A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
329 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MORGANA - League of Legends ++PICS++  (Read 3443 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_68_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ulcdmj
« on: November 01, 2011 03:41:39 PM »

Hello fellow craftsters!!! This is my entry, Morgana from the League of Legends online game.  I made this costume for my daughter this year and she absolutely loved it. I will be honest, I was hesitant about making it, but glad I did. I think my little girl did a fine job of picking out what she wanted to be. I did my research on the internet and only found 2 others that has made a Morgana costume. So I consider it an original, a nice choice.

Items I crafted:

Bra - Constructed from a recycled woman's dress that was bought at the good will. Had to deconstruct and cut it to fit properly for a 10 year old. Added gold piping, elastic, and fasteners.

Gauntlets - Made from scratch. Complete with detail stitching, eyelets and ribbon. (These are my favorite item in the costume)

Skirt - Made from scratch. NO PATTERN! It has three layers of twill fabric in order to capture the same look that Morgan had. Distressed with paint to give that tattered and torn look. I also has to starch the bottom area because when Morgana walks, her skirt does not flow like a normal dress would with a train. Its very stiff and intimidating as she is almost floating across the floor.

Belt - Made from scratch. I had some black material in my stash that had a leather appearance, so I chose this and had to paint it with a dry brush technique with some green paint. It was my best option since I looked everywhere to find a green faux fabric with no success.

Buttons - Bought 50 cheap buttons on ebay. Filled the holes, painted, distressed, and sealed them. These took a while to achieve.

Headband - Braided red leather from the jewelry section in wal mart. Not shown in the last picture since that was taken on a different night and I forgot to put it on her.

Wings - My first ever! Made from scratch too.  Made with gauged wire, foam core board, elastic covered with ribbon for the shoulder pieces, a velcro elastic strap that was attached underneath to balance out the weight. And then some hand dyed cheesecloth that I glued on with a handy glue gun.  They came out exactly how I wanted them too since they are a key item to her look.

Things I didnt craft - The leotard, the wig, and the hoop skirt beneath the Morgana skirt.

Anyway, I hope you guys like it and crossing my fingers it will be an inspiration for someone else try in the next year to come. Hope everybody had a wonderful Halloween too and please have a nice day! Thanks for looking!!   Smiley

Dawn

(Oddly I made this Morgana costume for my daughter Lauren, but I also have a daughter named Morgan. Assuming I was destined to make this costume? I think so! Cheesy)

This one shows the bra better:

And the true Morgana! (My only picture reference)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011 04:57:20 PM »

wow...just wow...you got some mad skills
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ashgraykitsune
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011 05:32:28 PM »

Awesome job! If I didn't have all my other projects, I'd jump at the skirt and gauntlets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011 08:49:33 PM »

that's amazing!!  well done - i bet your daughter LOVED it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ulcdmj
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011 08:49:27 AM »

Thank you everybody! I worked really hard on this so yes my daughter did love it. But she also appreciated it as much too thank goodness! Lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mezcraft
IIIIIII made it myself!!!

I'm a maker. I make stuff.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011 01:13:54 PM »

That is realllly fabulous! Great job..  I love the wings, I think the cheese cloth totally worked and you should be proud of those gauntlets cause they are fantastic! well done!\
THIS ROCKS   Logged

penelope_pidgeon
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011 10:31:50 PM »

I love this. I am such a huge fan of non-conventional costumes for children and this one takes the cake. I love, love, love the wings!! Your daughter looks like she was really working this costume!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ulcdmj
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011 09:33:25 PM »

That is realllly fabulous! Great job..  I love the wings, I think the cheese cloth totally worked and you should be proud of those gauntlets cause they are fantastic! well done!\

Thank you so much! I think the cheesecloth worked very well too since I was looking for that tattered and torn look with out all the weight. I normally buy cheesecloth and dye it for my Halloween decorations and I liked the look of it so that is how I came up with the idea. Thank you once again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ulcdmj
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011 09:37:20 PM »

I love this. I am such a huge fan of non-conventional costumes for children and this one takes the cake. I love, love, love the wings!! Your daughter looks like she was really working this costume!

I agree about the non-conventional costumes, we always shoot for something different each year. And thank you so much about the wings, I was really nervous since it was my first time making them. And yes you have know idea how my daughter was working the costume, she loves this character very much and has studied her for the past year it seems! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeatnikChick
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011 09:49:46 PM »

Wonderful wings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Human rights are for EVERYONE.  Did you know that Aung San Suu Kyi had been released from house arrest in Burma? Many other prisoners of conscience are still being detained.  Please research this topic... Amnesty International needs your help.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chilled Broccoli Salad Recipe
How to Make Eggs Over Easy and Sunny Side Up
BBQ Pulled Turkey Recipe
Grits Recipe
Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...