A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New symbol tree with copic markers  (Read 2307 times)
Tags for this thread: tree , copic_marker  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Little owl
« on: November 04, 2011 08:10:54 AM »

Hey there again Smiley
I am not sure if I should post this one inside the topic with the other tree drawing/painting, so I hope I do it right.
I have some pictures that show different stages so I thought it would be fun to put those in this topic as well.

First the finished tree. I am really curious about what you all think of it. Its more detailed then the other one and took way longer to make. The story that belongs to it is the same as with the other tree, I`ll post it below the pictures. With this tree I added fossils under the trees roots, I had not planned that at all but just came up with it. If I ever make another one I do want to plan that better so that they become nicer.
The reason why the fossils are there is to underline how old the earth is, and how much history there is inside it.

Anyway Smiley I am quite sure that it all sounds weird, dont worry, its just fantasy and imagination  Grin

Its a bit hard to make good pictures up close, the colors and sharpness is a bit off.. but oh well. Just imagine that the real one has no pixels Tongue

The stages:

First lines with pencil, later with copic multiliners

The first colors

More color, after this I forgot to take more pictures of the process. Hmm, I do like these colors also, maybe more then the colors of the finished tree. But they needed to be darker so that the white lines would show more.
The white lines are made with a pilot choose pen by the way, I love those Smiley

"A tree filled with hidden lines and symbols, that tell stories about the past, present and future. About nature, trees, dewdrops, stars, clouds, the sun, the seas, about the earth and the universe and so on. No one can read them anymore, but they are still there, old and hidden."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011 08:12:58 AM by Little owl - Reason: Spell check » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My tiny Etsy shop!
http://eerinvink.etsy.com
thewisteriatree
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011 08:17:48 AM »

This is utterly stunning. I looove how twisted and knotty the branches are, and the fossils under the roots are an incredible touch. Wonderful job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011 08:34:51 AM »

Argh. I want more pictures. More pictures! You should rig a camera to time lapse while you're doing this. I could watch it all day. o.o
Gorgeous work, again Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Sandroo

Mine is an evil laugh!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011 09:11:18 AM »

It's beautiful work!  I love how detailed the shading and stuff is.  And, may i say, I love those copic sketch markers.  They're amazing to work with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011 09:48:15 AM »

beautiful!  I envy your skill! pinning this...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011 09:57:12 AM »

I love it! Thank you for posting the progress shots. I am not familiar with copic markers but will be hinting at those for a Christmas present Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tailte
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011 08:14:36 PM »

Absolutely stunning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog:
http://overaway.blogspot.com
It's about art, craft and other miscellaneous occurrences.

My cooking blog: http://meri-somethingsweet.blogspot.com
Little owl
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011 02:54:08 AM »

Wow Smiley thanks everyone!

Bunny1, what is pinning? I never heard of it Smiley

Melladh, lol, not sure if I would do that, it would make me nervous! But I will try to keep on making pictures until it is finished so that the end steps are also visible. I hope I will remember Smiley

Today I was thinking about trying to start a moth/butterfly like drawing. But I am not yet sure if the idea is complete enough to make something out if it so maybe it does`nt work out this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My tiny Etsy shop!
http://eerinvink.etsy.com
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011 02:06:47 AM »

I think she means pin to pinterest (correct me if I'm wrong)
It's like wists but prettier, and not only for wishlisting things Cheesy

http://pinterest.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
princessdollface
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012 07:56:01 PM »

this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Adjust Sports Photos
How to Use the Free Backdrop Overlay Template
How to Add a Dark Edge to a Photo
How to Use Blending Modes
How to Crop an Image
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...