A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ribbon belt - Tutorial  (Read 52488 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

melanin_monroe
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2004 08:02:28 PM »

thanks for the post! i was just at nordstrom's an hour ago, and i couldn't bring myself to spend 12 bucks on a ribbon belt.

but my wide leg white pants are waiting for one!

if i make one, i will post up the pic. i am hoping to find a rasta colored ribbon..

THIS ROCKS   Logged
geekburger

I'm a Beastie!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2004 05:04:55 PM »

never thought about making drings. sounds good. i need to work on living up to my crafty potential.................

ooh ooh!! you could do that with wire and bead it so you woulddn't have plain drings !! yay!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alixianervosa

That's what she said

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2004 08:41:10 AM »

I was in this adorable little boutique and I walk up to one of the tables because I am attracted to all of the bright colors on it.  What were they you ask...ribbon belts.  But not like you think.  They were pieces of ribbon about 1.5" wide cut on an agle at each end and it looked like they had a thin bead of glue to prevent fraying.  They were like 40 some inches long.  How much were they charging for these beauties?  Yeah, that's right $25.  I was trying to figure out how ribbon that cost at most $1.50/yard could pass as a $25 belt.  I was so pissed.  I needed to share with someone and this seemed like a good place.  ::deep breath::  all better.

Those ribbon belts are really cute, I think I'll make them for all of my friends. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If God wanted us to walk, he wouldn't have invented roller skates." -Willy Wonka
halfjapanezegrl
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2004 05:14:37 PM »

createforless.com sells pretty cheap D-rings; but I've only seen the 1" ones.

http://www.createforless.com/search/searchResults.asp?SearchAction=Restart&SearchHistory=8%2C987%7C9%2C7558&pType=craft+supplies

Those make your own D-rings are fabulous! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIY of all kinds.

My blog: http://www.atxdiy.com
DivaLea

Turn inside out before laundering!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2004 09:19:23 PM »

very cool  Smiley... how did you girls determine the length of the ribbon?

Look in a mirror. There is a place below your boobs and above your hips. It's called a waist.

Once you spot it, wrestle it down with the pants or skirt you want the belt for by putting the pants on, and yes, fastening them. Run a cloth measuring tape (or a non-stretchy string) through your belt loops. Mark the spot on the tape (or string) where the tape (or string) overlaps itself. If you're using a measuring tape, take note of the length. If you're using a string, measure it to the mark (not forgetting WHICH end you started measuring from)! This measurement might make you promise to double sit-ups. That's okay.

Then, add inches as above: +2 to go through the D-ring (and make you swear to go walking), and add 4" more (which will make you swear off ice cream for five years) for a "tail".

It IS important to measure THROUGH your belt loops on your fave pants or skirt, or the ones the belt is for. Your pants add padding to your waist, see.
But don't go swearing off pants and skirts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lea
nolliegirl
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2004 07:20:56 PM »

thats a cool belt.   Grin

i found one of those that i liked in a store.  can you believe it was 50 bucks? why buy is when you can make it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
lindabelle
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2004 08:50:21 PM »

Our Super Walmart has the "D" rings - on the one of the round display racks with the buttons.

I make these belts, too. Saw them on some Capris at Walmart last summer.  I  started with a remnant of a braided  type trim that was navy with white stitches along the edges, to wear with white capris and navy tank top style top.    On the end that sticks out  I double the ribbon back under(& stitch)  so that  on printed ribbon it shows  same as belt.

I also made some of the scarf belts that the teen-agers like.  Went to a garage sale and they had piles of fabric  - all you could get in a plastic grocery bag   $ 1.  Bought all the silky like fabrics.  Had trouble with the edges so sewed on wrong side and then turned right side out and used zig-zag stitch near edge. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emmasmommy
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2005 02:59:39 PM »

where do I find instructions on how to make a D-Ring belt? thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TalkAboutLush
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2005 06:47:08 PM »

I know this is old but just in case anyone checks it...

www.jcaroline.com has D rings and belt hardware as well as really cute ribbon - all for cheap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Francis Bacon Painting Sells for Record $142 Million
Tintin Under the Hammer and More Art Stories
Vogue Weddings - Artist Happy Menocal
Artist Uses Mouth to Paint
Art of VIBE: How & Nosm Go From Tagging Trains to 4-Story Buildings
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...