A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,537
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Partners Have Feelings  (Read 4118 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014 01:54:29 PM »

Agree completely with you Ludi - though I was upset lately when I had spent ages on a parcel (I am a fairly slow crafter anyhow - and the amount of new things I did made it even longer). The parcel I received was a lot better than the one I sent - but my partner made it fairly clear she was unhappy with what I sent. I sent her a pm apologising if she didn't like it - but she did not reply. I have had partners in the past who have sent better parcels, and those who have sent worse than what I have sent them - but I am still appreciative of everything I receive - because I appreciate people spending time making things for me even if it is not what I would have chosen myself. To me swaps are meant to be fun - i want my partner to enjoy themselves when they are making for me. I never am pleased with what I send - but I always make to the best of my ability. TBH I am now considering whether to keep swapping or not - as the feeling of not being good enough is awful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014 03:13:43 PM »

Aw, Ratfinkz, don't give up!  Everyone here has different abilities and it's the trying and caring that counts!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2014 03:59:51 PM »

Ratfinkz...I am so sorry that you've had that experience with swapping.  I've been in over a hundred swaps, and I could count on one hand the times that I've been truly disappointed with what my swap partner sent (i.e.-no time or thought was put into the items that were sent, they were falling apart, obviously not my tastes, etc...).  However, I've NEVER told the partner that I was disappointed.  I think that is rude and it is more of a reflection on that person, rather than on you and/or what you sent.  I've seen your work on Craftster, and you are an amazing crafter.  Please don't let this experience sour you on swapping!  I guess it's just a numbers game, the more often you swap, chances are you are going to run into a few experiences that may be unsettling.  But the other side of that is that you more often make friends and receive swap packages that are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
crazyda79

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014 09:20:21 PM »

I have quite a few swaps under my belt and I still have that feeling of not being good enough.  But I continue to swap because it makes me happy to create.  I love swapping online because even if my partner dislikes what I make, I will usually never know.  I know that I try my hardest when I craft for others but I also know that my likes and preferences are not always the same as other people.  So even though I am proud of my creations, I understand that others might not feel the same way.  As long as I hear a little thank you, that is satisfying enough for me.  I also have received items that are not my style but I appreciate the time and care that has gone into the package and let my partner know I appreciate it. That is what is the most important to me.  When I do not hear anything from my partner, I admit my feelings hurt but that happens less than the admiration and appreciation does.  Hang in there and don't let a few bad experiences thwart your creativity. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
My_RubySlippers
Dabbler Of Everything

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2014 11:17:33 PM »

That's terrible, Ratfinkz! I'm sorry that happened! Sad No one should be made to feel like that!
I also was not trying to complain about anything, just voicing another side of the "partners have feelings" debate. I still love swapping, and a lot of the things I really treasure have come from swaps!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps, especially ATCs! ( I'm recently addicted)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Convert Old Photos to Digital
How to Lighten and Darken in Photoshop
How to Change People Clothing with Photoshop
Create Realistic 3D Models with Google SketchUp
How to Remove Facial Blemishes in Photoshop - Photo Editing Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...