A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe ORNAMENT Swap Round 2 (signups closed, Green by 12/6, Send by 12/9)  (Read 20053 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2011 03:19:54 PM »

I <3 that pickle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2011 05:18:26 PM »

Here are my offerings! Felt poinsettias and crocheted mittens. Originally I was planning on making stockings, but I didn't like how they were working up so I scrapped it and found something else.  Tongue

Sorry for the lousy pics, my camera's only good with lots of sunshine, which my apartment is severely lacking in.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2011 05:50:13 PM »

Lol. That pickle's mustache cracks me up.

Also, how many items go on this top picks list?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011 05:52:47 PM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2011 07:49:43 PM »

Also, how many items go on this top picks list?

If I remember correctly from other years, you send your top 5 or top 10 list, depending on how many items you are offering.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011 07:50:24 PM by Homerof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2011 07:55:04 PM »

I want the opinion of those participating. Because of smaller group of swappers, we may only be able to offer 5 items each.  I really wouldn't want to lose any item options, so I would hope that those offering 2 sets of 5 (like me) would let people have the choice of either item if we have to drop it down to 5.

So, should we only be allowed to swap 5 and not 10 because this round is smaller?  The other option could be where everyone offer 4 or 8 items instead of 5 or 10. What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2011 09:36:14 PM »

My Apple Cinnamon Gingerbread Men are on their way! Don't they look like the real thing?

They still have to dry, but I'll also put a photo up of one of them "with icing" (AKA painted with acrylic paint). I'll let my partners choose whether they want it "iced" or plain (or even special "icing" requests!)

FINAL VERSION Here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=394701.msg4684065#msg4684065

And I am just offering 5. I would offer 10, but I can't handle the shipping costs right now. (So the rest go on my own tree or out for gifts!)

As far as GatorWrangler's question. . . hm. So with only 10 participants it would mean that every 10-person would have to send out to all 9 other participants AND receive to/from everyone. Except that each 10-person wouldn't end up with enough ornaments back because there are six 10-people (and each 5-person only sends to five!).  Also, it would mean that I and the other 5-people would only get to receive items from the 10-people's lists. So. . . I thought I was going to argue the other way, but after thinking it through, it may make sense for the 10-people to cut down (though this is just from a humble 5-person's POV!). [PS: Does any of my rambling make sense to anyone else? Haha. In my day job, I coordinate a questionnaire that goes out across Canada, so figuring out things like this is what I'm always doing]
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011 06:59:40 PM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitty_Anne
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2011 02:23:45 AM »

I am confused!! lol

I don't mind offering 5 instead of 10, if thats what you mean? I was going to offer 5 sets of baubauls and 5 knitted toys, but I can offer 2 sets of baubauls and 3 knitted toys instead, so there is still a choice...

P.S. I really want that basket of knitting wool! I <3 it! If I get that, it will be on display all year round, not just Christmas  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kimchery
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2011 02:31:23 AM »

P.S. I really want that basket of knitting wool! I <3 it! If I get that, it will be on display all year round, not just Christmas  Smiley

I second that!  The pickle is too cute too.  And pretty much anything else that's been posted lately.    I vote the 4/8 option if we still don't have enough ornaments to go around.  There's just too many great ones to pick from.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011 07:27:44 AM by kimchery » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2011 04:40:30 AM »

I'll drop down to five. That way, I'm already ready to send! I was thinking about that this morning- and I concur with psyche that the shipping costs are a bit much now. So yeah, I think dropping down to five is a better idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Koreena

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2011 06:07:15 AM »

I'm good with any decision - 4, 5, 8, 10...  Just let me know!  I'm going to be making a whole bunch of both items for gifts, so I'll be "good" any way we go.

Glad you guys like to ornaments I picked  Cheesy  The pickle just made me laugh & I loooove the yarn basket, too.  It looks like we're all offering some awesome ornaments!!  I don't know how to do a top 10 list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Artist Creates Famous Images on Morning Breakfast
Affordable Wall Artwork
Artist Hong Yi Explains Her Flower Portraits
Embellished Totes For Earth Day
Repurposing Cans Into Ribbon Covered Vases
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...