A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe Swap Round 27 (signup CLOSED, green by 12/1, sendout by 12/5)  (Read 28063 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GatorWrangler
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2011 04:36:04 PM »

In a nut shell the sweat shoppe swap is a grab bag style swap. Everyone crafts 5 or 10 like items, and in return you will receive 5 or 10 different items. Since you don't have to customize for each of your partners, a lot of people like to make their items ahead of time before signups close, but it is your choice.

Swap name:Sweat Shoppe Swap Round 27 (SSS 27)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: GatorWrangler
Sign-up date range: Nov 3 to Nov 14
PM Organizer top picks by: Nov 16, 6pm eastern
Must be finished crafting (green) by: Dec 1
Date to send item by: Dec 5

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):25

Restricted to people who all live in the same country?NO

All ages allowed? must be over 18

This next part is for me and the Mods...
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO

Details of swap:
~ Each participant will make 5 or 10 like items. For instance, 5 or 10 crocheted cloche hats (varied colors or the same it doesn't matter), or 5 sets of hand painted beads.
~ Each item/set should be the best representation of your work, and have an estimated retail value of between $7-$10 USD. If you have any doubt, post your item in the business discussion board and see what others there think. Or you may post in the sweat shoppe discussion thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=84367.0 ,
~ When sign ups close, I will ask everyone for a 'top picks list'. That list is a wish list, from the items that are offered, and there will be an effort to match to you, as many items on your list, the remainder of items will be randomly placed.
~ Then I will post a list on the forum for about a day. During this time, people can bring any errors to my attention. DO NOT PM ANY PARTNERS DURING THIS TIME UNTIL I GIVE THE OKAY.
~ We have a system for sending early; the master list of swappers will be color coded for those who are ready to receive items. When you are finished crafting, you will PM me, and I will change the color of your name on the master list to green, at that time you may send to any other green/ready person! I will also send out a check in PM for those who are not finished early, and at that time your status will be determined.
~ Make sure to get a Delivery Confirmation number for all Domestic shipments. If the item is International, make sure to save your receipt.
~ Feedback will be given when all 5 items are confirmed as received.
~ Positive feedback will be given for all people complying with the craftster swap guidelines. Late senders will be recorded in the comments section, as will poor communication. If I have to track you down, for confirming you have received or sent items, this is poor communication. When an item arrives at your door, you are expected to PM the sender of an item as well as GatorWrangler, and post in the gallery.
~ there are a lot of veteran sweat shoppers here, if you have any questions please feel free to ask your questions here OR you can PM me!
~ You may put your 'name in the hat' once (for 5 items) or twice (for 10 items)

Please make a sample of what you are offering and post the picture on this thread before signups end so people can make their top picks list. And if you do not feel someone's offering meets swap requirements, please pm me before signups close.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer (GatorWrangler):
Please note: this is an international swap. You may be partnered to send to people out of country.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
please put SSS27 or Sweat Shoppe in the subject line!
Name of swap; Sweat Shoppe Swap Round 27 (SSS 27)
Confirm that are at least 18 years old (yes/no)
Do you agree to post a photo of your offering before signups end (yes/no)
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Do you plan to make 5 or 10 items?
My item(s)/set is called; (think of something descriptively unique)

You must pm GatorWrangler when you send AND when you receive!  Your feedback will reflect non communication

« Last Edit: November 13, 2011 03:31:13 PM by GatorWrangler » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011 04:36:24 PM »

participants:

green= finished crafting and ready to send
red= CONTACT ME ASAP

GatorWrangler (10) - Colleen Marie Photography Necklaces

rlynn (5/5) - 5 scrappy accessory AND 5 owl stuffie ornament

angelxwing (10) - crocheted roses on a stick

Avesthel (5/5) - 5 silvery sets AND 5 origami pouch

nilmerg (5/5) - 5 Brown on cream hand embroidered 3" hooplas AND 5 reversable scrappy mug rugs

KodaNRoxyDogs (5) - paracord bracelets

Ruby Copperhead (5/5) - 5 Luna Lovegood lace cuffs AND 5 broomstick lace bracelets

gala_apples (5/5) - 5 Gradient Necklaces AND 5 Dove necklaces

craftycakelady (5/5) - 5 Scrabble tile pendants AND 5 mug rugs or scrappy dish mats

ooak_diva (5) - A Very Seedy Cloth (set of 2)

mintdawn (5) - Retro Roach Feathered Hair Clip + bonus surprise

lydiaharper (5/5) - 5 lydiaharper paracord bracelets AND 5 moma cloth sets (3 pantyliners/light size per set)

ChevelleZombie (5/5) - 5 "Sweet resin pieces" necklaces AND 5 rings adjustable to finger sizes

sweetyetevil (5/5) - 5 fused pendants AND 5 small (around 10 inches) stockings

sugarshoxcrafts (5) - Happy Mini Donuts!

bec99 (5) - Decorate the Christmas Tree

fabricfriend (5/5) - 5 shabby chic, vintage looking cuffs AND 5 Altered Notebooks

plaidpineapple (5/5) - 5 Pinwheel Ruffle Headbands AND 5 Set of Winter themed cards with envies (set of 4 per person)

thedreamer (10) - beaded metal bookmarks

texscrapper (5/5) - 5 Decorated Cappachino mugs AND 5 set of two embroidered flour sack towels

hazelly (10) - crochet bookmarks + miniature surprise

sajona (5) - Neutral colour chunky knit beanies

kimchery (5/5) - 5 wildflower resin pendants AND 5 tatted flower bookmarks

aisy (5) - Eclectic Earrings

onecrazymom (5/5) - 5 fleece and rice hand-warmers AND 5 cloth and paper beaded flowers (set of three)

gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=396221.0
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011 01:27:31 PM by GatorWrangler » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011 04:36:36 PM »

I will be offering necklaces with my photography on them.  You can choose a photo of mine from here.

Here is an example of one:

I hope people like them! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
aisy
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011 07:52:21 PM »

oh i love that necklace!ill think about if i can join or not. if i do, ill probably join closer to the closing date
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011 07:52:45 PM by aisy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel

♥ birds ♥

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011 08:41:41 PM »

I'm in!    Smiley

I'm aiming for 10 items.  I think 5 necklaces and 5 something sewn.  I want to make a test version before committing to the other item though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011 09:39:02 PM »

Ooooo....me, me, me!!!!! I already have 4 out of 5 offerings made! I'm doing finished 3" embroidered hoops. Now I only have 10 days to free up a swap spot! I really hope I get one!

ETA
oooo...oooo....oooo I have a spot free and didn't realise  Shocked But now the dilema, to join SSS27 or to launch the ongoing inchie swap that I have been promising! Ah well, inchie sign ups will run from when I launch until at least mid dec. These signups are only for a another 10days...I'm in, filling in questionaire now!

Here are 2 of the hoops:

There is also an owl, a 'live, love laugh star' and a doodle hoop - Here is the link to the other photos:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=394193.msg4676375#msg4676375
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011 10:00:30 PM by nilmerg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011 10:07:49 PM »

I also need your help to decide, would anyone be interested in a set of 2 co-ordinating scrappy mug rugs? I'll probably theme them by colour - so red, blue, purple, natural or Black and white etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011 10:35:42 PM »

I had a blast last round. Sending in my questionnaire right now. I am thinking of doing paracord survival bracelets. Heres an example:

http://www.paracordbraceletsale.com/para-cord-brands-bracelet-olive-drab-with-hand-tied-military-p-42.html

I have a couple colors. Would anyone be interested? If nobody is interested in these, I will do some feather earrings. If there is interest, I might do these and feather earrings. I wish I did 10 items last time, since there was so much great stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011 11:48:29 PM »

I like the paracord bracelets. Personally I'd probably go for them before dangly earings, but that is just my preferance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011 03:41:50 AM »

Yay, great goodies so far! Will sign up today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Tie a Tie (Windsor Knot)
How to Make a Gorgeous Lattice Pie Crust
Homemade Milano Cookie Recipe
How to Make Mini Candy Cane Milano Cookies for Santa
How to Make Preppy Plaid Holiday Cookies
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...