A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help me fix up some slippers?  (Read 1339 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melby
« on: October 30, 2011 06:30:39 AM »

Hey all. I've never done anything with shoes before so, bear with me please! Okay so, I have this pair of slippers that are super awesome ...except they're not. See, they have a solid (not squishy at all) bottom, and then a plastic sole, which is very much needed as we have wood floors, and flimsy soft slippers don't protect feet at all, and the ones with a thicker squishy bottom get flattened down after wearing them for a bit. This is what they look like:

The problem is, as you can see in pic 1 there, the inside liners are totally coming off. Which is bad for two reasons. A) It bunches all up like that and feels really annoying under my feet, and B) the foamy-like thing under it kinda sticks to my feet somewhat, not sure if it's just that sort of material, or if there was anything sticky on it. Also, since I'm asking about the slippers anyhow I'll toss this out too; while I think they're totally cute, the sequin stuff on top gets caught on EV.RY.THING, like omg, you have no idea how many threads and things they have yanked out of stuff!!

So, is there anything I can do with these, aside of just trying to make an insert to put on top of the coming-off green layer? Anything at all?
Thanks for any tips you can give me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011 09:30:49 AM »

If this were my problem, I'd tear the old insoles right out. You can get cheapo white insoles with a silver mylar bottom (I think they're 5 or 6 bucks) and put them in with spray adhesive. Badabing, extra squish and no annoying bunching feeling!

As for the sequins, I'd go ahead and just nip them all off. I don't think it would affect the structural integrity of your slippers at all.

Have fun Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melby
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011 09:58:38 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions! I actually don't think I can actually tear those out; if you look at the first pic you can kinda see - the green is the same satiny-like fabric as the tops, and is sewn on all around the sides, but has somehow worn off on the upper parts due to my wearing them daily. When I noticed it first happening I tried pulling on it and that's when I looked closer and realized how it's on there. Totally annoying. I'll try to see if a small scissors will get the rest of that fabric free, though, now that there's a plan! Tongue And yeah I don't think cutting the sequins off should do anything aside of leaving them plainer, haha. I think I should be able to use a seam ripper to cut them loose. Smiley

Okay, I will have to check with my husband on where we could try to find some insoles. I have no idea what they're called out here so that might be tricky. hahaha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frankeknitter
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011 09:53:14 AM »

You could get some pleather or vinyl and cut it with pinking shears in the shape of the insole and rubber cement it on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melby
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011 02:38:17 AM »

Thanks for the tip Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ashusood
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012 10:45:42 PM »

frankkniter responses same what i wanna to say so i agreed with her
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Zingy Lemon Cake Recipe
How to Make a Hot Turkey Sandwich with Teriyaki Mushrooms
How to Make Perfect Baked Eggs
How to Make Turkey Chili
How to Make The Best Turkey Burger
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...