A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,106
Currently Running With Scissors:
721 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pyramid Head from Silent Hill  (Read 2407 times)
Tags for this thread: duct_tape_crafts , craft_challenge_68_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rousseline
« on: October 31, 2011 05:38:41 PM »

My boyfriend and I had a Halloween party on Friday night. We woke up on Friday morning asking ourselves: "What costume are we gonna wear?" So we needed a quick costume that doesn't cost much.

Because we're big videogames geeks, my boyfriend decided to go as Pyramid Head, the main villain from the game Silent Hill 2 and also seen in the Silent Hill movie. He made the costume almost all by himself, mostly based on images from the movie version of the character. I don't have any work in progress shots though...

So here is the costume!

He started with a beige fleece piece that I already had at home. He cut it in the shape of an apron (the original character has only a half apron and no shirt, but my boyfriend is more prude than that Tongue) He then went outside and put dirt and splashed red paint mixed with water to make the dirty/gory look of the apron. 

He then did the hat/headpiece with a cardboard box and a lot of duct tape. He then made the eyeholes and put some screen to cover the holes (the screen is only part we had to buy). Then he also put dirt and some reddish brown paint on the headpiece so it looks rusted and gory.

The big weapon was made by his brother some time ago (duct tape, foam mats, PVC pipes), so he "borrowed" it and put dirt and red paint on it too.

And the finishing touch: red paint on his arms Wink.

Another shot of the costume!

Here are 2 pictures of the Pyramid Head from the movie:

And a last picture of him with me and my own costume (I'm dressed as a Moogle from Final Fantasy, I know the contrast is funny  Grin) I'm not entering the contest though, it's only my boyfriend's costume.

Hope you like it, sorry for all the gore though!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eira
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011 07:25:40 AM »

ahhh! If I saw him coming down the street, I would uneasily back away, possibly run. Pyramid head freaks me out! Nice job with using stuff from home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Halloween Inspiration from Celebrities Who Dare to Go Bold
Nicki Minaj Minajesty Commercial
How To Apply Matte Red Lip Stain
Fall Makeup Trends From Jill Martin
3 Volume-Boosting Beauty Products For Your Hair, Lips and Skin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...