A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,476
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do you organize paper stuffs?  (Read 749 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 24, 2011 03:37:21 PM »

Once again I'm not sure if I have the correct forum (I have a knack for putting things in the wrong space).  I'm moving soon into a much large space, so I can set things up in my craft area as separate stations.  I know what I'm doing for most of my crafty bits, but the paper.  I can't seem to come up with ideas for how to organize paper bits well.  I don't like laying it on shelves, because I all ways end up needing the piece in the middle and then it is all messed up again, so I have the small 8.5X11 stuff in magazine folders, but I don't know what to do with bigger and smaller sizes.  Does any one have any clever tips, favo tools for organizing paper ephemera? Any info is much appreciated Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011 04:20:45 AM »

At the moment mine are in various baskets (for big papers) and small drawers for smaller bits, organised by type. It's not ideal and needs a lot of rooting to find things.

I'm interested to know if anyone has some good ideas, I could use some better organising!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

violetbellerophon
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012 08:43:45 AM »

For the smaller bits I use a zippered binder full of baseball card/trading card holders I found for cheap and sort them by type.  You can flip through and see your stash at a glance and it is so very portable, for all that crafting on the go! Good Luck and congrats on the new larger craft space!  Color me green with envy! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

saving my world one project at a time

http://pinterest.com/lolita226/
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012 09:14:06 AM »

For the smaller bits I use a zippered binder full of baseball card/trading card holders I found for cheap and sort them by type.  You can flip through and see your stash at a glance and it is so very portable, for all that crafting on the go! Good Luck and congrats on the new larger craft space!  Color me green with envy! Grin

Phizzychick, I imagine it would be pretty to have baskets of paper hanging about.  I like to be able to see my crafting materials.  That is the hard part about orging paper I have decided.  Normally stacking craft supplies makes them easier to see.  But with paper it just hides it.  I am entertaining the idea of making a swatch ring or some such, since I have to go through sorting after a move.  But when I really think about how time consuming that would be mixed with I'm not that organized to start with, so maintenance would be not fun for me.  I might be able to manage ripping off a corner and throwing it in a bowl or box.  But then there is the issue of then not having a full piece of paper.

OOO! Nice tip.  Thanks violetbellerophon Grin

I bought a melamine cupboard and it is full of shelves.  I think they are about 3 inches apart.  We found it a ReStore on sale for 15$.  I also saved all the Brandy Bean chocolate boxes from Xmas.  They are squarish and about an inch high.  I think they will be good for odd bits of paper.  I need to get better about labeling things too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How a Viewer is Affected by your Image
How to Create a Complimentary Background for a Portrait
How to use Props in Your Images Part 1/2
How to use Props in Your Images Part 2/2
How your Framing Device Affects your Image Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...