A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reading Is Sexy Swap! (Sign Ups CLOSED, Send by August 12)  (Read 7261 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sweetttart3

Tea and Cake or Death

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2005 10:01:02 PM »

I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only one worried their partner won't like what they've made. Since this is my first swap I've kinda been freaking out about whether or not it's good enough or if she'll like it, but I've calmed down a bit, since I've only got to finish up a few small things. I really hope she likes it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn the man, Save the Empire!

http://www.wists.com/Sweetttart3

I wanna personal swap!
StarSix
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2005 10:17:49 PM »

This was honestly the hardest swap I've done.  I had so many ideas, but my crafting abilities and thinking just were not able to do justice to my partner's interests.  I had to...modify, and go with more general ideas.  I hope you like it, gink.  I might have to read some of the books you listed and see if I can make you something else!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not Beethoven, but it sure bounces!

~ The Aristocats
The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2005 07:42:40 PM »

I am so happy with how this swap is going. Some people are running ahead of schedule and some people are having trouble--which means you're thinking hard about your partner and that makes me so happy. Think away! Just let me and your partner know if you need more time!

Okay, here's a list I will update as news comes to me. This will be based primarily by the PMs I recieve, NOT posts. So please, even if you've posted that you've sent/recieved, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me just to remind me. I know already that posts will be overlooked and it will become difficult to keep track of. Once for when you send, and once for when you've recieved your item.

I'll also keep this list on the top of the gallery, just for quick reference.

Rosered <--> Aspiring
Gink <--> StarSix
Teamwang <--> Nickerly_kitten
Pretendpeterpan <--> Sweettart3
Shuffar <--> chtzpahgrrl
Qtkuuko <--> cerulean
FancyShmancy <--> kat_penguino
Silloh_77 <--> redpopsicles
Mllejessy <--> stopmoshun
RosebrideJaya <--> Meow Wont Purr
Razberryjam <--> Melladh
TheEverFalling <--> Lucid501
icrispyi <--> lady4feet

Purple = I've been contacted, Blue = item sent, and Teal = partner recieved item. If I forgot to update you, just let me know.
I'm included those that have contacted me about any concerns, just to let me know they're alive. If I have not heard from you come the 12th, for either sending, recieving, or just checking in, I'm going to have to go on flake alert and start sending pesky PMs. Lets not get to that point!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005 09:12:13 PM by The Meow Wont Purr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
The Meow Wont Purr

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2005 04:14:40 PM »

Send out date is tomorrow, guys! Dont forget!
If you can't get it in by tomorrow, please let me and your partner know! Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
redpopsicles

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2005 03:07:53 PM »

Silloh received my packages.  HORRAY!  I will post pics in the gallery soon, if she doesn't beat me to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2005 05:08:26 AM »

I found this swap to be really difficult too, and I'm afraid that the stuff I send will be "adequate" but no more... The hardest bit was that I got paired up with someone with opposite interests sort of Cheesy
I live for fantasy - she dislikes fantasy
I dislike warm colors - she favors warm colors

And so on. Hehehe. Hope I do good anyway Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
The Meow Wont Purr

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2005 01:21:25 PM »

please check out the gallery for an important update!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2005 02:32:03 PM »

Either the post office don't know our own language here, or they've simply gone bananas... I just tracked the package and it says "Your package is now in denmark, it has been delivered to the recipient". o_O
Wrote to them and asked, hopefully they'll answer soon and there's no trouble, but you never know...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
The Meow Wont Purr

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2005 03:12:56 PM »

Hi guys,
It looks like Qtkyuuko has fallen through. I would really appreciate if anyone can step up and help me out? I will be looking for at least one swap angel. If you feel that you can help make one or two smaller items, I will be able to use more, and share the work between 3-4 people. If you are interested in helping me out, please PM me and let me know what you think you can do (a small item, a big item, etc.) for Cerulean. I will send you her info and details of other angels as soon as I get this organized.
Thanks guys!!! I really appreciate it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Introducing Variations
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Crop with Perspective
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Straighten with the Measure Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Automate Crop and Straighten
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Crop with the Marquee Tool
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...