A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Daddy from Bioshock!  (Read 1117 times)
Tags for this thread: bioshock , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rousseline
« on: October 15, 2011 06:23:06 PM »

I found the pattern for a Big Daddy bouncer from Bioshock something like a year ago (link to pattern is here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=338073.0, very well explained) and I always wanted to do it, but I was a little bit scared at how complex it looks! When I saw that my partner in the Videogame Swap was a Bioshock fan, I knew that I had to shake myself and do it!

So here is my Big Daddy amigurumi!

At first, I had bought yellow buttons for the eyes, but they were too big. I then decided to paint safety eyes red. It took a couple of layers (is layers the right word here? Sorry for my Frenchie English Tongue) but I got them looking like I wanted! In the end, I love the red eyes!

I also had a lot of problems with the wire frame. At first, I tried doing it as it is explained in the pattern, but using embroidery floss over the wire instead of yarn (doing knots like in friendship bracelets). It didn't look good, so I tried just rolling the floss around the wire, and it was even worse! So then I decided to take 2 wire and twist them and then use that to built the frame. It's not as nice as I would want it to be, but I was running out of ideas, so I decided it was good enough!

In the pattern, there is 5 fingers in the left hand, but I was too lazy, so I did a kinda mitten with a thumb.

Here's another shot.

And a last one, just for fun!

I'm really proud of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm now on Etsy! It's pretty empty now, but a lot more will be added pretty soon! https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/PixelLady
d3v14n7
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011 07:37:12 PM »

It looks great! I'm glad you conquered your fears and tried something a bit complicated, the end result is beautiful! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lacetron
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011 05:50:26 AM »

wow  Shocked Very impressive work and I <3 bioshock! It looks great  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tastywhalebacon
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012 10:59:54 AM »

uber cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MsZombieElvis
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012 06:54:44 PM »

So glad you just went for it! You did a great job - and you are inspiring me to maybe try something that I feel is kinda out of my skill level. I think the wires turned out great! Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't Panic"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Benefits of Pomegranates
Glowing Everyday Winter Makeup Tutorial
How to Cover Up Acne and Blemishes
How to Get Graffiti Nails by Expert Katie Jane Hughes
The Secret to Hiding Split Ends
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...