A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
785 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Fiber Swap (Sign-up: Oct. 1 to 17; Send by: Nov. 21)  (Read 13538 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

.:dollface:.
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2011 09:41:14 PM »

found my fabric and dyed my fleece today!  woot!  Now I just have to sew everything up and I'm hoping to send out Friday *fingers crossed*

Update:  (I didn't want to post again, being the last one to post)  I'm all done my medium (and really proud of it! hope my partner likes it)  and I'm going to be sending tomorrow before I go to work! 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011 04:32:05 PM by .:dollface:. - Reason: Update on progress » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
textilejnkie
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2011 08:40:25 AM »

Today is the day!  I'm finished and mailing at lunchtime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2011 12:02:19 PM »

I hope it's okay, but I have to mail on Friday. Monday I was so busy running around helping other ppl I lost track of time, and apparently me telling my body "Now I can relax a bit" translated to "now I can stay in bed sick for a few days". I'm stuck doing public transportation, walking, or relying on friends to drive me, and none of that is happening until I'm a bit better.

Another note... is anybody experienced with fimo clay? Do big pieces always stay "slightly bendable" when they're done baking, or does that just mean I didn't do it for long enough? Since I couldn't access wood tools, I created something out of fimo clay instead. It still works, but it's a teensy bit "bendy".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
textilejnkie
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2011 08:47:31 AM »

Another note...  fimo clay? Do big pieces always stay "slightly bendable" when they're done baking, or does that just mean I didn't do it for long enough?

How big?  I've had firm pieces up to about 4x3x 1/2 inches, but I've never worked larger than that. 
Feel better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2011 05:21:19 PM »

Everyone should have feedback now! Thanks for a great swap everyone! Also don't forget to post pictures if you haven't already. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2011 09:00:25 PM »

Thank you, DesignVigilante, for such a great swap Smiley

This helped get me geared up for working with fiber. I'm going next weekend for a one-on-one class with a woman that will teach me everything from "fleece to spinning". That, and a fleece, in exchange for a table. I'm so excited! Plus she can probably teach me plying on a drop spindle. Many have "explained" to me, but nobody has ever "shown" me... and in this instance, shown is what I need.

I will post pics tomorrow for EdenKitty since she's not been doing so well. I still can't find my camera cord, but I'm visiting a friend tomorrow with a cord but no camera. Maybe I should just steal the cord lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Tips for Great Gravy
Cornbread Dressing Recipe
Salt and Pepper Turkey Recipe
How to Make a Homemade Pizza
How to Make a Roux
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...