A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 311,384
Currently Running With Scissors:
714 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap - November 2011 Gallery  (Read 62768 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2011 05:46:13 PM »

Last when I did the ongoing ATC swap, I felt overwhelmed. Sometimes, you pick a theme only to realize you don't know what you want to do. I would then work on something easier then panic because I was running out of time. This year I don't claim another until I finish the one before. That works for me.
I have been trying this out. I worry people think I'm just being lazy about it though.

Does it bother you guys if I hand draw mine? I love to draw and don't think I am bad at all....I didn't know if a certain medium bothered you guys. SO new to this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Robinpich

What an honor to be a "Best of" winner.........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2011 08:59:41 PM »

I have an excel spreadsheet for ATC ongoing swaps and the Ongoing Inchie swaps.  Does anyone want it?  I can email you the spreadsheet and maybe that will help out?HuhHuhHuh

I have the craftster name, theme, date due, date sent, date rec'd by partner, picture posted, and angel if needed columns. 
I could add a column for the craftster real name and address if anyone wants it.

Just PM me...............with your email address.  I'll be happy to share................
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
Blog
Mod35tBabe
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2011 04:47:35 AM »

Last when I did the ongoing ATC swap, I felt overwhelmed. Sometimes, you pick a theme only to realize you don't know what you want to do. I would then work on something easier then panic because I was running out of time. This year I don't claim another until I finish the one before. That works for me.
I have been trying this out. I worry people think I'm just being lazy about it though.

Does it bother you guys if I hand draw mine? I love to draw and don't think I am bad at all....I didn't know if a certain medium bothered you guys. SO new to this.

Most mediums are accepted unless there's clearly been no effort put in whatsoever - so for instance with hand drawing if you did badly drawn stick figures it probably wouldn't be all that appreciated but anything that has had good effort put in will be well received.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2011 07:00:12 AM »

Most mediums are accepted unless there's clearly been no effort put in whatsoever - so for instance with hand drawing if you did badly drawn stick figures it probably wouldn't be all that appreciated but anything that has had good effort put in will be well received.
I put effort into them, I love to sketch especially small detailed things, like the shine spot in an eye, or rivits on a truck. The bamboo ATC paper I found is perfect for pencil work (I even use legit artist pencils Wink no no 2 here), it doesn't smudge and even doesn't smudge the graphite sticks I used on one.

Someone might get a stick figure  drawn as a joke now....but with a very detailed, why did you sit there for hours doing that, background.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eamea
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2011 07:34:58 AM »

<big waves over head> Hello out there!  Remember me?  Tongue  I haven't picked up any swaps since early fall, but I sure do miss them!  I'm a bit freaked that there's less than a month to go before Christmas, and I don't even know what most people are getting yet.  Aaack!  I was hoping to get back for the November swap, but I turned away for just a second and the month was over.  Realistically I'm looking at January now before I can make some claims.  Sad

If I can't play along, at least you all have given me some great eye candy!  As always, I love the way the same theme is interpreted by different people in different media, and the workmanship is top notch.

Someone might get a stick figure  drawn as a joke now....but with a very detailed, why did you sit there for hours doing that, background.
OK, this is hilarious!  Speaking only for myself, I love getting the hand drawn cards because it's not something that I can do.  The beauty of these swaps is that you can get something that you either aren't particularly good at or wouldn't have thought of interpreting the theme in that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's one in every family, and I'm an only child.
mistressH
glue gun weilding cowgirl

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2011 08:50:29 AM »

Don't knock stick men, look at L S Lowry!

I'm tempted to add stick figures on detailed backgrounds as a theme! Also was wondering if anyone knew if there will be a dec Atc swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coryjo
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2011 10:26:06 AM »

I received two new ATCs on Friday.  The first is from Jill Hogan for my Christmas Countdown theme (sorry for the blurry pic, I think our camera is dying.)

And second is a super cute M card for my cartoon characters alphabet from c*lientje.  The black outline is cut out by hand.  It's very cool.   Thank you so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2011 02:50:22 PM »

Also was wondering if anyone knew if there will be a dec Atc swap?

There will be, don't worry!  It will either be me or redstar13 (if she wants to snag back the swap from me ^_^).  We generally get it up within a few days of the next month.  So it will be up sometime this week.  And, as always, claiming doesn't start until the first of the month.

Hi Eamea!  I certainly miss your lovely ATCs (well, more like little works of stained glass art!)  I can't wait for you get more time and join us again!  <3

Such lovely cards coming into the gallery!

Oh, and personally, I love hand drawn ones, especially since its something I'm not good at.  I've been trying to do more watercolor ones then my normal scrapbooky style.  ^_^
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011 02:51:51 PM by jillybeans » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2011 04:20:38 PM »

I think all of my cards have been hand drawn. That's just what I do. I am terrible at embellishing! Ha! Also, someone had a stick figure theme. I did two of them and thought they turned out pretty neat.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mod35tBabe
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2011 04:24:37 AM »

Heh I did say "badly drawn with no effort" - that wouldn't exactly be accepted I wouldn't think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Find Scrapbook Stores
How to Organize Your Scrapbook Supplies
How to Make a Collage Sheet
How to Make a Photo Collage
How to Make a Cartoon Collage
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...