A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,318
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ♦ ♠ ♥ ♣ punk rock alice ♦ ♠ ♥ ♣  (Read 12627 times)
Tags for this thread: alice_in_wonderland , punk_rock , craft_challenge_68_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hobbiesplusmore
« on: October 31, 2011 11:44:16 PM »

Pictured above is my version of punk rock alice in wonderland. The dress was made for my daughter, out of 4 yards of blue cotton and 2 yards white satin. The trim I used was white and blue pregathered lace and gold grommets with black satin ribbon all of which I had on hand. I made the spade, club, heart and diamond from scrap velvet in red and black.This is my first sewing project and it was alot of work, but I had fun making it for her!  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Taramor
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011 02:36:18 AM »

It is lovely. And your daughter looks great in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011 03:33:32 PM »

Roll Eyes thanks! she was pretty excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
samanthacaye
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011 08:16:06 PM »

awsome costume !
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011 08:18:15 PM »

Roll Eyes thanks it's my first sewing project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HeatherWeavie
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011 08:22:04 PM »

did you use any sort of pattern for the dress? I want to try and make a top with that kind of neckline, but I have no idea how to go about it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011 08:44:14 PM »

Shocked Hi Heather, I didn't use a pattern, I don't know how to read one yet! what I did was looked at a tube top  with the bra (darts added in) added 1 1/2 inches around for the casing to add the elastic. then added sleeves with the elastic at the top and bottom of the sleeve. I hope this make sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hookinanny
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011 08:54:31 PM »

Shocked Hi Heather, I didn't use a pattern, I don't know how to read one yet! what I did was looked at a tube top  with the bra (darts added in) added 1 1/2 inches around for the casing to add the elastic. then added sleeves with the elastic at the top and bottom of the sleeve. I hope this make sense.

Makes perfect sense to me....am really proud of you...keep up the great work and next time make something for yourself....mommy... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011 09:05:49 PM »

Shocked Thanks! I think next year I will! Just have no idea what it will be, but I should get alot better by then! I hope.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hookinanny
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011 09:34:30 PM »

How does anyone vote?? I cannot find it??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelinlc
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011 09:51:33 PM »

Wink Great costume.... I knew you would come up mwith something great... Anne looks cool.... Keep up the good work and well done.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011 10:02:59 PM »

Shocked Thanks! It was a lot of work, It took a couple of times to get it right! She really enjoyed it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011 10:07:52 PM »

Shocked You post your craft during the period of Oct 31 - Nov 8 2011.
Voting will happen from Nov 9 - Nov 16 2010 for the best costume!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011 10:22:39 PM »

Cheesy You post your costume during the period of Oct 31 - Nov 8 2011.
Voting will happen from Nov 9 - Nov 16 2010 for the best costume!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HeatherWeavie
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011 12:09:36 PM »

Hi Heather, I didn't use a pattern, I don't know how to read one yet! what I did was looked at a tube top  with the bra (darts added in) added 1 1/2 inches around for the casing to add the elastic. then added sleeves with the elastic at the top and bottom of the sleeve. I hope this make sense.

yes it does make more sense now. i wasn't sure how the bunching around the collar was accomplished. i am going to have to try out the elastic neckline thing sometime now
THIS ROCKS   Logged

samanthacaye
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011 06:43:22 PM »

i love the costume could you make me and my niece one . she is having an Alice and wonderland birthday and would love to match her   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glenn
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011 08:01:44 PM »

Shocked Cute costume, nicely done. I can't believe it's your first project! How long did it take you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glenn
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011 09:18:23 PM »

Shocked Meant to ask did you make the hair bow too? How did you get it to stay in the hair?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
penelope_pidgeon
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011 10:27:55 PM »

You did a great job. I can't believe it's your first sewing project! Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011 12:24:21 AM »

Shocked Thanks, I've been sewing about 3 1/2 weeks now! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011 01:47:42 PM »

Roll Eyes Hi Samanthacaye,  I just started sewing and am not ready to sew for others but thanks for the complement!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011 10:31:40 AM »

Roll Eyes Hi Glenn, It took me about two weeks I worked on it a lot throughout the day. believe me I used the seam ripper a couple of times, but I really am starting to love sewing. I've been practicing daily!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011 01:12:54 PM »

Roll Eyes Yep! it's my first! After this one I plan on continuing sewing!! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vanguerin
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011 03:33:59 PM »

Shocked Your daughter looks beautiful, I love the corset! Job well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011 01:58:21 PM »

Roll Eyes Many thanks! The corset was the hardest part!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chastity12
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2011 03:15:17 PM »

Shocked Great Alice in Wonderland costume! I'm still learning to sew myself! nicely done job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glenn
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2011 03:58:46 PM »

Shocked How did you make the bow stay? is it a clip? Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011 07:14:38 AM »

Shocked The bow for her hair is made from black velvet with denim on the inside, it was a very stiff fabric. I had sewed it to a headband that was hidden in her hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vanguerin
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011 10:46:10 AM »

Roll Eyes Great job! Let us know when to vote!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelinlc
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011 12:49:06 PM »

Roll Eyes Great job on the costume, how did she do in the costume contest? at the party??? Also i love the hair bow....
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011 02:46:43 PM by angelinlc - Reason: added to it... » THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelinlc
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011 02:51:31 PM »

Let me know when we can vote on the costumes, love your punk rock alice....

Pictured above is my version of punk rock alice in wonderland. The dress was made for my daughter, out of 4 yards of blue cotton and 2 yards white satin. The trim I used was white and blue pregathered lace and gold grommets with black satin ribbon all of which I had on hand. I made the spade, club, heart and diamond from scrap velvet in red and black.This is my first sewing project and it was alot of work, but I had fun making it for her!  
[/quote]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelinlc
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011 02:57:59 PM »

I want to know where you got those wild socks and shoes?HuhHuhHuh

[/quote]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelinlc
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011 03:15:21 PM »

Can you email me how you did the sleves, I'm trying to make a mini one like this in black. I was also thinking of making the sleves longer or none at all what do you think?

[/quote]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011 04:02:18 PM »

Roll Eyes I'm not sure when they will have the votes up? I thought it was today? thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011 06:22:30 PM »

Roll Eyes I got her shoes and stockings at the Halloween store! They were to cute to pass up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011 07:18:30 AM »

Roll Eyes  I can draw you a pattern for the sleeves. I'm glad you liked it. I would definitely use sleeves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelinlc
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011 08:10:10 AM »

COOL....  That would help out greatly... Thanks....
 Wink
Roll Eyes  I can draw you a pattern for the sleeves. I'm glad you liked it. I would definitely use sleeves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hookinanny
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011 02:57:33 PM »

Shocked Thanks! I think next year I will! Just have no idea what it will be, but I should get alot better by then! I hope.

Awesome, my little friend...keep up the good work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2011 11:33:30 AM »

Roll Eyes Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelinlc
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2011 12:31:55 PM »

How does anyone vote?? I cannot find it??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2011 02:44:53 PM »

Just copy and paste the link below it should bring you to the vote page. You click on the circle then go to the bottom and push vote. Thanks

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=391946.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chassikade
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2011 07:20:13 AM »

i totally love this!!just [color=lime green]wanted [/color] to [color=lime green]say[/color] i voted [color=lime green]for[/color] ur costume(: [color=lime green]its [/color] ubbber [color=lime green]cute!!!!![/color] <3 chassi kade
THIS ROCKS   Logged
megynnb
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2011 07:54:49 AM »

AWESOME!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2011 06:51:38 AM »

Roll Eyes Thanks! I was so nervous when I posted this for the contest that I completely forgot about the details on the lining, It is lined with white satin and made of tulle to make the skirt non see through and give it a little body. I was going to make it a two layer skirt but made the first layer to short and it didn't look right so I went with the lining! Thanks again for your votes!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kay201
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2011 11:43:15 AM »

Shocked I would like a copy of the pattern for the sleeves too! I'm making a dress for Ladies Night out! thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hobbiesplusmore
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2011 05:51:35 PM »

Roll Eyes Thanks for your vote! I had to borrow my daughters sewing machine to make the costume LOL! Just send me your e-mail or personal message and I'll send you the sleeves pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vanguerin
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2011 11:30:02 AM »

Roll Eyes I love Alice! You did a great take on her. I can't believe this is your first costume! you got my vote!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...