**I found the original recipe online sometime last year, but I can't find the source to credit. I've tweaked it a bit to suit my muffin-needs (such dirty minds!)**
Want a delicious banana muffin without any added oil or sugar? Yeah, I thought so. Lucky for you, I have a fabulous recipe to share. These muffins are seriously yummy and easy to make (only one bowl needed).
Ingredients: (Makes 10-12)
* 3 large bananas (or 4 small ones), the riper and mushier the better
* 7 dates, chopped
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (or coconut oil, canola oil, or butter, but applesauce works wonderfully and amps up the health quotient of these puppies)
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 1/2 cup flour (all spelt, or a mix of spelt and kamut; I am sure all-purpose and whole wheat flours would also work)
* 1/2 a bar of unsweetened baker's chocolate, chopped (weird typo: I just wrote "child" there...please do not use 1/2 a baker's child in this recipe)
* 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
* 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and place liners in a muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas, add the eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat it a little.
3. Add in the applesauce and mix.
4. Top with the dry ingredients and mix together.
5. Fold in the dates, chocolate, walnuts, and chia seeds.
6. Pour the batter into the muffin tin.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Allow to cool and eat!
**These can be individually wrapped and frozen.