A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,342
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cloud prefold diapers  (Read 1604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 26, 2011 05:04:51 PM »

We;ve been cloth diapering for about a 4 weeks now. I love it but sadly the kind we picked(prefolds) do not usually come in cute colors or prints. So as a crafty momma I took matters into my own hands. And using this tutorial:
http://webpages.charter.net/rhamley/diapers/diapertext1.htm
And only modifying size I made some prefolds with this cute fabric I got at walmart! I also used microfiber along with the terry cloth in the center for extra absorbency.
I finally located some pins so I can show them off!

You use them with a water proof cover so they don't wick on to baby's clothes which is what she's sitting on. Smiley I had to leave it open so you could see the diaper.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011 05:05:09 PM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchintime
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011 09:47:21 AM »

How fun!  I LOVE cute cloth diapers on a baby bottom!  When I was diapering my kids I only had unbleached India cotton prefolds and plain diaper covers.  Your fuzzy clouds make me want to do it all over again!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011 10:26:03 AM »

How fun!  I LOVE cute cloth diapers on a baby bottom!  When I was diapering my kids I only had unbleached India cotton prefolds and plain diaper covers.  Your fuzzy clouds make me want to do it all over again!!
I have those too. planning tie dye them to make them more fun. Smiley I want to buy more flannel and make more in bigger sizes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IdlersDesign
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011 10:28:21 AM »

They look cute, love the clouds! But why not lining them with PUL so you don't even need the plastic cover? (I could send you some if you like, just let me know)
We still use cloth diapers for our son (2 y/o) who's potty training now and we love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011 02:24:15 PM »

They look cute, love the clouds! But why not lining them with PUL so you don't even need the plastic cover? (I could send you some if you like, just let me know)
We still use cloth diapers for our son (2 y/o) who's potty training now and we love it.

I have pul just been saving it to make covers with. these are a newborn size so where only used in this manner for a short time. I use the flip system so now I newspaper fold and use them as inserts.
I don't think you can use pins with pul though. and prefolds only work with snappi's or pins. to my knowledge. sadly flannel won't snappi. Sad
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011 02:25:23 PM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Choosing the Right Shorts For Your Age
How to Wear Jean Shorts
The Top 5 Styles of Shorts
How to Wear Bold Neon Fashions
5 Ways to Wear a White Tee
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...