A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Advent Calendar Swap 2011 Gallery  (Read 13129 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

koalascout
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011 09:14:19 PM »

i have received, it is so tempting to open now that i have put it away until after thsnksgiving then i will post pic of it out of mailing box and ready to open

okay ladies i finally got the pics on the computer
straight out of the box as you can see a green bell fell off

day 1 day 2 (for my son)
day 3 day 4 (for my son)

and since my son has a boy scout meeting on monday night and things get a little crazy on mondays i went ahead and opened day 5 as well
day 5

day 6 day 7 day 8 day 9 day 10

the hershey kiss holder(s) is made out of 7 count plastic canvas

day 11
day 12
day 13
day 14
day 15

day 16 close up
day 16

day 17
day 18
day 19
day 20
day 21

day 22
day 22 close of map for my son

day 23
day 23 inside of christmas  card

day 24

a dream catcher  i like everything but i think this is my favorite
close up of wolf button in the center
close up of feathers

of course there was some days for my son but i have to go back and double check which others were for him

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011 01:10:02 PM by koalascout » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011 11:21:15 PM »

i have received, it is so tempting to open now that i have put it away until after thsnksgiving then i will post pic of it out of mailing box and ready to open

You have such good self-control! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011 08:43:30 AM »

Love the giant stocking!! What fun!

Hey Mare - I assume it's okay that we post here before everyone has reserved their spot?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011 09:45:39 AM »

Love the giant stocking!! What fun!

Hey Mare - I assume it's okay that we post here before everyone has reserved their spot?

Yep, reserving a spot isn't required and I'm going to link up to reserved spots at the beginning of the thread. We're easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
J_Kieviet

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011 09:23:15 PM »

I've got mine still in the box,  will be sending to my partner asap.  The one she sent is wafting scents of coffee, but no peeking.  The floors in my room are getting redone next week, so I need to empty out my craft room and bedroom this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
EllaRain
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011 01:29:21 PM »

Looks like I better save myself a spot. Wink
I got my camera battery charged and it is time to upload pictures.

Check out the the beautiful calendar tracethekat sent.

They are books  Grin (did I mention I love to read)
And inside are a whole bunch of little compartments closed with really cute scrapbooking paper.

Isn't that such a clever idea!?!

Day 1: Chocolates mmmm

Day 2: An elephant key chain straight off of my wist

I just love him!

Day 3:  Some Werther's Originals (one of my favorite of candies)

Day 4: More chocolates

Day 5: A Santa ornament.

The picture just does not do this one justice. It is a combination of beads (which are much shiner in real life) and cross stitch and it is just gorgeous. I feel quite spoiled.

Day 6: Wrether's Orignials

Day 7: Christmasy Chocolates

Day 8: A "Ho Ho Ho" Block. The painting on this is really nice.

Day 9: The most adorable little tetris stitch holders. These are just like the ones on my wist only cuter because of their tinyness  Wink

Day 10: chocolates

Day 11: Popsicle sticks and toothpicks

Day 12: A brain slug (my hubby was excited to get this one)

Day 13: tetris magnets (so addictive to reorganize)

Day 14: cross-stitch supplies

Day 15: hardener

Day 16: more tetris magnets (here is the complete set).

Day 17: Chocolates (these never seem to last long enough to make it into a picture  Wink)

Day 18: Resin

Day 19: Plastic cups - I see now that I am slowly acquiring a resin making kit (suddenly the toothpicks, popsicle sticks and hardener make sense).  Resin is one of those crafts that I have been wanting to try so the realization was exciting!

Day 20: Mini cactus pincushion  Cheesy

Day 21: Colored pencils

Day 22: Chocolate

Day 23: Chocolates

Day 24: Little bear. (so cute and soft)

Christmas!

I got a collection of things for day 25. A santa cross-stitch. A cool wooden ornament and my favorite a giant ball stuffie. Something about his big adorable eyes makes me what to pick him up and throw him around  Grin.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011 01:34:37 PM by EllaRain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. . . . I would rather have cheese.
http://pinterest.com/ellaraindrop/
disposableactor
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011 05:24:55 PM »

What's that little package . . . ?

Open Now!

Now? It's just about now right now.  I better open you.

Awwww yeah!  In shaky cell phone vision.

P.S. It is ginormous and hugamongous (<-- both totally words btw).

Day 1

Cool little note pad.  I seem to have misplaced my quote.  If my little man has found it, we can presume it has gone to a better place.  If not, I will find it and report back.

Day 2

"Electric communication will never be a substitute for the face of someone who with their soul encourages another person to be brave and true." -Charles Dickens

Day 3

When Iggy opened this I was like, AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I have been coveting these little goldfish soaps ever since MareMare posted then forever ago.  Iggy was very intrigued and will be taking a bath with it shortly.  At that time he will probably try to taste it.  He's on a candle and soap tasting kick.
"I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot." -Author unknown

Day 4

Delicious Ginger Candy . . . Heck Yes!
"A Painter, who lived in Great Britain
"Interrupted two girls with their knittin'
"He said, with a sigh,
"That park bench -- well I
"Just painted it, right where you're sittin'."

Day 5

BUTTONS!
"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein

Day 6

A picture frame ornament.  What what!
"I cook with wine, sometimes i even add it to the food." - W.C. Fields

Day 7

I've never had one of these before.  It was amazing.  You may have noticed that this is not a photograph that I took but a product picture from online. This is because I ate it (the candy bar) and have no idea what I did with the wrapper while in a sugar induced stupor.
"The secret of life is not to do what you like, but to like what you do."  -American Proverb

Day 8

Mmmm . . . pepperminty.  I haven't gotten to use it yet because I've vowed to helped the boy free day three's soap fish.  He carries it everywhere.  I caught him trying to eat the soap off the fish.  By his facial expression, it wasn't very tasty.
"NOW it was serious.  A double-dog-dare.  What else was there but a triple dare ya?  And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare."  -A Christmas Story

Day 9

Iggy's pretty sure these are the best things that ever happened (next to soap fish).
"There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast." -Charles Dickens

Day 10

Iggy got a little rough with this one.  It's his first pack of cards and I don't think he realized that you are supposed to keep the box to put them back in.  I was able to flatten out the rumpled one for him.  That being said, he spent a full 45 minutes fiddling with them.  I wasn't allowed to play, they're his cards.

Day 11

beads WHOOT
"That's the true spirit of Christmas; people being helped by people other than me." - Jerry Seinfeld

Day 12

OK so I had this idea that I was going to get this great picture of my husband and me in face masks.  But it turns out that this stuff is way too classy for that.  It isn't all thick and goopy like you'd buy at the store.  It's thin and it feels great.  It's like the type of mask you pay a fortune for when you get a facial.  It's thin and silky and fantastic.  But it doesn't make you look funny.  Just fabulous.  So . . . no funny picture.  Oh, and if you can't tell, I LOVE it.
"You're never too old to learn something stupid." -anonymous

Day 13

Brain-fried husband!  YAY!  Actually the gift was the cute little Cthulhu behind his head.  I believe he is driving my man insane as deep ones are wont to do.  You should have seen his face when he opened it.  He lit up like a little boy and then chased our son around the kitchen with his new toy.
" . . . an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature . . . . A pulpy tentacled head surmounted a grotesque scaly body with rudimentary wings."  -H.P. Lovecraft

Day 14

A Rudolf sucker for my little one.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagi fhtagn.  In his house in R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
-H.P. Lovecraft

Day 15

Today was a gift for Iggy and he seems to have hidden it from me.  It was another cute little deck of cards.
And words by which I live my life.
"You're never to old to learn something stupid." -Author unknown

Day16

Chap-stick!
"A Christmas candle is a lovely thing; it makes no noise at all, But softly gives itself away; While quite unselfish, it grows small."  -Eva K. Logue

Day 17

Hair clips!
"Once again, e come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice." - Dave Barry

Day 18

Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses
"Forget love, I'd rather fall in chocolate."  -Unknown

Day 19

Pop-rock like candy. I love giving this stuff to Iggy.  He makes the funniest faces.
"It was always said of him that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge.  May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, 'God bless us, every one!'" - Charles Dickens

Day20

Gold BUTTONS!  Iggy really liked these so they are currently MIA.  I had better find them soon.  I had plans for them! YAY I found them!
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." - Author unknown

Day21
Gin Rummy cards for my peanut!  My husband and I used to play that game all the time when we were dating.  Iggy stashed them somewhere.  They have those little squeak aliens from Toy Story on them.  I love those guys!
"There was a dear lady of Eden, Who on apples was quite fond of feedin'; She gave one to Adam. Who said, 'Thank you, Madam,' And then both skedaddled from Eden."

Day22

Fantastic lotion that smells fantastic!  You can see that there is already a noticeable amount missing.  I've been using it a lot.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." - Charles Dickens

Day23
A polar bear pez dispenser!  Iggy thinks this thing is great.  He's been taking it to bed with him.  Please disregard my laundry and empty box.

"Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles." - unknown

Day24
A pack of AA batteries!  So useful.
"One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day.  Don't clean it up too quickly." - Andy Rooney

Day25
'Do rags!  Totally cute AND you can see the bracelet I made out of Day 5's buttons.  My face looks stupid because it takes my husband an eternity to take a picture.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012 12:15:20 AM by disposableactor » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CabinArts
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011 06:10:59 PM »

That is an awesome tree!  It looks so fun, can't wait to see it as the month goes on Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011 06:45:01 PM »

I love the books and the tree! I can't wait to see what could be inside of those little books - what a cute idea Smiley. I know the great things that are to come with the tree!! It's fab!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
EllaRain
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011 06:25:48 AM »

The books are such a cute idea. I like how the titles of the books include numbers. The tree is very cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. . . . I would rather have cheese.
http://pinterest.com/ellaraindrop/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Astonishing Differences in Beauty Standards Around the World
Why Do Women Shave Their Legs?
Woman Gets Photoshopped Around The World
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
Do Mascara Primers Really Work?
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...