A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,075
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pretty Preppy Zippered Pouches  (Read 1269 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alice.in.Bows
« on: October 20, 2011 09:13:19 AM »

My love for zippered pouches knows no bounds. My roommates may or may not be calling the appropriate authorities to deal with this problem. Stay tuned.

In other news, these somehow, um, popped up in my room recently. Weird. My boyfriend lives 5 hours away and I've been complaining about needing bags for makeup and stuff on these visits, so it's actually great timing for them.

The little one was made using queenofdiy's cosmetic bag tutorial. It looks a lot better in person and also when it's not laying flat on my bed and shot from straight on (it's rainy today, bad lighting, blah blah blah).  The second was made using a Flossie Teacakes tutorial.

This is what I meant by bad lighting. Boo. Still obsessed with the fabric, though.

Top of the smaller queenofdiy bag. Pretty overexposed lining, right?

There we go, that picture is looking better! This is the larger Flossie Teacakes bag.

By far the best part of these is their nesting ability. I think a series of nesting pouches is in my future. Would 10 be excessive?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suddenlysandra
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011 11:48:06 AM »

IMHO, when you can no longer nest them, the NEXT bag is the only one that's excessive Cheesy

Your zippies are lovely, and the pink lining adds a fun punch!  I'm on a zipper bag kick myself, making Christmas and birthday zipper bag sets (a boxy bag and tall pouch or other smaller zipper bag) - I'm about to order 100 zippers from Etsy because 100 zippers isn't excessive - it's very cost effective! Wink  Hopefully the zipper authorities aren't reading and plotting an intervention for either of us, lol. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

erdbeerblau
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011 02:20:12 PM »

IMHO, when you can no longer nest them, the NEXT bag is the only one that's excessive Cheesy

I second that.
Also I think that one can't ever have enough metal tins or cardboard boxes.  Grin

love the idea of nesting pouches! The fabric you used is fun and the lining is such a great effect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suddenlysandra
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011 04:56:30 PM »

The nesting "bar" current sits at around 20 - someone nested 20 "rolynester" bags @ http://www.studiokatdesigns.com/freepatterns.htm - I'd say the zipper authorities would be more interested in her than in you, lol!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sassygirl1972
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011 12:46:22 PM »

you had me at preppy!! so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raewolo
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011 11:04:13 AM »

no....10 is not excessive...not at all...i'm plotting to make like 50 now :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare a Sushi Plate
How to Make Sushi Rice
Making Sushi
How to Make Homemade Gourmet Chocolate Bars
How to Make Bloody Marshmallows for Halloween
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...