do Cross Stitch Embroidery
How to Cross Stitch the Alphabet
How to Change a Needle Light
How to Stem Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...