A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 301,556
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do you decide that a swapper is a flake?  (Read 1136 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

canamharris
« on: October 29, 2011 04:18:40 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of organizing my first swap and just needed a little clarification from others. When do you determine that a person is a flake? Ex. Its almost 2 weeks past sendout dates, the person has been in contact with you but keeps giving you sendout dates promises that never happen. When do you just give up on them? How do you handle this type of situation? Basically how long do you wait for them to send before getting an angel?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011 10:47:37 AM »

Its best to open a Help Desk ticket with your concerns (please include all the relevant information) and one of the swap mods will be happy to help you out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FOC 2nd Chance Wishlist Swap  Jan 7/15 - Feb 6/15 

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011 07:26:27 PM »

You can should give them 'temporary' negative feedback if they still haven't sent 2 weeks after the original send out date. That might spur them into sending as they can't join any other swaps while they have a negative. A polite message someting along the lines of- I have had to give you negative feedback as you have not sent within 2 weeks of the original send date. This feedback can be reversed and positive feedback given if you post before x date and you package meets with all swap requirements (this last bit makes sure that they send quality items and don't just rush some crap out the door). Give them a deadline and stick to it. If they don't - then negative feedback, which they will have to work off if they want to continue to swap.

I feel your pain and while it doesn't happen every swap, it unfortunately happens occasionally. It is frustrating for you and the reciever. Unfortunately, life really does get in the way of a good swap sometimes, I know a great swapper who became suddenly ill, and failed to meet her deadlines, she got negative feedback, but worked on her packages until she had this feedback fully reversed and is back swapping again. I usually feel quite guilty about giveing negative feedback - like you are spoiling someones fun - but remember, some people just are not cut out for swapping.

Like alteredmommy says, it is a good idea to contact the help desk too, for advice and just to record your issues too. They are very nice people and are always very helpful.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011 03:22:30 AM by nilmerg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

canamharris
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011 07:33:58 PM »

Thanks guys! I wasn't sure how long I should keep drawing it out. If I was to finally put my foot down and say this date or ELSE! (other then the temporary negative feedback part).

Man this organizing this can be hard work! But thankfully its been fun too! I'll definitely contact the help desk if it reaches that point! (crossing my fingers that it doesn't)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011 10:16:26 PM »

All swappers who have not sent at the 2 weeks past the send date need to have a temporary Negative in their feedback (regardless of whether they are communicating or not) which like nilmerg says can be easily reversed once you have proof of them sending.  Proof would be either a valid dc# or a scan of their dated postal receipt if they are international Smiley  If you do have further questions about when or if you should get an angel, do open a Help Desk ticket and a swap mod will be happy to help you out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FOC 2nd Chance Wishlist Swap  Jan 7/15 - Feb 6/15 

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Test Lab: Brush-On Mascara
Is Coconut Oil a Beauty Miracle?
How to Rock Wet-Look Lids
What Make Up to Wear with a Tan
Will This Glossy Topcoat Transform Your Lipstick Wardrobe?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...