A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,570
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ice Cream Shop Colors ~~ Crochet Afghan.  (Read 3135 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011 03:22:19 PM »

Slip stitch is a term that is the same between US and UK terms, I believe.

In the pictures, it looks exactly like what rows and rows of slip stitches would look like. I'm not sure how you'd get sc to look like that, unless there's some way to insert the hook I haven't tried.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011 05:31:40 AM »

this is lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Monkeyknits05
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011 11:51:11 AM »

if you can slip stitch a whole afghan that looks that awesome you can certainly learn other stitches.  You just need someone to help you learn.  You can take classes at Michael's and Joann's to learn the other types of stitches, and once you learn there will be nothing you can't do.  Don't give it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mrs_P

Trying to learn to be crafty one stitch at a time

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011 02:56:15 AM »

it's lovely; I think the tassles finish it off well too.  I'm sure if you had someone show you another stitch in person you could do it.  You need to chat up somebody's granny!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmissmayhemx
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011 03:02:30 AM »

If you can make that entire afghan in one stitch, trust me you can learn to do any of them. I learned one stitch a long time ago, and taught myself how to do the others by repeatedly watching youtube videos until my eyes bled. It's all just practice!! Cause it's just yarn, and it unravels if you screw up Cheesy  Now my favorite afghan stitch is double crochet cause it makes a tight fabric, but loose enough for airflow to keep warm, and it goes fast!!!  speaking of that......I should finish that baby blanket....lol Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr photos!
Stars and Sparrows
LilMissRedTShirt
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011 06:22:22 PM »

this is lovely.

I just figured out there was a 2nd page on this post. Ha.

Thanks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LilMissRedTShirt
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011 06:23:40 PM »

if you can slip stitch a whole afghan that looks that awesome you can certainly learn other stitches.  You just need someone to help you learn.  You can take classes at Michael's and Joann's to learn the other types of stitches, and once you learn there will be nothing you can't do.  Don't give it up.

Thanks. Smiley I didn't know places like Michael's taught classes in it. I think having it shown in person would be a lot easier. I tried watching videos, but I just didn't get it. It would be fun to be able to make patterns, instead of doing one stitch 129028049804 times. I might have to look into classes... it would be a fun winter project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LilMissRedTShirt
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011 06:24:32 PM »

it's lovely; I think the tassles finish it off well too.  I'm sure if you had someone show you another stitch in person you could do it.  You need to chat up somebody's granny!   Wink

Hahaha, I totally need someone's granny to chat up. lol. Somehow my entire family is uncapable of crafts. Someone showing me would definitely help. Hm, where can I find an old lady? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LilMissRedTShirt
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011 06:25:33 PM »

If you can make that entire afghan in one stitch, trust me you can learn to do any of them. I learned one stitch a long time ago, and taught myself how to do the others by repeatedly watching youtube videos until my eyes bled. It's all just practice!! Cause it's just yarn, and it unravels if you screw up Cheesy  Now my favorite afghan stitch is double crochet cause it makes a tight fabric, but loose enough for airflow to keep warm, and it goes fast!!!  speaking of that......I should finish that baby blanket....lol Cheesy

Thanks. I tried watching videos and couldn't nail it, but I didn't quite watch them as hard as you. lol. Maybe I'll try it again. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LilMissRedTShirt
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011 06:27:23 PM »

Slip stitch is a term that is the same between US and UK terms, I believe.

In the pictures, it looks exactly like what rows and rows of slip stitches would look like. I'm not sure how you'd get sc to look like that, unless there's some way to insert the hook I haven't tried.

Cool... good to know. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jane Herman Bishop on Denim Jeans
5 Clever Ways to Remove Gum From Your Clothing
Style Sound-Off: Jaimie Alexander, Stacy Keibler, Nicole Richie
Justin Timberlake Performs in Custom Tom Ford
CMA Awards Best and Worst Dressed
Latest Blog Articles
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...