A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,062
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Virgin Mary  (Read 3385 times)
Tags for this thread: virgin_mary  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

La Shika
« on: October 21, 2011 08:34:57 AM »

I made this Virgin Mary for my sister in law to give to my mother in law as a birthday gift, last september.

It is made of worsted weight yarn and measures about 15cms tall

thanks for looking!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011 08:50:34 AM »

Very cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
jo_mama
call me jo.

no stone throwing regardless of housing situation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011 09:38:00 AM »

oh, i really really love it.  just added to my pins!  she would be great in the style of our lady of guadalupe!

jo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my pins pinterest.com/josasser
and my websites josasser.com and splendidhandmade.com
La Shika
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011 11:31:49 PM »

Very cute.

thank you!

oh, i really really love it.  just added to my pins!  she would be great in the style of our lady of guadalupe!

jo

in fact, it was meant to be in the style of our lady of guadalupe! but several people have made the same comment, I wonder if it is the colors?  Huh Huh Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jo_mama
call me jo.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011 05:06:12 AM »

Very cute.

thank you!

jo

in fact, it was meant to be in the style of our lady of guadalupe! but several people have made the same comment, I wonder if it is the colors?  Huh Huh Huh

it is the colors. our lady of guadalupe has the standard colors of a blue robe with a red dress, and the robe has gold stars all over it.  she's just the most recognizable image of mary.  our lady of lourdes shows her in all white with a light blue sash around her middle.  those are the only 2 (i think) versions where we see her hands in a praying pose.

still in love with your mary.

jo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDork
Never frown ,because you never know who's falling in love with your smile

Dork.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011 09:45:02 AM »

this is so cute ! I would love to see our lady of guadalupe in amigurumi form hahah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

La Shika
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011 03:31:44 PM »

Very cute.

thank you!

jo

it is the colors. our lady of guadalupe has the standard colors of a blue robe with a red dress, and the robe has gold stars all over it.  she's just the most recognizable image of mary.  our lady of lourdes shows her in all white with a light blue sash around her middle.  those are the only 2 (i think) versions where we see her hands in a praying pose.

jo

Thank you! I'm about to start the bodies of a 20+ virgins custom order and didn't know how to decide on the colors, since they asked me to make them like our virgin of guadalupe! I was planning on making the dress hot pink + a thread that sparkles (both strands together), or do you think that it has to be red?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

La Shika
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011 03:33:19 PM »

this is so cute ! I would love to see our lady of guadalupe in amigurumi form hahah.

Thank you! I'm actually making 20+ right now and they asked specifically for them to be like our lady of guadalupe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jo_mama
call me jo.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011 03:48:57 PM »

Very cute.

thank you!

jo

jo

Thank you! I'm about to start the bodies of a 20+ virgins custom order and didn't know how to decide on the colors, since they asked me to make them like our virgin of guadalupe! I was planning on making the dress hot pink + a thread that sparkles (both strands together), or do you think that it has to be red?

you could do pink.  i think anything in the redish orange to red to darker pink area would work.  i don't know if you need the sparkles with the pink, but you would probably want it with the blue.  the blue robe is probably the most identifiable part of the lady of guadalupe - it should be a bright/royal blue with gold/orange stars.

i'd love to see them when you're done.  if you're ever interested in a private swap for one of them just let me know!

jo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

La Shika
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011 08:37:18 PM »

Thanks Jo_mama!!! I'll make sure to show them when I'm finished!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Oscar from Fish Hooks
How to Draw Peter Griffin from Family Guy
How to Draw the Incredible Hulk
How to Draw Tweety Bird
How to Draw Winnie the Pooh
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...