A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pen Pal Swap Round 3 Gallery!!  (Read 7167 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

indigo_roses
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011 05:09:42 PM »

Alex, if you can do dc, fpdc, and bpdc then you can make the hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
mink_bikini

A very proud Craftster best of 2012 awardee

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011 08:29:06 PM »

Ooh I'm scared of fpdc  Shocked keep meaning to try it, I'm sure it's not as scary as I make it out to be  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011 11:02:33 AM »

Ooh I'm scared of fpdc  Shocked keep meaning to try it, I'm sure it's not as scary as I make it out to be  Wink

It isn't scary! There's a bunch of tutes out there. I wish I could pull you through the internet and show you, b/c then you wouldn't be scared anymore. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
mink_bikini

A very proud Craftster best of 2012 awardee

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011 03:51:21 PM »

Indigo Roses, how much fun would that be!  Grin

I just need to have a bash at it, I only started crochet when I was overdue with my 2 1/2 yr old and it's not my main craft so I go through phases of being obsessed with Crochet, or cross stitch, or papercrafts it's back to sewing at the mo. I think I may have a try at the pattern though as my Winter hat, with long cold Canadian winters you get a lot of time to 'nest'!! Thanks for the inspirational kick up the butt  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011 03:58:49 PM »

It's not hard at all! I got a magic yarn ball from a craftster when I was a total crochet newb and she included a pattern for a basket that used fpdc and bpdc. Not hard at all. You make a dc but instead of crocheting into the stitch below you crochet around it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011 04:02:37 AM »

I came back from Gatlinburg on Monday and had another surprise waiting for me when I walked in. Grin

Max from Where The Wild Things Are. You really just cannot beat this.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley I got Scar from the Disney store on my trip, there isn't one where I live ):< Alex also picked up on that I would be into Spongebob, and indeed I am Wink and included Krabby Patties...>_> Max ate them, and some Spongebob stickers.

Thank you so much!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011 04:04:28 AM by MadHatteh » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fifilaru
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011 12:29:30 PM »

I got my package from Rosie1981. She was worried it would be late, but it came so fast! We sent our letters from garden gnomes, so it was a gnome themed swap.

Here is the cute mushroom pouch Rosie crocheted. I love it. The top opens up!

These are awesome bottle cap magnets! I love them and I wanted some! Now that I see them in person, I am going to make some!

Here is everything together. I already ate some of the candy. Grin The lollypops are my favorites!

Thanks Rosie1981! Hope you get my package soon and like it! Thanks AmazingAlex, this was a fun swap  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
fifilaru
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011 12:33:16 PM »

PSSS, Rosie also sent me my letter in a little tiny bottle, it is so cute. And I got a couple of great gnome stamps she carved from erasers. The are wonderful. They are at work and I am home sick, so when I get back to work I will take some pictures and post them. I was really ticked by the little letter in a bottle she sent me. And I am using the stamps at work  Roll Eyes as my "personal" signature.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchen
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011 01:43:22 PM »

I love the shroom! And what a fun idea with a letter in a bottle =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmazingAlex
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011 05:49:52 PM »

Its time for me to upload my pictures of the awesome package I received from MadHatteh! I don't have a picture of the package unopened because well, I was so excited to get it I tore right into it. Smiley So on to my shoes! Prepare to be jealous fellow HP nerds. Cheesy
  the tops of them- the writing on one says "He turned back to Snape his eyes full of tears. After all the time? The other shoe with the beautiful deer says "Always said Snape."

side view it reads "For him," shouted Snape Expecto Pretronum! From the tip of his wand burst  the silver doe.

other side  "You've been raising him all this time, like a pig for slaughter-" and "But this is touching Severus, said Dumbledore. "Have you grown to care for the boy after all?"
the backs
  my extras! I got a bracelet, a precious octupus keychain, a mermaid silly band, some funnies printed on photo paper, a HP 5 print studio I've been playing with, some Pokemon cards! and some my little pet shop stickers

Thanks SO much Morgan! I love them so much! I've been wearing them for the past couple days and gotten so many compliments on them. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011 05:52:10 PM by AmazingAlex » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an uber nerd that loves Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, Supernatural, and Marvelverse (to name a few.)
Harry Potter Favorites Swap Is Live
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434138

I'm interested in personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Scrolling and Panning
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Zoom an Image
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Organize Palettes and Saving Workspaces
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Customize Keyboard Shortcuts
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Choose Creative Suite Color Settings
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...