So, I know many people have made this costume in the past (and mine is definitely inspired by those), but I've wanted one of my own for a while now. Well, here it is! It was quite an experience to make and I wish I had started earlier than I did because there was several late nights involved.
The pieces I made are the horns, top, legs, and shoe covers. The necklace was one I owned.
I used a pair of leggings as a base and hand sewed carved upholstery foam to them while worn, plus added fiber fill to the butt area (that was an interesting time haha). Then I taped up one leg to use for a pattern (idea for tape from http://www.komickrazi.com/costumes/tut3.html
). Each leg ended up being 9 pattern pieces once I cut the tape apart.
The horns were stuffed fabric, tied up with thread, and wired so I could pose them and attach them to a headband. I love how they came out.
The only part I'm not totally happy with is the hooves. I didn't have the correct materials and didn't manage to make them cloven, but hey, better than just wearing the shoes.
The tail was definitely one of my favorite parts, and I kept getting compliments on my butt
I wanted the top to have as few seams as possible, as if I made it roughly from materials I could find in the woods. It worked out almost exactly like I wanted, so I was quite happy with that.
Thanks for looking! Comments, critique, questions are all welcome
PS. So many awesome costumes already posted this year!