A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 309,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Holiday List Swap Round 3 - Closed  (Read 12031 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: October 16, 2011 04:47:47 PM »

Round 3 Discussion and Gallery

Swap Info
Swap name: Ongoing Holiday Gift List Round 3
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: kaz814
Sign-up date range:  Oct. 20 - Nov. 21
Date to send item by: 2 weeks from claim
Limited to a certain number of people?: No
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes
You must be over 18 years of age.  

Organizer Notes
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide - yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant - yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now - yes
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants - yes
- Is at least 18 years old - yes

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

- Has been a member for at least one month
- Has posted at least 15 times
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
- Does not have any negative feedback
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Welcome to the Ongoing Holiday Gift List Swap! Round 3

This is the place to help your fellow Craftster narrow down their holiday gift lists.  This swap welcomes every winter holiday including Christmas, Hanukah/Chanukah, Kwanza, Winter Solstice, etc.  If you want a handmade holiday for your friends and family, this is the place to get help on your list.  From grandma to your own kids, your lists can include almost anyone in your life that you might need a little help crafting for.   Please read through this initial post carefully before joining and PM me with any questions.

How it works:

This swap will work in an ongoing format.  The first person in the swap will post a list of handmade items that they would like.  The participants then look through the list and if they can fulfill that particular wish, they claim that person for that item and post their own list for the next person to claim them.  This works like a chain.  Person A is claimed by Person B, Person B is claimed by Person C, etc.  You must claim to be claimed and only one person can claim another at a time.  Each participant gets two claims at a time.  Once one of your claims is received and the organizer is notified, you may claim again.  This may change as the swap goes on.  

What is on the list:

Each participant can post as many size medium requests as they would like in their list.  Please try to post a minimum of 10 items you would like so there is a variety and a better chance of not stalling the swap.  You may post larges or smalls as well, but please realize that to fulfill the swap requirements, you are only required to claim and send a medium.  Extras are always good.  This swap will be for handmade items only.  Organizing your list by crafting medium is a good idea to help other participants find something on your list that they are good at, but is not required.  Please note that because these are holiday wishes we are filling that items should be your absolute best quality.  

How to make your list:

Please format your list to have an introduction that lets us know a little more about you such as your name, your general location.  Please format your wishes so that each participant has a clear idea as to what you are looking for.  Posting links is highly advisable.  It is also a great idea to provide participants with as much relevant information on the gift recipient as possible.  Here is my suggested way for formatting each wish:

<item> <recipient> <preferences> <link>
<allergies>

Example:  
Doll dress for my daughter.  She prefers pink floral fabric with a velcro or button closure.  Here is one she likes http://URL GOES HERE
Allergies:  Smoke

Including allergies right underneath of each wish keeps the allergies in focus.  This is such an important part to consider when claiming someone.  If you format your wishes like this, they will be clear and you are more likely to be claimed quickly.

Making a claim:

Once you make a claim, you must PM the participant that you are claiming for their address and to discuss the item you have claimed to make for them.  Once you make a claim, you are committed to making that item.  Remember, you only have two weeks to complete the item and ship it.  If you choose to send extras, they do not contribute to the size of the claim.  A medium is technically either between 2-3 hours in time, or $20-$30 in supplies/value.  To claim the person who is currently available, respond to their post with I claim <username> for <item claimed for>.  For example, if I were to claim myself to make socks, I would write, I claim kaz814 for a hoopla.  Within that same response, you then post your own list so someone can claim you.  

You are allowed to make and have up to THREE outstanding claims.  Should you become a late sender, this can and will change on a case by case basis as determined by the organizers.

Send Outs:

Just like other ongoing swaps, you will have two weeks from the date of your claim to send out your item.  There are no exceptions.  DC#s will be absolutely required.  If you do not provide a DC#, it will be noted in your feedback.  If you do not provide a DC# and your package gets lost, you will be required to resend.  You must PM the organizers with the DC#/customs# when you send!

Qualifications to Join:

Anyone is free to join under standard Craftster Swap Guidelines.  Due to the time constraints on claims, I reserve the right to deny any Craftster that has a history of lateness.

Receiving packages:

Please PM me as soon as you receive each package.  This is so I can keep track of claims.  Pictures in the gallery are also appreciated.  Some of your fulfilled wishes might inspire other wishes for other participants.

Other important info:

You do not have to message me when you claim a person.  You only have to message them for their address.  Please PM me however when you send your questionnaire, when you send your claim, and when you receive a claim.  Please PM me with any questions you have.

Please do not claim a person until you have been approved for this swap and it is listed in your profile!  Please do not claim a person once one of your claims have been received until the person receiving from you verifies your package arrived and is exactly what you claimed them for.

Sometimes a person will stall the swap.  When your list has been up for more than 18-24 hours without someone claiming you, please try to add more items to your list so you have a better chance of being claimed.  Remember that it is possible that not all of your items will be claimed.  

There will be a discussion/gallery thread in the Gallery area.  This is an area to give us updates and discuss this swap.  

At the end of the month, whoever is the last on the list will be first on the list for the following month.  You will have to sign up for each additional round that you choose to participate in.  You must be current in the previous round to be accepted to the new round.

This swap is open to international swappers as well as new swappers.

I reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who is late in previous rounds of this swap.  This is a holiday swap and should be fun!

If you want to participate, here is the information to send to the organizer.  Please have the title of your PM be the name of the swap.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Holiday Gift List Round 3
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Your mailing address:
Have you read the Swap Guidelines and understand how this swap works?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
Are you willing to ship outside of your country?

IMPORTANT: Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6553.0

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Come chat with us during the swap and let us know how you're progressing on all of your projects.  You can find our discussion thread here:  
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011 03:14:55 PM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011 04:51:36 PM »

Swap Participants
FEEDBACK GIVEN!

TroubleT

klg_jlg
psyche
texscrapper
plaidpineapple
leighi123
sweetyetevil
tapestrymlp
Hika-chan
myloveasdeep
jo_mama
lindyv321
mom24boyz
Miss Barbara
cassiem

Claims List
Sent
Received
Late w/ communication
Contact organizer asap!

Oct 31
texscrapper to sweetyetevil for ornaments

Nov 2
klg_jlg to texscrapper for coloring book/crayon holder
leighi123 to klg_jlg for a dress for her daughter

Nov 4

myloveasdeep to leighi123 for stocking stuffers and a mohawk hat
sweetyetevil to myloveasdeep for a necklace and earrings for her sister
myloveasdeep to sweetetevil for dog treats

Nov 5

tapestrymlp to myloveasdeep for a book necklace & 10 Christmas cards

Nov 7
plaidpineapple to tapestrymlp for items for her daughters American Girl
sweetyetevil to plaidpineapple for a tree hoop with initials

Nov 9
Lindv321 to sweetyetevil for ornaments
klg_jlg to lindyv321 for a laptop case
texscrapper to klg_jlg for vinyl quotes

Nov 10
tapestrymlp to texscrapper for a set of etched glasses

Nov 13
TroubleT to tapestrymlp for a super hero t-shirt and an elf hat

Nov 14
Lindyv321 to TroubleT for earrings

Nov 15
jo_mama to lindyv321 for hair clips and headbands
mom24boyz to jo_mama for a white crochet bolero and some apple cozies
sweetyetevil to mama24boyz for some bibs for Daysie-Lynn and some ornaments
jo_mama to sweetyetevil for some wall art for her pal

Nov 16
leighi123 to jo_mama for animal masks/fox something
klg_jlg to leighi123 for a purple fitted crib sheet and at least 1 zippered pouch

Nov 20
Miss Barbara to klg_jlg for crocheted cotton potholders and crochet topped dishtowels
plaidpineapple to Miss Barbara  for -General 'happy holidays'/winter themed cards, gift tags, a decorated headband
mom24boyz to plaidpineapple for a sackboy ami and a newsboy hat

Nov 21
tapestrymlp to mama24boyz for a stocking for Daysie-Lynn
klg_jlg to tapestrymlp for a Harry Potter Hoop
Lindyv321 to klg_jlg for a Ribbon Christmas Tree shirt
klg_jlg to lindyv321 for a makeup brush holder

Nov 22
cassiem to klg_jlg for an all-season wreath
TroubleT to cassiem for gifts for Katie and Robert
leighi123 to TroubleT for a princess crown/shirt

Nov 23
cassiem to leighi123 for a special, girly leash for her giant furbaby

Nov 24
Miss Barbara to cassiem for crocheted cotton potholders
tapestrymlp to Miss Barbara for some magazine bows & gift tags

Nov 25
Hika_chan to tapestrymlp for some Harry Potter goodness
texscrapper to Hika-chan for pillowcases for her 3 children
jo_mama to texscrapper for some tic tac toe games
klg_jlg to jo_mama for a cover for her sketchbook

Nov 29
TroubleT to klg_jlg for a mug rug and a cup cozy
cassiem to TroubleT for a hoopla for her daughter

Dec 2
Miss Barbara to cassiem for a case for her i-phone
tapestrymlp to Miss Barbara for a set of 15 Christmas cards

Dec 3
Miss Barbara to tapestrymlp for a fleece throw
psyche to Miss_Barbara for a Domo Ipad Cover
TroubleT to psyche for a headwarmer and some lotion
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011 03:21:57 PM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011 04:53:28 PM »

Starting this round is the Lovely sweetyetevil!

I am claiming psyche for a sparky bracelet for her Mom and some ornaments!

4 claimed,1 received,1 sent
I am Beth, I live in Michigan with my greyhound Hallo and boyfriend Sam.

Any craft medium
Ornaments- any medium, colorful, sparkly, whatever!  These do not have to be holiday themed like snow or santa etc
Something jagermeister or bud lite related for boyfriend
Coasters
trivets
plant/garden decorations
candles
eye/sunglass holder
phone covers/cases
*new item*decorated picture frames-little boy themed
*new item* wall art with flowers or birds in brown & blue tones or yellow tones for my pal.
*new item* name bracelets or necklaces for my nieces with their kids names (one has Caleb and the other Eli)
*new item*needle book thanks Psyche!
*new item* small rag rugs for in front of sinks- any colors
*new item*etched glasses
Cloth/sewing/crochet/knitting/embroidery
*new item*place mat sets
swifter cover
pot holders thanks psyche!
new item**crayon roll for a boy Thanks maremare!
coin purse
Mug rugs or cozies Thanks leighi123!
Paperback book covers
Kitchen or decorative towels and wash cloths-does not have to be winter themed so they can use them year round.
Wall art or decoration army related. We lost my nephew so if it could be personalized that would be so great. I would like something for my parents and my sister. Thanks xladyluckx for the towels
Make up bags-fun prints/styles for sisters and nieces (both in their 20s) Thanks MareMare, nieces are covered!
Scented sachets for hanging or drawers-fruity or clean scents
Pillow cases- tool theme(not for a child), fun print in birds/owls, any batik or unisex print for either male or female
Embroidery-Okay one more for me. Something similar this with Beth + Sam on it. thanks troublet!!

Food goodies
Canned jams, spreads, pickles etc
Coffee beans whole or ground-I have never tried roasting my own but I am sure my parents would love some home roasted beans!
Dog treats-Almost everyone in my family has a dog and my pals do too
Bath & body
Soaps-fruity, treat scents, nothing spicy or overpowering like patchouli
Massage bars
Sugar scrubs  Thanks troublet
Anything from my pinterest
http://pinterest.com/sweetyetevil/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
texscrapper
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011 02:40:52 PM »

I claim sweetyetevil for some sparkly ornaments!

HI! I'm Summer from Texas. I am mom to 3 amazing boys 11, 6, & 6. We live on a ranch outside of Houston that has been in my DH's family for over 150 years. We raise and breed cattle and my sons show cattle all over the state of Texas.

Like most moms today I try to do everything! I work at a local church as the Director of Children's ministry, sit on the twins elementary school PTO, volunteer in scouts, and run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I enjoy scrapbooking, sewing, jewlery making, and various other hobbies. Hobby Lobby is my favorite store - I have memorized the layout, and frequent it often.  I am a die hard LSU fan - we bleed purple & gold in our home, and when we are home on a Saturday in the fall,you can be gaurenteed that college football will be on the TV!

I thought that I would put my crafting to work this year and try to do a handmade Christmas. Thankfully, I found this swap! I look forward to participating and trading amazing items with yuou guys!

So here's my list!

My very patient DH Matt:
Crown Royal oven mitt or hot pad for grilling - or anything that ismade from upcycled CR bags
Handpainted glass tumblers with "S" or our last nameon them; or "LSU"
Gloves for the winter
365 day flip calander (like those desk size ones) with funny sayings or jokes on the pages
Wall art of our ranch brand - I would love one made from rope or barbed wire

My oldest son, Tate - He is 11 and loves to draw. He also shows cattle and is VERY active in Scouts
He discovered leatherworking at Scout Camp this summer, so "Santa" will be bringing him some tools.I'd love to give him a decorated box or case to store it in.
He really likes jewlery - cord necklaces with cool pendants, hemp jewlery, leather bracelets,corded bracelets
A cool sketchbook for him to cart around
A really cool LSU Pillow or pillowcase

Twin A - Tucker, 6 - Tuck loves everything outside! He likes to ply wth trucks and hot wheels, draw, build, and create
Kids chef hat Thanks Leigh123!
fun shaped crayons
wooden painted or decorated blocks
A cool car mat
A really cool LSU pillow or pillowcase
All in one Crayon & cloring book bag
A treasure chest

Twin B -Turner, 6 - Turner loves quiet activities -reading, drawing, watching TV
Kids chef hat Thanks Leigh123!
fun shaped crayons
A really cool LSU pillow or pillowcase
All in one crayon and coloring book bag
A decorated wooden box to keep his favorite books and treasures
A felt game book

LSU GiftsOk so we REALLY love LSU - so much that one of the trees in my house at Christmas time is purple with LSU decorations. It also only has LSU themed gifts underneath. So ... I am looking for ANYTHING useful that has an LSU theme for under that tree for any of the guys in my family!
Crazy socks, hand painted serving trays or glassware, pillow cases, lap blankets, etched or painted glasses, kids aprons - just about anything goes - send me a PM if you have an idea!

For my Inlaws Mother in law - a casserole carrier, photo necklace of the grandkids, photo tote bag, a red zippered coin purse Thanks Leigh123!
 Father in Law - a decorated bucket or fabric basket to toss his peanut shells in
 Sister in Law - OK- this one is odd! She and I exchange "tacky gifts" every year at Christmas. I am looking for something over the top, outrageous, and a bit odd! Imagination is key here! One year I gave her a penguin appliqued (with puffpaint)shirt that had lights on it and jingle bells. She started playing BINGO, so I gave her a bumch of trolls once. It's just super hilarous gifts that don't cost a ton!

For the cousinswe have LOTS of these - all girls ages 2, 3, 4, 13, 16, & 18 ! We are looking for:
Teen jewlery pieces (coming from sweetyetevil)
Finger puppets
Fun shaped Crayons
All in one Crayon & coloring book bag
Anything girlie - I'm always at a bit of a loss on this!

For the Coworkers (8 people - 7 women, 1 man)
Handmade crosses - large ones for walls or ornaments for the tree

Anything from my Pintrest Boards that inspire you! Let me know what you are thinking of - just in case I have already made it! http://pinterest.com/texscrapper/
Ok - that's all I can think of for now! I hope this gives you an idea!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011 09:34:00 AM by texscrapper » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.
klg_jlg
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011 01:44:52 PM »

I claim texscrapper for a fun coloring book/crayon holder for her son!
3 claims, 0 sent, 0 recieved

I'm Kassie, I live in Idaho Falls, Idaho with my sweet husband and 9 1/2 month old little girl. I'm a photographer. =)

**Note: Almost anything on this list can also be found on my Pinterest**

Me:
-silk wrap bracelet & pink and chain braid bracelet http://pinterest.com/kgroll/my-style/
-knitted hat http://www.anniesattic.com/knitting/detail.html?prod_id=80545&cat_id=1045
-White lace mini pencil style http://pinterest.com/pin/288048282/
-Knitted headband/ear warmer...grey please
-Tall Boot socks *Love the knitted/crochet details for the top part that shows
-Earring/necklace set.. can pin more

Household:
-Chunky cable throw http://pinterest.com/pin/145485935/
-Tree Skirt: bright, modern & lively. Currently have a white tree with black and silver ornaments. Looking to add one accent pop color and would like it incorporated a lot into the tree skirt. Maybe plum? http://pinterest.com/pin/253409490/
-Wreaths for year round use
-Experience Advent calendar in above colors.. Experiences are in seasonal board
-holiday bunting
-Christmas stockings I really love the modern style of >> But again, let's try to do the same general color scheme with whites, silver, plums and black only as an accent. http://pinterest.com/pin/305119588/
(Can anyone tell it's going to be our first REAL Christmas now that we have our little one?) ;P

My little girl:
**Currently in 12 month clothing, Size 2 shoes**
-any dresses from Little One board.. http://pinterest.com/kgroll/little-one/
-would LOVE some little boots like these >http://www.joyfolieblog.com/2011/01/mod-boots-and-another-taft.html *Maybe in grey/neutral and keep color coordinated graphic pattern for accent
-Hemp/overnight soakers
-Cloth diapering accessories & Vacation size wet bag
-Baby leg warmers
-Felt foods

Hubby:
-Sturdy wallet--Please no duct tape
-Knit hats--grey, navy, black-
Landscape art of Teton Mountains (He LOVES landscapes and I can paint anything except them!)

**For multiple guys in the family.. Some sort of little organizing kit for vehicles.. Maybe a reusable trash sack, little bin with different places to store things.. Idk.. Need at least 2 "kits", prefer 3

Mom:
-Small coupon organizer
-unique cookie cutters
-warm & Fuzzy house slippers (size 6- 6 1/2) http://pinterest.com/pin/284881155/

Dad:
Don't have a specific idea.. He likes the Denver Broncos, St. Louis  Blues, fishing and hunting

Sister:
-Kitchen accessories (pot holders, dish towels, full length apron) in turquoise, red, and white colors.
-turquoise t shirt rug for in front of kitchen
-(4) placemats with utensil pocket

Little Brother (:
He really likes hulk, iron man, dinosaurs, etc. He's 8

DH's Parents:
-Homemade caramels in air tight jars
-Scripture covers

Sister In Law #1:
-2 Camera straps w/lens cover pocket http://www.etsy.com/listing/78182380/camera-strap-lens-cap-pocket-holder
-Camera bag to coordinate at least 1 strap *Would love a couple pockets and tiny bit of extra room*

SIL #2:
-Decoupage letter blocks for seasonal decor
-Knotted headbands

SIL#3:
-collapsible fabric storage bins.. medium and larger sizes please
-Scarves
-Yoga mat bag
-affirmation stones  http://pinterest.com/pin/69349885/

Nieces:
**Need to get sizes, so just ask if you choose these**
clothing, toys, loveys
bumper pad from soft fabrics-lady bug themed so colors are red, white & black

Cut vinyl quotes/graphics. Just cut and onto transfer paper so I can apply to projects myself.
**Would really like at least 1 of the following: grandparent themed (my parents are first timers with our LO), love/bedroom themed, child's room (girl, ladybug room)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwiththegrizls.com
leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011 06:44:15 AM »

I'll claim klg_jlg for a dress the boots for her daughter

claims 1, sent 0, received 0

We have allergies to smoke!

Levi (age 4) - he likes the beach, surf boards, skateboarding, riding his bike, science, reading, books, purple

- purple superhero theme doll
- sleeveless gloves - he got some in a swap last year and really likes them!  Purple or rainbow yarn, nothing itchy, and washable please!
- sock monkey - traditional style or one that you think he would like
- purple fitted sheet (toddler/crib size)
- handmade pj's, boxers and underpants (I can provide his measurments)
- knit or crochet sweater, washable yarn, something colorful (maybe rainbow, or shades of blue, or purple with another color accent!) - Love the pea coat style or hoodie style, but open to others, not the kind that looks like grandma made it though!
- small things to put in advent calendar - can be anything little (stickers, toys, finger puppets, bean bags, socks, etc) - please check if you want to send edibles, he has allergies to dairy/anything artificial, oats -   he loves honey sticks though and some organic candies he can have!
- extended rearfacing (carseat) shirt, LMK if you need ideas!
- wipeable table cloth for 24" square table
- stocking stuffers
- books
- wind up toys

This: http://www.amazon.com/Ekorre-Swing-hanging-hammock-outdoor/dp/B002XPNMFU
There is a tutorial for similar on my pinterest, burda pattern I believe.  

Grandma: Likes pastels, whites
- heat pack things to warm her up
- fun pot holders
- slippers with non-slip bottoms, size 6.5
- brag book with photos of my son

Sister: (22), she likes colors/prints that are "in style"  Favorite colors are green and turquoise. No pink!
- stylish messanger bag, needs to be functional to hold college books and stuff like that.  
- fun makeup bag
- hoodie in size small

Mom:
- garden markers for all the plants in the garden (weather proof)
- set of 4 placemats for a round table, she wants the edge of the mats to match up with the edge of the table - so maybe oval ones would be good!
- set of unpaper towels
- fun pot holders

Dad:
- travel related items - he is a seasoned traveler and goes around the world (literally) every other month or more.
- Michigan wolverines related items, blue and gold!

Dog (Berkshire)
-fun color or leash - she is a 85lbs so a big dog.  Something in "girl" colors, people always think she is a boy.  She is black and white.
- dog toys that float and do not have a squeak

Kids at church:
7 kids aged 3-13, (13yr old is autistic).
Maybe little zippered pouches with fun erasers/pencils, or crayon rolls, or finger puppets... ? open to other ideas!

Girls next door:   These girls babysit Levi for free all the time, they are so sweet!  They celebrate Hanukkah.  No particular ideas for them, so anything you can think of!  Or something just for their family, maybe some fun chocolates or something.   Girls are 9, 13, and 15.  

General stuff:
-stocking stuffers for everyone above (handmade chapsticks, zipperd pouches in fun prints, fun coasters, fun little toys for Levi, wind up toys, etc)
- food treats - vegetarian only (no gelatin, rennet) - jams, jellys, dips, honey sticks, spreads, drink mixes, etc
- Fun pot holders (must be functional!)
- t-shirt rugs or other small rugs
- holiday napkins
- holiday dish towels

Supplies I need for making various gifts:
2 yards of thick black or other dark color fleece (for a pull over sweater I'm making for my uncle)
batting,fabric and thread to make "quilts for kids" which I donate - anything kid friendly or solids/semi solids.  
knit fabric, 1/2yd cuts or bigger, and ribbing, any amount - I need to make Levi some more pj's and l/s shirts.

Me:
FABRIC!   I love fabric, so anything is good!
sewing notions - zippers, thread, bias tape, kam snaps, elastic etc.  
fingerless gloves in soft, non-itchy fabric (I'm allergic to acrylic and I think some wool's, I'm not really sure!), in any fun color - I like brighter colors.

Anything off my wists/pinterests -  there are a lot of things on there for Levi!
www.wists.com/leighi123

http://pinterest.com/leighi123/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011 07:02:07 AM by leighi123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
myloveasdeep
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011 07:05:51 AM »

I claim leighi123 for stocking stuffers for her son, and my husband is making him a mohawk hat.

This is my first claim, 0 sent, 0 recieved.

My name is Shannon and I live in Denver with my husband, four cats and a pug. I am trying to craft 90% of the gifts this year, but I teach high school English and we have finals right before break, and then I have to grade them. I am listing the things I would really love to make, but dont have the initial materials/skills  to do so. Hopefully one of you has the basics and will be able to whip them out in no time!

1. A Tub Tea set for my best friend. Any herbal/citrus/rose scent would be fine. She does have allergies to the daisy family, so perhaps no chamomile. http://pinterest.com/pin/298200085/ .
You would need to have a stash of dried herbs end flowers to do this, but it would make a great batch project for your friends!

2. A tiny book necklace, also for best friend. http://pinterest.com/pin/267656051/

3.  Fridge Scrabble! I need four sets of this. http://www.thebudgetfashionista.com/archive/diy-fridge-scrabble/
If you have a color printer and a laminator, or access to one at work, this will be fast and basically free. I do not have these things. If you can do the laminating, I can do the magnet part myself.

4.  Resin photo jewelry for my mom. http://pinterest.com/pin/298185634/
I can send you the pictures. Even a pendant would be great.

5.  CD desktop calendar for my dad. http://pinterest.com/pin/329464222/ I can send you the pictures.

6.  I would really like a necklace for my sister. http://pinterest.com/pin/298191575/
I am not great at jewelry.  She likes blue and sparkly. Matching earrings would be lovely too.

7. A custom Bible cover for my sister. One of those padded things with handles would be great. Again, blue and sparkly, possibly with a verse about dancing or singing on there, or even just the word Dance.

8. A custom Bible cover for my mom. She loves South American prints, specifically Mexican and Guatemalan designs.

9. A custom Bible cover for my dad. He likes the 1950s advertising images/shapes. This site has tons of perfect clip art for free: http://tackorama.net/

10. Make me 10 Christmas cards! I really want some retro style to send out this year. We could work together on designing it- I lack Photoshop skills and color ink.

11. A snarky cross-stitch, framed, for my brother. My spoon is too big would be perfect.

12.  A card games themed set for my SIL. She is at college and plays a lot of cards. A few sets of interesting cards, a book of card games that teens would like, and some snacks would be cool.

13. Sewn cloth bags, either drawstring or zipper.  Red and white stripes, any vintage fabric, black, blue, yellow, metallic, sparkly..any of those. They are are nice for everyone, and my sewing machine is broken.

14. Ten bars of candy cane melt and pour soap: http://pinterest.com/pin/298251632/
People expect this from me now, but I just dont know if I have the time to do it this year, and all my supplies are used up.

15. If anyone could figure out a way to make a tie pin in the shape of the original series Star Trek symbol for my husband, that would be amazing. Very finely crafted Sculpey? Metal clay? Spray-painted shrinky dink?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011 07:10:20 AM by myloveasdeep » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/myloveasdeep/

Her dirty paws and furry coat,
She ran down the forest slope.
The forest of talking trees,
They used to sing about the birds and the bees.
The bees had declared a war,
The sky wasn't big enough for them all.
sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011 08:19:59 AM »

I am claiming myloveasdeep for a necklace and earrings for her sister

1st claim this round, 0 sent, 0 received

I am Beth, I live in Michigan with my greyhound Hallo and boyfriend Sam.

Any craft medium
Ornaments- any medium, colorful, sparkly, whatever!  These do not have to be holiday themed like snow or santa etc
Something jagermeister,bud lite or tool themed for boyfriend
Coasters
trivets
plant/garden decorations
candles
eye/sunglass holder
phone covers/cases-something to slip it into like a small bag
decorated picture frames-little boy themed
wall art with flowers or birds in brown & blue tones or yellow tones for my pal.
name bracelets or necklaces for my nieces with their kids names (one has Caleb and the other Eli)
small rag rugs for in front of sinks- any colors
etched glasses
Cloth/sewing/crochet/knitting/embroidery
place mat sets
swifter cover
coin purse
Paperback book covers
Kitchen or decorative towels-does not have to be winter themed so they can use them year round.
Make up bags-fun prints/styles for sisters
Scented sachets for hanging or drawers-fruity or clean scents
Pillow cases- tool theme(not for a child), fun print in birds/owls, any batik or unisex print for either male or female

Food goodies
Canned jams, spreads, pickles etc

Dog treats-Almost everyone in my family has a dog and my pals do too

Anything from my pinterest- I have lots of things on there!!!!
http://pinterest.com/sweetyetevil/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myloveasdeep
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011 08:25:06 AM »

I claim sweetetevil for dog treats! I was going to try my hand at those anyway.

This is my second claim, 0 sent, 0 received.

My name is Shannon and I live in Denver with my husband, four cats and a pug. I am trying to craft 90% of the gifts this year, but I teach high school English and we have finals right before break, and then I have to grade them. I am listing the things I would really love to make, but dont have the initial materials/skills  to do so. Hopefully one of you has the basics and will be able to whip them out in no time!

1. A Tub Tea set for my best friend. Any herbal/citrus/rose scent would be fine. She does have allergies to the daisy family, so perhaps no chamomile. http://pinterest.com/pin/298200085/ .
You would need to have a stash of dried herbs end flowers to do this, but it would make a great batch project for your friends!

2. A tiny book necklace, also for best friend. http://pinterest.com/pin/267656051/

3.  Fridge Scrabble! I need four sets of this. http://www.thebudgetfashionista.com/archive/diy-fridge-scrabble/
If you have a color printer and a laminator, or access to one at work, this will be fast and basically free. I do not have these things. If you can do the laminating, I can do the magnet part myself.

4.  Resin photo jewelry for my mom. http://pinterest.com/pin/298185634/
I can send you the pictures. Even a pendant would be great.

5.  CD desktop calendar for my dad. http://pinterest.com/pin/329464222/ I can send you the pictures.

6. I would really like a necklace for my sister. http://pinterest.com/pin/298191575/
I am not great at jewelry.  She likes blue and sparkly. Matching earrings would be lovely too.
Thanks sweetyetevil!

7. A custom Bible cover for my sister. One of those padded things with handles would be great. Again, blue and sparkly, possibly with a verse about dancing or singing on there, or even just the word Dance.

8. A custom Bible cover for my mom. She loves South American prints, specifically Mexican and Guatemalan designs.

9. A custom Bible cover for my dad. He likes the 1950s advertising images/shapes. This site has tons of perfect clip art for free: http://tackorama.net/

10. Make me 10 Christmas cards! I really want some retro style to send out this year. We could work together on designing it- I lack Photoshop skills and color ink.

11. A snarky cross-stitch, framed, for my brother. My spoon is too big would be perfect.

12.  A card games themed set for my SIL. She is at college and plays a lot of cards. A few sets of interesting cards, a book of card games that teens would like, and some snacks would be cool.

13. Sewn cloth bags, either drawstring or zipper.  Red and white stripes, any vintage fabric, black, blue, yellow, metallic, sparkly..any of those. They are are nice for everyone, and my sewing machine is broken.

14. Ten bars of candy cane melt and pour soap: http://pinterest.com/pin/298251632/
People expect this from me now, but I just dont know if I have the time to do it this year, and all my supplies are used up.

15. If anyone could figure out a way to make a tie pin in the shape of the original series Star Trek symbol for my husband, that would be amazing. Very finely crafted Sculpey? Metal clay? Spray-painted shrinky dink?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/myloveasdeep/

Her dirty paws and furry coat,
She ran down the forest slope.
The forest of talking trees,
They used to sing about the birds and the bees.
The bees had declared a war,
The sky wasn't big enough for them all.
tapestrymlp

~Tapestry~

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011 10:15:19 PM »

I claim myloveasdeep for a book necklace & 10 Christmas cards

(1,0,0)

Hi! I'm Jenn and I'm 34, a programmer, mom to two health-challenged kiddos, married to my high school sweetheart and a complete craft & swap addict. Books are my number one passion in life followed closely by Harry Potter. We live in the Dallas, Texas, area.

Allergy Info
My daughter has Cystic Fibrosis and Immune Deficiency so we can't accept crafts from anyone with a CFer in their household. Also, If someone in the household has been sick within the two weeks prior to when my swap item is to be sent I respectfully request that the sender wait until two weeks after everyone is well before sending the item out. I can't accept any crafts from smoking households or that have been exposed to smoke due to my daughter's lung issues.

Thank you so, so much in advance for whomever claims me!

My number one most wanted item right now is a blanket with storm/lightning motif on it for my daughter. It can be knit, crochet, felt or sewn. It just has to be storm related. She's terrified of storms and I think a "magic" storm blanket to wrap herself in might help her feel safe and more calm.

My Husband
John loves Star Wars. He has an entire room filled with Star Wars stuff and goes to the conventions whenever they happen. He's also a big comic book fan, heavily into X-men and Green Lantern right now. John's other main interests are music and movies - his DVD collection is rather out of hand.
~ Monster Feet slippers (men's size 12) similar to these: http://www.stylehive.com/bookmark/funny-monster-feet-slippers-from-onlyslipperscom-1234999
~ Bantha stuffie like this one: http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2010/11/how-to_cuddly_felt_bantha.html
~ A Tatooine Suns T-shirt, size XL, similar to this: http://superpunch.blogspot.com/2011/02/tatooine-suns-t-shirt.html

My Mom
my mom loves dragons and unicorns. She's got quite a collection of art and figures for both, though the dragons seem to out-number everything else. She loves blues and soft greens and really hates reds, oranges and most yellows. She only likes sweet looking dragons though, not the fierce scary kind. Think Pocket Dragons.
~ a unicorn polymer clay figure similar to this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/27554740/ooak-hand-sculpted-polymer-clay-art-doll
~ Unicorn, dragon or pegasus wall art or an embroidered hoop. Here's an example of something she'd go nuts over: http://www.etsy.com/listing/65760220/desert-unicorn-aceoish-original

My daughter
Cassidy is one part girly girl and one part tom boy. She's addicted to comics like her daddy and watches X-men, Fantastic 4, Justice League, The Avengers and the Teen Titans cartoons every day during her breathing treatments and persuses comics such as Teeny Titans and The Power Pack in her free time. She loves books as much as mommy and favorites include the Percy Jackson series, Harry Potter, and the Red Pyramid Series. She also loves Skippy Jon Jones and Fancy Nancy in the picture book department. Barbies are one her favorite toys right along with her American Girl size dolls.
~ Matching PJ or dress set for Cass (size 7) and her American Girl doll
~ Feather hair accessories in bright colors
~ A cute trinket box to organize her nail polish and lip gloss, perhaps decorated with one of the book or comic series she's interested in
~ A girly t-shirt in pink with comic book character(s) on it
~ Fun dress up stuff for her dress up chest
~Pretty much anything for her American Girl Doll
~A twirly skirt in fun, bright colors
~ Storm themed blanket

My son
Joshua will be one this Christmas. He's just learning to walk and getting into everything. Laid back and easy going, Josh always has a smile and is fascinated by the world around him. He likes bright colors and designs and seems to gravitate toward goofy monster pictures and books.
~ An activity book (here's an example: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334056.0)
~ Star wars or super hero decorated long sleeve t-shirt, sweater or onesie
~ Cute Christmas elf hat (for a 12 month old)

My Best Friend
Kim has a 1-year-old and is currently a stay-at-home-mom and former veterinarian. She works part-time on a ranch with her husband and the two are heavily involved in polo and horsemanship.
~ Anything polo related such as artwork, trinket boxes, t-shirt size L, etc.
~ A buckwheat or flaxseed lavender-scented hot/cold pad with horse related fabric, similar to this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=347454.0

For me
~ Large pin/photo board to hang on my wall and pin notes, craft ideas & photos to for inspiration in my craft room
~ Earmuffs or an ear muff band, something cute or HP-related
~ Harry Potter related Christmas tree ornaments or dotees
~ A wisty surprise http://www.wists.com/tapestrymlp
~ A cool HP Hoopla
~ Hufflepuff leg warmers
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 4/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 3/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 5/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 1/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 2/8
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...