A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Toddler Halloween Dress  (Read 1134 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Azura
« on: July 23, 2011 03:52:31 PM »

To be fair, it's a regular dress with halloween themed fabric. I had wanted to make a dress for my 8 month old goddaughter for a while, and this fabric had just the right amount of cuteness and horror movie monsters. I had some buttons to go with the theme as well, so I got down to it, and here's the result!

Front:

Back:

Also, am I the only one who's confused by baby sizes? I find it very bizarre that everything is sized by age, considering that babies have the randomest sizes and grow each at their own time. So I picked a dress that looked like overalls and sewed the 9 month version, hoping that if it was too big she could wear it with some long sleeves underneath when it gets colder.

I put a velcro closure on it, because my baby handling experiences have shown me that real buttons in baby clothes are a royal pain. I'm not one to pass up the opportunity to use bat shaped buttons, however, so I put them on the back for decoration.

This was my first shot at baby clothing and, although I made a lot of mistakes, I managed to fix most of them. There's a lot of things I wish I had sewn better, but all in all it wasn't the catastrophe it might have been Cheesy C&C welcome!

(I used the Goldie Dress Pattern)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011 03:55:32 PM by Azura » THIS ROCKS   Logged
aisy
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011 04:14:35 PM »

i love it!its great for the holiday but can still be worn throughout the entire month of october for playdays and such
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011 05:06:55 PM »

that is insanely cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amber.hope
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011 05:59:28 PM »

OMG!! What an awesome dress, Halloween is my fave holiday my girls and I dress halloween themed all month long! BTW where did you get that material? I am absolutly in love with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Azura
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011 03:33:50 AM »

OMG!! What an awesome dress, Halloween is my fave holiday my girls and I dress halloween themed all month long! BTW where did you get that material? I am absolutly in love with it!

Halloween rocks! I got the fabric from this etsy store Smiley

And thanks for the nice comments  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JamieS
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011 03:41:53 PM »

That is adorable!  God job on getting things done ahead of time.  I still have my Halloween fabric from last year that I never used!  I should get on that...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Jamie
You can find lots more tutorials, sewing projects and recipes on my blog,  Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
http://www.scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com/
deeredone2
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011 06:52:39 PM »

It's cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Azura
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011 06:15:20 AM »

That is adorable!  God job on getting things done ahead of time.  I still have my Halloween fabric from last year that I never used!  I should get on that...

Thanks! I'm so glad I got it done back in summer, 'cause now I'm flooded with college work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pen and Ink Tutorial: Drawing from Observation
How to Stipple
How to Paint Outdoors
Field Sketching Essentials
How to Use Gouache in your Art
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...