A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,133
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hellacious Halloween Costume Bash (Wickedly Pic Heavy)  (Read 1949 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 31, 2011 02:20:56 PM »

A girlfriend of mine just happens to have a similar collection of Halloween decorations and enthusiasm for the holiday, so we conspired to co-host a party at my house this year.  We plotted over the last several months and spent hours and hours over the last few weeks planning, making, and setting up.  My photos are all from 4 hours before the party and a bit incomplete in content and number as well as taken in full light.  I hope to add hers later.

The entry hall was a spider cave, but I didn't get a good shot... except of the bones and wire on the bench:

This GIMOUNGUS specimen was making her way out into the living room

Working our way around the living room and the alcove off of it at the front of the house:

The ratty "curtains" were down for the party (up for the puppy who went for a sleepover at her cousin's house).

The mantle, I didn't get close-ups, but I hope my partner in crime did:

The piano:

Close up:

Living room light fixture, you can't see them but there are various plastic spiders in the glass and at night with the light on a dim setting, it was a nice touch.

In the dining room we had bats leaking out from the bat cave (hallway) and family (hologram) portraits on the plate rail.

Of course, The ManFlesh's costume was on him, rather than the hanger in the corner for the actual party.

The food table before the food; the baby is light activated and growls with it's eyes lighting up.  People had to reach past it to get to the deviled eggs.

Looking from the dining room into the bat cave (at the bathroom door); there was a black like in there.

Turn right as you want into the hallway and you see this big fella; who was strung up to the doorknob on the bathroom door so it would raise and lower when people went in and out.

Bathroom door:

View through the door:

We had much dimmer lighting in there for the party, or course, and no sunlight coming through the windows.

The commode vignette:

You can't see the blood dripping copiously from the tank lid.

The specimen collection:

A few favorites including the guy who ignored the No Solicitors sign and eyeballs of LaCross Team '06:

The pet/captive animated hand; sound activated so it would wriggle and crackle when the seat was put up or down.

(that project posted here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=390043.0)

Dollar store bloody hands window clings and cut up "bloody cloths" on the window:

Most "bloody cloths" to replace the shower curtains:

Used paint and fake blood on an old bathmat and hand towel:

(thought the baby shampoo was more creepy to leave in there)

On the opposite side of the dining room the alcove was turned into Satan's Throne room for our Pictures with Satan photo booth - you know, "Satan" is an anagram of "Santa" and all:

That's a separate post that I added pics from the party too just today!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=393314.0

Looking from the dining room into the kitchen which my co-hostess suggested be a "chop shop" and then I went to town distributing our fake body parts and bones around:

Dog dishes and trashcan moved for the party.

Looking the other way:

Blood dripping down the stove:

Stove area:

There was a human heart in the pan for the party:

Bsonlytoots saved my bacon by making me the human butcher charts!

Every time I came upon a potentially creepy tool in my tool boxes I'd set it aside:

The Tattoo Removal Station:

Closeups:

Chains and a bloody dishtowel on the fridge:

Apron hung on the back of the basement door, bloodied with craft paint:

Chopsaw by the back door leading to the cemetery (sign over the door) where the beverages were and where we had a smoking area:

I don't have pics of the beverage area or cemetery (yet) but I do have a shot of my Jilted Bride prop using my mom's wedding dress and an altered store bought prop (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=390038.0)

I'm proud to say people admitted to being freaked out by this one.

Finally, a little humor on the butt can for the smoking area:

If you've made this far without dying of boredom: THANKS!  I'm already planning what new props & haunts I'll do for 2013 (I'm way too tired to do this every year)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011 08:40:06 PM by TheMistressT » THIS ROCKS   Logged

twelvedaysold

http://twelvedaysold.blogspot.com/

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011 10:59:25 AM »

Wow, you went all out!!  This looks like it was an awesome party! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011 01:50:02 PM »

Thanks!  It's the only way I feel right about doing Halloween.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011 05:41:36 PM »

I'm pretty sure I would have had a giggle fest seeing it in RL. It's all so fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011 09:30:59 AM »

Thanks!  I got to giggle a lot while putting it up. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tron: Legacy Costume Designer Talks Light-Up Fabrics, Style, and the Future of Fashion
The VIDADIFH Show: James L. Brooks
Watch, Pass, or Rent: Tron: Legacy
Creating Shadows on the Wall
How to Edit with Final Cut Pro
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...