A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,029
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarn stores?  (Read 4834 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ultraviolet
« on: June 15, 2005 07:39:26 AM »

I'll be visiting Burlington in a few weeks, and was hoping to hit the yarn stores. Does anyone know of a list of LYS's? Other crafty type stores would be great too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
Sweet_Enemy
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005 08:33:33 AM »

I'm not a knitter myself, but Kalidescope Yarns is right here in Essex Junction, and they're listed in the Stitch'n'Bitch book.  Plus, when I did a search for their link, I found sites describing how awesome their customer service is. 

http://www.kyarns.com/find-kaleidoscope-yarns.html

Very easy to get to from Burlington, I promise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
creative muffin
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005 11:33:41 AM »

Margie's Muse in Jamaica is great...she has a website but nothing is really listed on it except her weaving.

She is amazing and her shop is packed full of yarns and local fibers and so much more...and she is one of the folks who does the Jamaica Fiber Festival in May....

Check it out, she rocks....I and her prices are amazingly reasonable for the yarns....she also carries other handmade stuff, from her own weaving to local glass workers stuff and so on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muffin

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.creativemuffin.com')

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.creativemuffin.etsy.com')

fiber, yarn, knitting, and spinning addict...more crafty things, Mwahahahaha
vtgirl
"Impossible sir, it's in Johnson's underwear."

Loves flow charts.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005 10:52:40 AM »

Kalidescope is the only one I remember and it really is super easy to get to from burlington.  they are wicked sweet and it's a nice shop, just hard to get into the parking lot is all.... (if they're even in the same house by 5 corners)  that's really cool that they were in stitch n' bitch, they deserve it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're referring to the incident with the dragon, I was barely involved." ~ Gandalf

Twitter = sicavt
fire*rocket
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005 10:02:34 AM »

There's the Northeast Fiber Arts store in Williston, right on rt. 2 in the village.  I haven't been to Kaleidoscope yet but have been to NE Fiber Arts and to be honest I didn't have a great experience there.  Undecided  I get most of my knitting supplies at Ben Franklin (Creative Habitat) and have been happy with their stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spentonrainydays
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005 10:40:59 AM »

I lived in Burlington and went to the University of Vermont for two years.  I learned to knit there, and fell in love with Kalidescope Yarns up in Essex Junction.  It is really easy to get to, and I am directionally impaired. 
::sigh:: I miss good old Burlington
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VTgirls_mum
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007 10:36:34 PM »

THERE IS A GREAT PLACE IN RICHFORD VERMONT CALLED THE
LARIVIERE HOUSE. 802-848-3131 ON 89 RIVER STREET.
OWNER IS SHIRLEY JEWETT. SHE HAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL YARNS AND IS A WONERFUL KNITTER HERSELF. SHE ALSO HAS MANY CRAFT, KNITTING AND SEWING SUPPLIES. SHE ALSO TEACHES CLASSES .SHE IS OPEN TUES. THRU FRI. 10AM TO 4PM AND
SAT. 10AM TO 1PM. IT IS DEFINATELY WORTH A VISIT TO HER SHOP!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
delishknits
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007 07:12:07 AM »

there are three local yarn shops in So vt that I frequent

the naked sheep - bennington,vt. great selection of basics. good prices. they also have a yarn club where you get 10% off every purchase if you're a member.
http://www.nakedsheep.com/info.html

yarns by marilyn forbes  Manchester, VT  802-362-3151
hours change - I'd call ahead. Selection is very diverse. A bit pricey - but you can get nearly any fancy italian yarn your heart desires. 16-19 of feb, you get 20% off everything.

black sheep yarns Dorset, VT (802) 867-2422
new shop, great selection, great people. all the newest stuff here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cha.cha.cha.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007 08:38:28 AM »

ooh so excited for you! I just moved out of Burlington to Brooklyn and I miss the yarn stores very much.  Knitters Lane in Shelburne is probably the closest to Burlington, located on 53 Falls Rd. about 10 min. outside the city- they usually have sale yarn and the store owner is kooky and really nice.  My ultimate favorite is Northeast Fiber Arts- they have a great selection of fibers for spinning too, if you need another addiction. I have never enjoyed Kaleidescope too much (they could be friendlier for my taste) but they do have a fantastic selection, including noro, rowan books, etc.

Creative Habitat at Ben Franklin's! I almost forgot! It's so close to Burlington and is one of the few places where you can find safety eyes for making crochet amigurumi animals.  It's a Michael's type store, but has a great selection of budget yarns too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog!  http://nomoresweaters.blogspot.com

how do you catch a unique squirrel?............. u-nique up on it.
hurdles2006
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007 06:49:19 AM »

I go to school in Colchester and everytime my friends and I go to the movies, we drive past Kaleidoscope.  Now I have to stop next time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kate
tayyeye
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008 10:19:29 AM »

Hi,

I just posted this in another thread, and I'm not sure how many Vermonters are checking this and will read - but Knitter's Laine in Shelburne is closing and everythign is at least 40% off.  Get yourself there now!

-tay
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tayto (rhymes with potato) knits
http://taytoknits.blogspot.com
kermitt6
"The Shiv"

I am the poster child for inertia.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008 09:35:48 AM »

The Knitter's Studio in Montpelier, VT is a friendly place with a great selection of very high quality yarns and a great needle selection (always nice)... and classes too!

http://www.theknittingstudiovt.com/home.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009 05:41:00 PM »

I am in the Montpelier area and pretty much posting on all the "Vermont" boards on Craftster, that I'm always looking for other crafty types to connect with...you can check out my profile here on craftster to see what kinds of stuff I'm interested in, but basically "everything". Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Grilled Sandwiches - Rueben Part 2
How to Make Grilled Sandwiches - Rueben
How to Fry Chicken
How to Bake Chicken
How to Make a Basic Chicken Rub
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...