A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,415
Currently Running With Scissors:
283 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Dobby amigurumi with pattern  (Read 44971 times)
Tags for this thread: miniature , dobby , pattern , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013 11:58:25 PM »

I crocheted a circle with embroidery floss.  Glad you like it Smiley

There's no space for anything but dreaming.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013 01:36:18 PM »

awww!  I want to give him a big [little] hug!!!  He's so adorable.
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013 03:16:02 PM »

Thanks for the pattern!
Here's my mini house elf.  I modified the pattern a bit to give him a shorter nose, a fatter belly (I hope you don't mind). I also crocheted him a little sack to wear, and a sock to hold (he's just been given his freedom, lol).

The size was perfect, as I was looking for something that would fit with my other Harry Potter amis.
Thanks again!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013 07:44:43 PM by Crafty_Kat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013 09:22:26 AM »

Don't mind the modifications at all! I especially like the longer and thinner arms and legs! Thanks for posting a pic! And aw, he has a sock Wink

I have a hook, and I know how to use it~

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014 04:19:12 PM »

I love him!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2015 11:16:20 PM »

I had to do a little scheming to figure out the increases and decreases when I tried the pattern, but the doll came out so cute!!!  Cheesy
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2015 01:42:41 AM »

Aw, that's great! Also, your first post, welcome, and thanks!

I know, I didn't give the exact spot of where the increases are supposed to happen, but I thought it's pretty obvious (they're evenly distributed), and that the pattern didn't need to be cluttered with it. Glad it works for you!

Hm, if there is a demand for getting a version that gives the exact increases, I could write that up!
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016 12:18:25 PM »

I just came across the Dobby Doll. I cry every time he dies. We watch the whole HP series every so often. I still cry. I love Dobby.  I would love to have the pattern with the correct increases and decreases. When I make one, I'll have to make at least 2. My daughter 43 will want one, too. Hubby got us a Time Turner for Christmas 2114.
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2016 09:01:42 PM »

Sorry to post from a bugmenot account, but new account creation is broken at the moment. I had to try to make an account to thank you for this pattern!

Although I've crocheted toys and simple objects for years, this is actually the first time I've successfully followed anybody else's pattern for something more complicated than a sphere. He took me about 2.5 hours. I deviated from the pattern in giving him a bit too much neck, since the way I sewed his eyes on kind of squished his head all funny -- in retrospect, I don't think I stuffed his head tightly enough.

As you requested, I made him a little sock! It was going to be orange and purple, but doing detail at this tiny a scale is beyond my ambition for the evening.
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2016 04:04:45 AM »

@witchcraftbmn: He's so cute! I like how everyone gives Dobby slightly different features and proportions, and I've done head-smooshing too with mixed results, but don't worry, no one else but you will notice Wink
Thanks for posting the results with pic, and thanks for giving him a sock! Smiley

@LNsGirl: Sorry, I haven't gotten around to making a more elaborate pattern. I think I know what you mean, and I wanted to make a few changes to the way the pattern is written anyway. Will keep it on my to-do-list! Not sure when I get to it, but it's not forgotten! In the meantime: the increases and decreases are usually done as regularily and symmetrical as possible, for example, when you have 4 stitches, and the pattern says to make 6 from that, the increases will be on opposite sides of the round (sc, inc, sc, inc), not next to each other.
That's definitely how the rounds are done.
Not so sure anymore how I did the inc in the ears (at the end, I guess), but they should be fine anyhow, I think. As it's such a small piece, you could try different ways and see which one you like.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...