A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 308,224
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Art for Your Craft Swap (SIGNUPS CLOSED; SEND BY 8/06)  (Read 8975 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SheRa
Curiosity often leads to trouble.

Curiouser and curiouser!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2005 05:07:06 PM »

OK girls - here's what's going on as of today:  we have 4 artists that qualify as of now to swap, one who can't swap until the 19th.  we have 6 crafters who can swap now, plus one who can't swap until the 26th (she said she can have everything ready to ship by that date though).  we have 4  people who can do BOTH.

SO, do you guys want me to extend again?  i know we've all been pretty busy lately, and i'd like to give more people a chance to sign up if they want to, but i don't want to drag this out for too long.  i suppose i'll leave it up to you guys.  should i cap off sign-ups now, or let them go a while longer?  i can extend the ship date too (of course).

aaaaaaaand...discuss

Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lexis
dreamer

waist deep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2005 05:31:49 PM »

aaaaaaaand...discuss

Wink
hee hee...

I am not sure what you put me qualified as...(arty? crafty?) Matter of fact, I am not even sure i am on your list... hmm...
anyway.. seeing as there is lots of interest,  and i can relate to the 'i'm almost qualified' debacle- I am okay with waiting. BUT also secretly wishing i could do it now !!! i am anxious to know what my partner wants, etc, and start to at least think about it ...if i rush the project without prior thinking--my partner will end up getting some ass-y thing ..lol!..maybe you could keep it all real flexible, seeing as you're dealing with artists here.. pairing up the two that are waiting for their dates in the meantime??
sorry- i'm just real excited to see what conspires...
 Grin
thinking out loud, really.. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2005 05:40:02 PM »

No offense to anyone, but I would rather cap in the next couple days and get started.  I noticed that there is talk about another Wish Swap in the Craft Swap Ideas area; perhaps those who don't make it into this one can join that one and have a chance to use their skills and request what they want.

I think if we wait too long, we risk people losing enthusiasm or forgetting they signed up.  We'll just have to catch newbies in the next round!

And that, my dears, is my two cents!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2005 05:56:25 PM »

I am now in this swap!  Yah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2005 05:58:43 PM »

Uh, yah, that was random and had nothing to do with the disucussion.  Sorry bout that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
SheRa

Curiouser and curiouser!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2005 06:01:02 PM »

lexis - i put you down as both.

writer - i totally agree with worrying about people losing enthusiasm.  as of now, we have an even number of people, and i think it should stay that way.  so here's the verdict:

SIGNUPS ARE CLOSING FRIDAY.  I just got one more PM from someone signing up who can do both art AND craft, so we need one more person to make it an even number.  if we're short one person, i'll send out to 2 people.

I have a wedding to go to on Saturday, so I'll pair people up on Sunday and have info to you guys early next week.  I'm really psyched to get crackin' at this swap!!

sorry to retropunkie and Chelsa (our 2 newbies), but hopefully this swap will rock so hard that people will want to go for a round 2 in the future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SheRa

Curiouser and curiouser!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2005 06:02:38 PM »

Uh, yah, that was random and had nothing to do with the disucussion. Sorry bout that.

hey, that's fine - excitement is always on topic Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lexis
dreamer

waist deep

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2005 06:13:55 PM »

Look forward to it!!!! yeehaw!
ooh big geek, i am. ha! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2005 07:12:37 PM »

SIGNUPS ARE CLOSING FRIDAY.  I just got one more PM from someone signing up who can do both art AND craft, so we need one more person to make it an even number.  if we're short one person, i'll send out to 2 people.

Friday is my one month anniversay - woohoo!  SheRa I just pm'd you.

Artist and crafter here - and excited for my first swap  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.com - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.blogspot.com
SheRa

Curiouser and curiouser!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2005 07:34:30 PM »

yay!  i'm so excited about how many people have signed up for this!  i officially changed the signup date in the topic (i forgot to do that when i posted earlier!) so if anyone else is interested, they have until friday.  it seems like we'll have an even number so that people can get the type of trade they're looking for.  everyone seems so creative!  and in response to an earlier comment, feel FREE to post samples of your art/crafting abilities in this thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...