A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Advent Calendar Swap 2011 Gallery  (Read 13219 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« on: October 26, 2011 04:42:20 PM »

Here's our gallery!

Main thread:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=388992.0

MareMare's Send/Received List:

Sent
Received
Sending Late with Communication
Feedback left

LimeRiot > CabinArts  
CabinArts > koalascout
Koala Scout > LimeRiot

J_Kieviet --> Myrdda
Myrdda --> J_Kieviet

EllaRain --> tracethekat
tracethekat --> EllaRain

DesignVigilante <--> goldfishpollywog
goldfishpollywog --> DesignVigilante

Tree27 --> celticgoddess
celticgoddess -->Tree27

Links to Individual Galleries:

adrienne_bowers
CabinArts
celticgoddess
DesignVigilante
disposableactor
EllaRain
goldfishpollywog
grasshopper
holistic knitter
J_Kieviet
koalascout
LimeRiot
MareMare
Myrrda
mom2em
purple_girl
thatcraftyrabbit
tracethekat
Tree27  

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011 10:31:57 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
J_Kieviet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011 08:34:13 PM »

Hi everyone, claiming my spot, can't wait to start posting the fun stuff Smiley

SENT
RECIEVED
SENT AND RECIEVED
SENDING LATE WITH COMMUNICATION

MareMare <--> disposableactor
mom2em<--> grasshopper
holistic knitter<--> purple_girl
adrienne_bowers <--> thatcraftyrabbit

I LOVE my calendar, finally was able to get back to it yesterday, so far I have recieved:
bamboo crochet hook, fancy yarn, magnet, chocolates, and some other goodies, will upload pics as soon as I figure out how {used my smart phone, camera is still somewhere in storage}

Today I got some coffee, I also recieved a nutcracker earlier this week, another magnet.  I took photo's with my phone but they won't uploa so I'll take pics of the crafts later this week {the food was already enjoyed.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011 09:40:06 PM by J_Kieviet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
CabinArts
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011 07:03:01 PM »

Here is my entire Advent Calendar in all of its beautimous glory!

Oh my!  I'm so impressed with my calendar!  LimeRiot took driftwood and painted a picture onto each piece, if I'm guessing right, by the end of Advent, I should have an entire little village!  I LOVE this so much!!  What a creative idea!!  And even though today is only day 4, I already feel so spoiled with the little gifties!  Luxurious cuticle cream, homemade bookmarks, a Christmas stamp, and keychain!  

UPDATED:
I LOVE MY CALENDAR!!  Seriously, LimeRiot put so much time into this!  I look forward to opening a new piece of my village every day!  Look at how amazing this is!!

And when it comes to gifts, oh.my.goshness!!  I am being spoiled beyond belief!!  I absolutely LOVE each and every single day!!  Look at all my little gifties here!  

Cupcake Gumballs, Phone Charms, Mistletoe Kiss Hooplah (LOVE THIS), Alphabet Stamp Set, Lavender Dashboard Set, 4 Decorated Mini Clothes Pins

Vanilla Latte Shea Butter Soap (Smells amazing!), Glitter Polish (YAY fun!), Apple Charm, Nail File, Buttons (SO NEEDED!!)

2 Clear <3 Charms, "Stuff" Notebook (Perfect!), BooBoo Kisses BandAids (Love!), Sewing Scissors with Felt Elephant (Perfect, now it won't be so easy to lose sewing scissors!), Inflatable Fruitcake (Loads of laughs here!)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2011 02:43:25 PM by CabinArts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

celticgoddess

Extinction is forever

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011 07:46:04 PM »

My calender from Tree27! It's so pretty!

Dec 1st- So freaking cute!
Quote "If you don't have christmas in your heart, you won't find it under a tree." -Davison

Dec. 2nd- Snowflake buttons.

Dec. 3rd-Glitter

Dec. 4th-Nerds

Dec. 5th-Ornament
Quote- "Love is what's in the room at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen."

Dec. 6th-Beads

Dec. 7th-Grow an elf

Dec. 8th-Ornament
Quote- "Those we love are the snowflakes of life. None are the same, each is beautiful, and all bring something special to our world." Martin Buber

Dec. 9th

Dec. 10th-Ornament
Quote- "I love snow for the same reason I love Christmas. It brings people together while time stands still." Rachel Cohn

Dec. 11th-Glitter

Dec. 12th-Candy cane ornament

Dec. 13th-Ribbon

Dec. 14th-Nerds

Dec. 15th-Ornament

Dec. 16th-Glitter

Dec.17th-Ornament

Dec. 18th-Mini ornaments

Dec. 19th-Nerds

Dec. 20th-Ornament

Dec. 21st-Beads-Beautiful color, and the cut makes it sparkle a lot

Dec. 22nd-Ornament-Sorry it's blurry.

Dec. 23rd-Nerds

Dec.24th-Tea light candle holders, with hubs and I's names etched in them

Dec. 25-Hoops!

Thank you so much for such a fun swap! Maybe next year there will be a fill your advent calander swap.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011 10:01:48 AM by celticgoddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was on the moon at the time.....with Steve.

http://www.wists.com/celticgoddess

http://pinterest.com/lovezombie/
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011 07:58:42 PM »

Here is the fun calendar I received from koalascout! Each day, I squeeze their checks and a new little pressie comes out Smiley!

I had a complete brain fart and thought it was Dec 3rd Undecided. I unintentionally cheated and opened 3 days. Sorry!

Here are some of my recent prizes!

The quotes koalascout sent are really fun. They are kind of like photos. Some of these will be hung on the fridge!

Here is my xmas day treat! A yarn wreath!! I'm going to decorate it with felt flowers.

Thanks koalascout!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012 11:38:04 AM by LimeRiot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011 04:53:44 PM »

I received today! Here's a picture of my calendar (sorry about the darkness)

And here's a picture of December 1!  I think the little written part got lost, however. My kids wanted to use the glitter RIGHT NOW! and I had many questing hands for the chocolate ....

December 2:

December 3:

December 4:

I also received a book with Xmas quotes, so I'll put some down for the last four days.

"Health, peace, and sweet content be yours." - Shakespeare

"Whatever else be lost among the years,/ Let us keep Christmas still a shining thing:/ Whatever doubts assail us, or what fears,/ Let us hold close one day, remembering/ Its poignant meaning for the hearts of men./ Let us get back our childlike faith again." - Grace Noll Crowell

"Sing hey! Sing hey!/ For Christmas Day;/ Twine mistletoe and holly./ For a friendship glows/ In winter snows,/ And so let's all be jolly!" - Unknown

"There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship." - Saint Thomas Aquinas

Dec 5
My husband LOVES this - as does the four year old

"A Christmas gambol/ Oft could cheer/ The poor man's heart/ Through half the year." - Sir Walter Scott

Dec 6 and 7

Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

So, my camera is cool, our internet not so much. As I have access at work, and I'm here super early every morning, I'll just update, and post pictures in a while.

I have received a whitish colored rabbit shaped soap; a coin purse; two packets of instant flavored coffee mix; a zippered bag; a fudge bar; a bamboo ring/brooch; mini chocolate bars.
December 8.

December9, 10, 11, 12, 13.

"Some times the holidays can flurry with so much activity. May you experience the calmness found in the true joy of this season!"  - anon

"Here's hoping your holidays are full of rich blessings, simply born from precious hands and best intentions - those who care and want to share life's best with you!" - anon

"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveler, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!" - Charles Dickens

"Anything for a quiet life." - Thomas Middleton

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever." - John Keats

"Cheer! Now stir the fire, and close the shutters fast,/ Let fall the curtains, wheel the sofa round,/ And, while the bubbling and loud-hissing urn/ Throws up a steamy column, and the cups,/ That cheer but not inebriate, wait on each,/ So let us welcome peaceful evening in." - William Cowper

December 14, 15, 16, 17

a wood burned ornament gift tag; glass beads, soap, foam shapes.  

"If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it; every arrow that flies feels the attraction of the earth." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"At Christmas play and make good cheer,/ For Christmas comes but once a year." - Thomas Tusser

"Merry Christmas, and may God bless us, every one." - Charles Dickens

"May these verses truly cheer you,/ Give you moments of pure delight/ As the season's festivities amuse us,/ And its beauties bring joys so bright!"

December 18 - woodburned ornament tag
December 19 - crocheted kitchen scrubbie
December 20  - need to find it .....
December 21, 22, 23, 24

and christmas day!

and the gifts

and the apron
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011 11:44:30 AM by Myrdda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011 10:03:46 PM »

Wow, everything is so beautifully packaged! Lucky CabinArts!

Here is my awesome calendar! Books! I love it, thank you disposableactor!

I can't wait until the first!

Finally getting some days up! I apologize to my partner for not posting pics yet. Tonight when I went to finally take the pics I couldn't find my camera. I hope I find it soon, but my Droid takes decent pics! I may have not quite matched up the quotes with the correct day, and I appear to have misplaced one along the way. Maybe it's off somewhere with my camera.

Day 1: Baking sprinkles! Edible glitter shaped like stars

"Cookies are made of butter and love" --Norwegian Proverb

Day 2: Teeny tiny turtle magnet just coming out of his shell. This is on my fridge right now but I assume as soon as one of my nephews sees it they will steal it. Hooligans.

Day 3: A cute hair clip! Just the style I like!

Day 4: Needle and thread embroidery! This is going in my sewing room!

"It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept buying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Bu then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?" --Fry

Day 5: Little ornament made out of cinnamon with jingle bells!

Day 6: Another cute ornament, it's folded paper (?) with a jingle bell! I love that the string reminds me of friendship bracelets (my first craft!)

I found one of the missing quotes!
"Think how many blameless lives are brightened by the blazing indiscretions of other people." --Saki

Day 7: Mini Mittens! So cute, you can see the back with the tiny clothespin connection in the picture above. Again I've misplaced a quote. But I found my camera, apparently I left it at my brother's at Thanksgiving!

"A piece of string walks into a bar and the bartender says, 'Hey, We don't serve string here.' So the piece of string leaves but he comes back later...in disguise. He ties himself into a knot and pulls out a full threads. When he walks into the bar again, the bartender asks 'are you a piece of string?' And the string answers, 'No, a frayed knot' "

Days 8-10:
Cute felt pin and a comic. The way the pin was sticking out of the book it looked like a bookmark! The comic is awesome, it's about "The Yellow Wallpaper", which I wrote my senior thesis on.

"Doctor, there's a woman in the wallpaper"
"That woman has a feminist agenda.Tell her to get in the wallpaper that's in the kitchen!"
ha! love it!

Cute compact with the initial M on it...and it's pink!

What's inside? A sewing kit! How awesome!

Boy: n. A noise with dirt on it. "Not Your Average Dictionary"
Describes my nephews!

Another M! Awesome embroidery transfer!

"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once. But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog" --Dwight Schrute

Days 11-14:

Button Magnet! I needed magnets and I love buttons. Winning!

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?" --W. Clement Stone

Lindt Candy! There used to be 3. I might save one for my mom and one for my boyfriend. But I probably won't, that doesn't really sound like something I would do.

"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who love chocolate and Communists."  --Leslie Moak Murray

Fun yellow fabric. I know I've mixed up the quotes, it's entirely possible the yellow wallpaper comic came with this day!

Leela: I don't know what you did Fry, but once again, you screwed up! Now all the planets are gonna start cracking wise about our mamas.
Hermes: I'm just glad my fat, ugly mama isn't alive to see this day.
Professor Farnsworth: Enough about your promiscuous mother, Hermes! We have a bigger problem.

So awesome---Shrinky dinks! My nephews love TMNT and Shredder is their favorite! It came with colored pencils and a Zoidberg too! The boys are going to have so much fun making these and putting them on the tree!

'When you feel like absolutely no one's watching you, that's probably a ninja. Yeah. Pretty heavy stuff." --Ask a Ninja

Day 15
Super cute shrinky dink ornament. You can see a candle glowing in one window and a decorated tree in another! So detailed!

Day 16
Different kind of delicious lindt candy with sea salt and caramel. Nom nom nom! I actually shared this with my mom...but yeah it's long gone

"I used to wake up at 4 am and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness."  --James Thurber

Day 17
Shrinky dink buttons! So fun!

Day 18
Glittery butterfly on a mini clothespin!

Day 19
Fun suncatcher kit with directions on how to fill it with the beads and melt it in the oven! There's a hanger for it too that didn't make it into the pic

Day 20
Simpsons magnet for my boyfriend!

Days 21-24
Yummy tea, another cute hair clip, and now I'm waited to long and the wonderful goodies have scattered and I forgot what exactly was which day. But my partner and I did send each other one of the same quotes, how hilarious is that?

Day 25

I'm sorry it's taking me so long to put this up...but my Christmas Day present was this adorable "M" embroidery! Yay, I got hoopla! Thank you disposableactor for being a great partner!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012 09:11:59 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011 08:37:52 AM »

DesignVigilante sent me the most amazing smelling calendar!  I haven't hung it yet, but thought y'all might like some pics anyway!

All tucked away in a giant stocking.

All the crocheted ornament pockets out for all to see!  So cute!

Close up of the ornaments! Can't wait to start opening them!

All hung up and ready for the Christmas fun!

Day 1 Amazingly Awesome soap.  I have always wanted my own homemade soap!
Day 2 (it is after midnight) Sour Patch Kids!  I missed them this Halloween and am loving savoring them today.
Day 3  Lego minifig for Goose!  Here is the clown in his personal vehicle

Day 4 "hello sunshine" stamp pictured above.
Day 5  "Rock Star"  stamp which disappeared before I could snap a picture.
Day 6 Maple Almond Butter I tried taking pictures, but after putting it on my muffin, I realized it was the same colors and didn't show up....
Day 7 jar of green buttons.  My son informed me we need to turn them into a wreath right now...So guess what I'm doing Cheesy
Day 8 Swedish Fish- They are currently hidden so the Goose can't eat them before I do.   Love my fish! Grin
Day 9 Ink pad.  So much fun to play with.  Goose is making fingerprint pictures.

Day 10 Plum & Berry Black Tea --I love a good tea break from the world.
Day 11 Candy Apple Tea- I think I could smell this forever.
Day 12 Candy Cane Cookie Cutter.  So cheerful & red we are hanging it on our tree for now.
Day 13 Lego minifig boxer-  Happily running around with Goose.  Will try to chase him down for a pic if I can.
Day 14 Honey Peanut Butter (stuck in my purse so I don't have to share!)
Day 15 Sour Patch Kids - Shared by the whole family, funny faces for awhile
Day 16 "Thanks so much" stamp - A great thing for all the post holiday cards!
Day 17 Spiced Apple Cider Soap - Smells amazing, Spoiling me everyday.  
Day 18 Christmas Confetti Sprinkles- Goose is bouncing in excitement on this one, he has a bit off an obsession with sprinkles.
Day 19 Green Tea with Lemon - Perfect for unwinding after wrapping more gifts.

Days 14-19

Day 20- Jinglebell Snowman ornament, so cute!
Day 21 KitKat & Whoppers Cheesy
Day 22 Whoppers & butterscotch  Cheesy
Day 23 KitKat  Grin I love a bit of candy each day!
Day 24 Goose's Birthday!  DV sent a present for him for today

A shot of everything.  I tried a pic with Goose in it, but he kept talking, making his face look weird.  He is so excited! There was a Lego kit (assembled above)

Legoman crayons

Brick and minifig soaps

Goose loved his gift and is happily talking about how he wants to use them!

Christmas Day!  All for me! Cheesy
Seriously, I opened the gift first thing this morning and have been using it all day.  Much like presents when I was around 6 years old.

First up, a wonderful cozy for my tea/hot chocolate cup currently filled with some of the candy apple tea my awesome partner sent.

I love the bright blue varigated, so cheerful with out being overly so! 

Next is the cable knit ear warmer in greys and autumn/jewel tone crochet gloves!

I have been wanting both for years!  Thank you ever so much DV! Grin Grin

« Last Edit: December 25, 2011 07:50:49 PM by goldfishpollywog » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
thatcraftyrabbit

This bunny is crafty!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011 12:26:51 PM »

Its here!

It's a grab bag style I think

Day 1- hello kitty ruler and sand time thing

Day 2- keychain, says "vegan"
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011 09:55:11 AM by thatcraftyrabbit » THIS ROCKS   Logged
adrienne_bowers
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011 01:00:19 PM »

Yup that's exactly what it is!   They were all so oddly shaped there was no way to make pockets for them all!  
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011 01:04:38 PM by MareMare - Reason: please don't quote images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Strawberry Swiss Roll Recipe
Simple Way To Make Buttered Rum Sauce
Lemon Curd Pie Recipe
Gluten Free Jam Tarts Recipe
Sub Zero, Nitrogen Infused Ice Cream
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...