A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hawaiian themed wedding.. need ideas  (Read 1058 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

karina
« on: June 15, 2005 03:39:55 PM »

Can anyone help with ideas for a Hawaiian themed wedding reception?  I don't want to make it too "luau-ish"... I was thinking maybe some pineapple and coconut centerpieces... any help is appreciated!

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Duckgrrl
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005 06:20:08 PM »

In the July issue of Good Housekeeping, there is an article that shows different ways to decorate with sea shells. There is a beautiful floral arrangement using a conch shell as a base that would be perfect for a centerpiece.  I'm not sure how Hawaiian that is, but you could use tropical flowers to make it more Hawaiian.  You should really check out the magazine, the article begins on page 152.  Hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005 10:10:21 PM »

it'd be really pretty if you could get fresh tropical flowers for your bouquet and centerpieces. Hibiscuses and plumeria would be SO pretty.. and lots of big green foliage (and palm fronds!) and if you can stand it, black/white sand would be neat..

like I could kind of see a small sand box type thing with some white candles in glass candle holders with some fresh flowers (and maybe big fake pearls?) on each table, with a big palm frond or two underneath. You could definately get some fresh fruit into the arrangement too.. it'd be really pretty..

and you could serve fresh fruit as appetizers.. or maybe make some teriyaki chicken..

oh and shoot me, but I love the idea of big potted palm trees and/or little white fairy lights if it's indoors.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005 10:12:39 PM by skye691 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
polkadotcom
rock me amadeus

I'll be hiding in the shadows

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005 08:53:23 PM »

This may be too late and but I had a good idea for your desserts. I had a party and my cousin had tons of empty tuna fish cans. We made batter for pineapple upside cakes and put pineapple chunks in the bottom of the tuna fish can with brown sugar and melted butter and then poured the batter in. Then they went in the oven and when they were finished we just popped them out. We made about 50 I believe and everyone had their own individual cake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
binny
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005 02:11:55 PM »

I'm probably too late to help also, but maybe somebody else will find this useful.  I highly recommend using sand for decorations.  It's very cheap and perfect for a beach/tropical theme.  In Wisconsin, a 50lb. bag of nice sandbox sand from Menards (home/hardware store) is only $2-3.  It's probably around the same price at Home Depot.  For my best friend's wedding reception (Jamaica destination wedding) we bought low wooden trays, seashells, and tealight candles from the dollar store.   Just fill the tray with sand, nestle in some seashells and candles, and have the staff light them when it's time.  Plus it was a low decoration that the guests could see over.

I like the individual pineapple upside-down cakes, so cute!  I love innovative ideas like that.

Whole pineapples stuck with appetizers on sticks would be a great way to have a useful and pretty centerpiece.  Or maybe it's rather '60s tacky, but it seems interesting to me.  But you might want to let people know they could eat the strawberries, grapes, cheese, or whatever that's stuck on it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut Scissors Over Comb
How to Cut Round Layers
Hairdressing Essentials Shampoo
How to Cut Freehand
Hairdressing Essentials Hair Serums
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...