A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,946
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MYB Round 15 Gallery  (Read 8603 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Oyhana
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011 05:00:20 PM »

Awesome package!  I really like the colour of the Patons yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest     

Personal swap friendly!  Especially ATCs!
lafemmedramatique
Lafemmedramatique

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011 05:11:11 PM »

Me too! The mustard yellow color is one of my favorites Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MizzKodak
THE BIGGER THE BETTER

ALWAYS

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011 05:00:34 PM »

Me too! The mustard yellow color is one of my favorites Smiley

I am so happy with the way everything came out, you did a great job of displaying everything so that they look much prettier.
I really hope you liked everything and I hope we get to swap again soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking For Mystery Science Theater 3000 Stuff Let's Swap!

Like Severus I Do It All For Love

Check Out My Etsy Shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MizzKodaksTrunk?ref=pr_shop_more
Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011 08:45:13 AM »

Lovely way to start the gallery Smiley I LOVE those hand carved stamps
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011 09:51:41 AM »

OK I finished crocheting out my MYB! I say, there was more yarn left over than I thought there would be. Turns out the stuff in the middle was more wound than the stuff on the outside. No wonder she couldn't fit more in there!

I opened it Monday to this:

Then I worked my ass off all day and didn't get to do anything. So Tuesday, after I finally finished Han Solos costume (it was good enough for ToTing but not for my OCD mind) I started working on crocheting it out. I love that! It's funny when you're sitting there in the groove of crocheting away and suddenly you look down and Oh! What is this that fell off the ball?! Nice! Anyway, here's the look. Like I said, not all of it was in the ball but all of it is in the pictures, lots of pictures! I hate it when people just take group shots of everything and you have to sit and stare at it for 10 minutes to be able to pick out what was actually in there. It all looks like a tangled mess that way!

Candy

Extra yarns! All handspun? I love the red with the beads in it. Ooh, it's nice. I remember when she posted this on FF a few weeks ago, I think. Love it!

Handmade things! 3 KNIT toys, a handspun-wrapped bangle, and KNIT wrist warmers. I love knit things!

Supplies!
Fabrics, zipper, bias tape, embroidery thread, Sublime pattern, pattern transfer pens, beaded string, and some hand-dyed silk hankies. Ooh, those silk hankies intimidate me.

Buttons buttons buttons! Stitch markers, roses (art yarn add ins?) and some little rubber circles. I wonder what those are for. More art yarn add ins?  I love the buttons! The leaf one is my favorite. I have a jar of buttons me and the kids like to play with and I think the leaf one will be a big hit the next time I make play dough.

Last but certainly not least (maybe most?!) The scarf I crocheted while dropping all these goodies. Not blocked because I don't really know how to do that and I don't think it would matter too much in my house anyway, but you can still the pattern, right? And to think, the whole time I was making it I kept thinking there wouldn't be enough yarn in the ball to finish it. I was so wrong. Look at the big ball of what was left over! I could have done another 4-row repeat on each side! Funny: our resident Queen of the Undead uses the same yarn/fiber supplier I have been for the past couple years. The name of this color way was "peacock" which I also happen to have bought in a different yarn from her and made some Mary Jane Slippers. So now I have a scarf to match my slippers! Isn't that totally sweet?! I love it. It has always been one of my favorite colorways from Kate McMullin.

Wow. It needs to be March already so I can quit being so wordy. Sorry you guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011 10:04:10 AM »

Yay!!!! So glad you liked everything Smiley Yup, all the yarn is handspun. The roses and the rubber o-rings are for art yarn add-ins. That is so funny that you have slippers in the "Peacock" colorway!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MizzKodak
THE BIGGER THE BETTER

ALWAYS

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011 10:35:55 AM »

Yay!!!! So glad you liked everything Smiley Yup, all the yarn is handspun. The roses and the rubber o-rings are for art yarn add-ins. That is so funny that you have slippers in the "Peacock" colorway!

DANG WOMAN! THAT IS A SERIOUSLY AWESOME BOX! You are such a caring partner xoxox
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check Out My Etsy Shop!
MizzKodak
THE BIGGER THE BETTER

ALWAYS

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011 10:43:20 AM »

Here is the awesomely rad box I got from my partner, she really "got me" when it came to details and colors, If she were here right now Id shower her with hugs and kisses cos I am totally in love with everything. Warning It is Pic and Word chubby

Here are the yarns and the pattern. I love Lion Brand, I owe them a lot, I have learned so much crochet and knitting thanks to them.

The Super Awesome MYB and its contents

And the last thing in the ball was a surprise, I screamed so freaking loud when I saw it, I even teared up.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, YOU ROCK HARD![/b]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check Out My Etsy Shop!
lafemmedramatique
Lafemmedramatique

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011 01:17:22 PM »

Yay! I'm so glad that you liked everything you got! I had so much fun making everything!

And I'm glad you liked your cards! I saw that you had added the ones on Etsy to your favorite list, and I've always thought they were cute, so I figured I would make a similar set for you. I'm so happy you like how they turned out Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

adrienne_bowers
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011 08:11:52 AM »

I can't wait to see all the other yarn balls that people get!  I can't wait to send adrienne_bowers her MYB! (and can't wait to recieve mine either ;P)
I love surprise swaps like these!  They're so much fun!!!

Oh sweetie, I am done your stuff and let me tell ya, I am almost as excited for you to receive as you are!!!  I went a little above and beyond because a lot of the things you like I can do or buy  LOL.   Will ship on Thursday afternoon!!!  Can't wait to get mine either! So fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Easiest Way to Burn 600 Calories
Wine Lip Stain and Feathered Eyebrows at Tadashi Shoji FW 2014
How to Do Natural Date Night Makeup
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
The 5 Best Eyeshadows for Brown Eyes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...