A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jar of Stars Swap- SIGN-UPS CLOSED (Mail by 12/10/11)  (Read 21414 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011 05:51:51 AM »

Thank you!  Then I am in.

I was so looking forward to this that I neglected making my Christmas ornaments, and housework yesterday and spent the day making star cards that I can use for this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
c*lientje
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011 06:11:28 AM »

Thank you!  Then I am in.

I was so looking forward to this that I neglected making my Christmas ornaments, and housework yesterday and spent the day making star cards that I can use for this swap!

Haha, I know what you mean! I ordered some supplies for this swap over two weeks ago, telling myself that, if this swap wouldn't happen for some reason, I could just use it to make Christmas presents. I'm glad I placed that order, though... It still hasn't arrived! Hopefully it will be here next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PARTNERS! If you send me anything after Dec 5th, PM me for my Dutch address, do NOT send anything to China after this date! Thanks!

Current swaps:
November Ongoing ATC swap *sent / December Ongoing ATC swap *crafting / Jar of Stars *sent / OIS *sent / December Birthday swap *designing and planni
badpuppy

It's a fine line between 'hobby' & 'mental illness

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011 08:25:12 AM »

Haha, I also have already purchased some supplies for this swap.  Smiley  I'm excited it's starting!  Writing up my questionnaire right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A-ok with personal swaps.

Attempting my first quilt.  English paper piecing.  Sewing together 900 hexagons.
zigg13pra

You underestimate my power

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011 10:37:23 AM »

I'm in - but when I mailed my hearts, the package size was considered large letter, or light small package and therefore did not get a tracking number or a confirmation - instead what I got was just the post office receipt for the domestic packages, and for the ones that were mailed to the US, the stamped copy of the customs declaration form.  

You can get by this by putting it in a manilla envelope with a bit of newspaper or tissue paper in it.  Or using a bubble envelope.  We had this same problem with the altered puzzle piece swap since they are small too.

Yes, but for me to have a tracking number, the package has to be actually rather significantly larger.  I have sent packages larger than the hearts that still did not get a tracking number because it was still too small.  Also, the postage is tripled or more, and I want to keep the postage cost down if possible.  The budget is a bit tighter than usual as DH has not been working that much and we have the house renovations, and I want to keep swapping, but smaller swaps.  For those packages I was not able to get tracking on, the organizers seemed fine with visual confirmation with receipts and pictures.  But if the DC number issue is non-negotiable, then I will pass this up.

I've moved a LOT throughout my swapping time and I've noticed that there are some PO's that don't exactly follow the same rules.  The one I go to now has a guy that won't let me send anything in a business sized envelope that is bulky or non bendable.  Um, NO, I should be able to send just fine but have to pay a little more.  He's always so mean about it so I go in the afternoon when the nice lady is there instead. Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011 10:37:59 AM by zigg13pra » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stepharella
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011 12:43:43 PM »

Im in! just sent in my questionaire!! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
cloudsnapper
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011 07:03:56 PM »

Ah, I want to join! This seems like so much fun, but my husband complained the other day that I keep joining swaps and getting too worked up with swap anxiety. Maybe I'll make an exception, since this is pretty small and low pressure.
Maybe I'll try making some stars before the sign-ups end to see how it goes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sillysmushyhippocake
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011 08:02:59 PM »

Wow, just logged on to a swarm of questionnaires in my inbox!  Cheesy

I'm so excited that so many people want to join this swap. I will be posting new applicants tomorrow and adding the info to your profiles, too.

Badpuppy, I'm making you co-organizer as of now. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimchery
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011 08:57:11 PM »

I'm in - but when I mailed my hearts, the package size was considered large letter, or light small package and therefore did not get a tracking number or a confirmation - instead what I got was just the post office receipt for the domestic packages, and for the ones that were mailed to the US, the stamped copy of the customs declaration form. 

You can get by this by putting it in a manilla envelope with a bit of newspaper or tissue paper in it.  Or using a bubble envelope.  We had this same problem with the altered puzzle piece swap since they are small too.

Yes, but for me to have a tracking number, the package has to be actually rather significantly larger.  I have sent packages larger than the hearts that still did not get a tracking number because it was still too small.  Also, the postage is tripled or more, and I want to keep the postage cost down if possible.  The budget is a bit tighter than usual as DH has not been working that much and we have the house renovations, and I want to keep swapping, but smaller swaps.  For those packages I was not able to get tracking on, the organizers seemed fine with visual confirmation with receipts and pictures.  But if the DC number issue is non-negotiable, then I will pass this up.

Don't worry too much about DC# if you can't get it. A receipt is fine.
They have a measurer 'thing' they are supposed to measure with.  A few swaps ago, I had something really flat to send, and had everything all packaged, but since it wasn't a papercraft swap, DCs were required.  I was told the package had to be bigger than that half an inch, or whatever it is, otherwise you have to send priority mail. Prices starting at 4.99 then 80 whatever cents for the DC.  Well, I asked right then... "technically, why couldn't I just go home and rip these open and stuff some toilet paper in there to bulk them up? It would be cheaper than sending each one for 6 bucks."  She told me that I could do that.  For that particular swap, the organizer was understanding and told me to send without the DC.  But to avoid that situation, I wrap everything loosely in tissue paper.  The post office cant smush the envelope to 'make' it go through the slot.  As long as it is larger than their measuring slot, then they will let you send regular first class with DC.  Just today I sent out for jar of hearts, and the teller tried to push every one of my envelopes through the slot.  They would have probably fit through if I hadn't wrapped them in tissue first.  One situation where adding a bit of bulk helps.  And its packaged a bit better too.  The envelopes were REALLY small, fit in the palm of your hand.  They just have to be fatter than about _________ THAT.    They each cost about 2.00 to send.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

h-chan

<3 Xia Junsu (duck butt) <3

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011 09:29:46 PM »

I am on the fence about joining. I bought a kit with the tiny strips of paper and have made 5 stars so far. Only one puffs out as it should. The rest cave in a little. Any tips? I don't want to k=join if I can't get this figured out :\ Thanks in advance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eu Kyang Kyang!!!

http://www.wists.com/h-chan
zigg13pra

You underestimate my power

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011 11:37:26 PM »

I am on the fence about joining. I bought a kit with the tiny strips of paper and have made 5 stars so far. Only one puffs out as it should. The rest cave in a little. Any tips? I don't want to k=join if I can't get this figured out :\ Thanks in advance.

You can make it out of other things besides the origami paper.

I, personally, already have an entire jar full of those kinds of stars and don't really want to swap those kinds again.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011 11:37:57 PM by zigg13pra » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Arianna Huffington: 37 Rejections
Arianna Huffington: President & Editor-In-Chief, The Huffington Post
Homemade All-Natural Heating Pad
DIY Playdough with DIY Expert Tanya Memme
How Snow Globes Came to Be
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...