A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,224
Currently Running With Scissors:
382 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spruce up a beaded curtain  (Read 2388 times)
Tags for this thread: bead , curtains  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

papertoes
« on: April 18, 2004 03:41:00 PM »

I got this curtain at Pier 1, but it was too plain, so I added ribbon in between the strands.  It wasn't the cheapest project ever, but it was so simple, & it made a huge difference in my dorm room.  I used a little bit of by-the-roll ribbon from Joanne's, but it's mostly that 55 cents for 10 yards stuff.  I hot glued the ribbon to itself so it would hang straight down.  It's really easy to change the ribbon...I'm planning on doing more muted colors for my apartment next semester, or maybe just off-white.  We'll see!

http://photos.heremy.com/imali/1656467850.jpg
http://photos.heremy.com/imali/1656477850.jpg

Can you tell which side of the room is mine?  Wink
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010 09:53:44 AM by pixieval - Reason: removed broken pic links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't worry about the world ending today.  It's already tomorrow in Australia."  ~Charles Schulz
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004 04:56:24 PM »

oh, I've been really wanting to make a curtain like that with only ribbon!  but alas, I have no where for it to go...

I totally understand the side of the room thing!  my stuff's oh so much more colorful.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyLea14
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004 04:57:40 PM »

Wow..i totally see that i my room...tee hee..Your curtain is amazing and seems very easy to make !!  Wink To bad pier 1 imports is far from were i live, i'd go get one of those right now ..lol...And your room is definatly on the left hand side Cheesy.(One with the flowers) ! ahaa..Great pic btw !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klippedwingz

Are you a Llama, I asked my friend, Dave?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004 05:27:00 AM »

What a cool idea!!!  I love the texture differences with the beads and ribbon.  We have used some fun things for curtains...colored straws work great and you can get really intense and make a design or pattern with them. I'm thinking ribbon and straws would be a fun combo!  Right now we are working on a "mural curtain". Painting on heavy cardboard (super big piece) and then planning on cutting into strips. Hope it works!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
papertoes
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004 05:42:25 AM »

Thanks for the comments!   Grin

Wowww...that mural curtain will be the coolest thing ever if it works!  So, so much easier than trying to paint individual beads to make a picture... I thought about trying that for about 5 minutes.  But this!  Keep us posted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't worry about the world ending today.  It's already tomorrow in Australia."  ~Charles Schulz
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips for Photographing Children
How to Shoot Amazing Pictures Under and Above Water
Bacon Alphabet by Henry Hargreaves
Toasted by Henry Hargreaves
Tips For Taking Insect Photos
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...