A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
734 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: November Granny-A-Day 11/1/2011-11/30/2011  (Read 2876 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KismetFyrechyld
That Crazy Redhead

Crochet, Chainmail, Amtgard, Theatre-I do that.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 06, 2011 08:35:41 PM »

I really hope nobody minds if I start a November Granny-A-Day, since we didn't have one in October and I miss it! I've pulled the info directly from the September thread.

This is basically a motivation crochetalong. If you want to work on a granny square, motif, one huge granny square blanket, this is a great way to set aside time everyday to get some serious work completed in an attainable amount of time.

People have come up with some really neat uses for grannys too! Different bags and blankets, shopping sack holder, slippers, scarves, a nifty pullover etc. I have made 7" grannys and after a month I have 30 squares that make a perfect size throw blanket.

If you are interested and would like to join we would love to see your work! Post pics of progress and then at the end of the month post a pic of all that you accomplished! It would be great if everyone could post progress weekly (but not required). At the end of the month we can piece together our work and show off our afghans and Inga bags and whatever else you can come up with to make with nifty grannies! (Must post a completed project or progress pic in this thread.)

You can find many of the other threads in the crochet-a-long section to see how we have done it before!

granny square links:
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/grannies.html
http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/granny_square.htm

Picture credit: http://simplyande.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/crochet-granny-square-basics/
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011 09:27:08 PM by KismetFyrechyld » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I started making chain mail jewelry in June 2011, and started my own company, Incendia Designs, in August 2011. I also crochet, act, sew (a little) and am enjoying being a newlywed!
DaRianator
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011 09:48:41 PM »

yay finally (:!!! now i can movtivate myself to finish the uncompleted blanket from october! got to get this done for an in-law! eeek~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Foxy Sam
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011 10:20:23 PM »

This sounds like lots of fun...do you have to make a certain number?  Or can it be as many or few as you like?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
gingerpeachy
Will swap for knitted hexi-puffs (beekeepers quilt) or heart-shaped buttons

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011 12:14:05 AM »

I think this is a great way to work on my crocheting skills (I'm ultra bad at it!) 

I better catch up...I have 7 to make already, but that should be easy enough, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.

Check out my new crafty blog! gingery peachy
tehandehness
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011 04:44:15 AM »

Yay! I was hoping this would show up.

So what is the view on cross posting? I am working on a CAL but I would love to post the finished squares in both places.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop!  http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=51693

Christmas Blanket 1 3/16
Christmas Blanket 2 4/16
50+ Washcloth Along 2/50
BennuBird

I kissed a seal and I liked it.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011 08:43:30 AM »

KismetFyrechyld, Thank You!

I debated doing this as well because I miss seeing everyone's pics and the motivation it provides.

GRANNY-HO!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beccabadger
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011 12:29:49 PM »

Ooh I may join in. I've just started (well, around 24 squares) in to making a massive double size granny afghan. I'll try and work out how many I've done in the past 7 days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KismetFyrechyld
That Crazy Redhead

Crochet, Chainmail, Amtgard, Theatre-I do that.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011 03:52:40 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm really really glad this is getting a positive response-I was afraid I might be stepping on BabyCakes8510's toes, since she's the one that usually does these. Smiley

I'm not nearly as experienced with starting a thread as some of the others on Craftster, but I've been participating in Granny-A-Day threads for several months now, so I'll do my best to keep things on track. Hopefully BabyCakes will be able to join us and tell me if I mess up too badly! LOL!

Foxy Sam: The idea is one a day for the entire month, but you can always jump in and use the motivation to work on projects you already have started, or just do whatever you can in the time you have. As long as you set aside a few minutes to work on your grannies every day. Smiley

Tehandehness: I don't see any reason why you can't post the finished squares in both threads. Smiley

I'm working on a granny blanket to send off to the families in the Austin TX area that lost their homes and belongings in the fires this summer. I've been a bit buried in other things, so I haven't gotten as much done on it as I'd like, but I've got four 9 inch squares done. I'm making them in all different colors, and I'm going to border each square in white. Pictures by Friday is the plan! Happy crafting, y'all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I started making chain mail jewelry in June 2011, and started my own company, Incendia Designs, in August 2011. I also crochet, act, sew (a little) and am enjoying being a newlywed!
Dancingrat
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011 04:52:55 PM »

Hello There! I'm gonna be part of this... I'm doing 10 inch squares and making them up one by one so that each one is different.... they are to add to what I call my Punk Crochet Blanket one day it will be big enough for a bed!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BennuBird

I kissed a seal and I liked it.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011 08:51:56 PM »

Still have quite a few flowers to add to the grannys, but this is what I have so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get The Rachel Bilson Style
3 New Ways to Style a Striped Sweater
Get The Kate Middleton Style
Street Style Standouts
Must Have Boots For Fall
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...