A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,294
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 8 :: Holiday Edition! :: The Gallery!  (Read 8256 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweety28303
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She is Dangerous, She is Dangerous, I'm sure."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2011 06:22:58 PM »

Aww, I'm Sorry The Cookies Didn't Make It In One Piece = [ But I'm Super Glad You Enjoyed Your First Package. I Will Post Pics Of Your Package Soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap? I'm looking for a table runner. I will crochet everything under the sun for one!
sweety28303

"She is Dangerous, She is Dangerous, I'm sure."

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2011 02:48:34 PM »

I've been super busy. Here's The First Package From Fairiegirl

Timtams, Soup, Socks (With Stripes! I Love Stripes!) Candles, And An Adorable Hello Kitty Ornament! = ] (I Love Love Love Hello Kitty!)

Platypus Stuffie, A Poppy, A Bookmark, And 2 Pictures.. One Is My Name In The Sand At The Beach.. And My Favorite Is Baby!

Isn't He The Cutest?!! I Love This!

Thanks So Much Jess!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap? I'm looking for a table runner. I will crochet everything under the sun for one!
indigo_roses
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011 03:39:16 PM »

Cute package!

I mailed my second package off to aheartofglass today! Hope it gets there safely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
RaraAvis

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011 10:11:56 AM »

I received my second package from ironic!!!!! It's amazing! One of the three items she sent me was the one..."utilizing your best craft, make your partner a present for them to open during their autumn/winter holiday/celebration." I debated about opening it for a few hours and then I realized I wouldn't be able to wait until Christmas, so I opened it Wink! I'm glad I did, because the items will come in handy on these cold days!

I will try to post pics soon!

THANK YOU IRONIC!!!!!!!!!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karwash
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2011 12:14:23 PM »

I received my second package from Arachnea and it is awesome. I was running late to a cookie party last night and as I was heading out the door, there is a box just sitting on my doorstep. It was actually very picturesque, the way it was sitting there, in the very middle of my doorstep and a little ways from the door as if it was waiting for me. I couldn't wait to open it, so I didn't. This is what I got and again, its awesome . . .

Arachnea learned how to crochet and made me this scarf, which I immediately opened and ran out the door with to go to the cookie party. I also got chocolate covered chipnuts which intrigue me, a chocolate orange bar, and cider. Then Arachnea went above and beyond and made 18 friendship bracelets in various colors for my little students (I'm a preschool teacher). They will love them so much.

A bath poof, handmade eucalyptus tealight candles, bath salts, Sesame Street shaped sugar cubes, and Sesame Street shaped soaps. All to help me de-stress.

Close-up of some soaps.

Unfortunately, there was a mishap. There were 2 chocolate things in the box called Kinder Surprise that did not survive the transport. At least I still get the toy inside.  Grin

It is a terrific package. I am so excited about it all and I know my preschoolers will love their bracelets too. It is all so thoughtful. Thanks so much, Arachnea!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As children, we all live in a world of imagination, of fantasy, and for some of us that world of make-believe continues into adulthood.
- Jim Henson
RaraAvis

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011 09:04:20 PM »

Package 2, received from ironic

Here are the pics from my awesome package from ironic! I was so happy to see knitted items since I don't know how to knit and I love them!

To start off....something for me to stay organized, a cute little coin purse...

Something to give to a friend or family member....scarf and necktie (love the colors!)

The necktie is really cool, I have never seen anything like it. One end tucks into the other end and it has this cool diamond shape (bad description lol!). The photo really doesn't do it justice. I admit I think I am going to have to keep this one for myself! I just love it!

Finally, a gift for me to open on xmas....which I just had to open sooner! Grin
A cool headband and coffee cozie

and fingerless gloves in my favorite color!!!!

Thanks again ironic! I had a great time swapping with you! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aheartofglass

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2011 03:56:39 PM »

I received my Lovely second package from Indigo_Roses last week and I've been so crazy busy with work I haven't had the time to post pics...
I did PM her and let her know I had them and that I loved them, but the photos are Looooooonnnnnng overdue!
so....
Here is my package of holiday wonderfulness from Indigo_Roses (who I thank again, most sincerely!!!) (this girl has some serious skills!!!   Cheesy)

The works!

A gift for my daughter-in-law (who happened to see it and exclaimed, "Is that for me???" so she got that gift early...)

Mine!!!

And a fun project to make with my grandson!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster keeps the whimsey in my life!
indigo_roses
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2011 06:24:55 PM »

Glad you liked everything, aheartofglass!

I received my package from aheartofglass today! I love coming home to find boxes on my porch.  Cheesy

Here's everything together - a slumped bottle, stained glass ornament, and two store-bought ornaments for me; a beaded bracelet and glass pendant necklace for me to give to someone; and a "de-stress" kit for me which included tea, bath fizzers, a bath pouf, and a candle. There were also two small glass items - one had a 4-leaf clover and a penny in it with the phrase "Find a penny, pick it up - all day long you'll have good luck!" on it, and the other is purple with the word "Lucky" on it.

Here's just the crafted items -

This ornament had a card included saying how it was made by a Chinese artisan who handpainted the ornament from a small hole in the glassblown ornament. I think it's beautiful!

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2011 06:03:07 AM »

My partner received my combination package a couple of weeks ago.  I had to resend my package as package 1 was apparently "delivered" but not received by Shablina, and Canada Post/USPS are both being asses about it.  I am going to try to get reimbursed as it was very costly for me to send and contained a lot.  Here is what  I originally sent in my package 1

Lots of store bought to represent several of my favourites - candies such as Coffee Crisp, Sweet tarts, gummies, things representative of my favourite season - Autumn, and a tradition for us, vacationing in Muskoka in the Fall (and shopping in Huntsville which has a a great artist/artisan community - I always pick up things  I love there, and supplies - i also included a little inukshuk charm I bought in the package).  Things that keep me organized, like post its, and a favourite charity, our national blood service.  I love holiday patterns and always have holiday themed socks, so that is why I sent the peppermint swirl socks.  Also, I sent beads and supplies from my favourite store, and of my favourite craft- a beading store, go figure.

Here is one of my favourite family pictures, and a recipe book I made of favourite fall and holiday recipes including notes about them.  One of the microscope slide ornaments I made for everyone last year - my last good one actually.  A resin magnet of a leaf, one of the perfect teeny leaves I picked up on one of our fall walks at the cottage.  A wire worked bookmark to related to reading, and a beaded flower necklace, in a favourite colour.  Something warm was a fleece cowl I sewed, and there was a glass etched match holder/striker as our winter essential, and something edible was some hot pepper jelly I made.  Finally, the something local was a soldered charm with stamps with the skyline of Toronto, and the other side was a stamp of one of our historial forts, made into a chainmaille bracelet.

the match set as we always use our woodstove for warmth and ambience in the fall and winter

I put a lot of work into this package and am so upset that someone probably stole it.  I hope they rot for their thievery.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2011 07:48:07 AM »

Here is what I sent in package 2.  I am beyond po'd with the postal services.  I remade about half of package 1, resending some things like the candies, the jelly I made, some info about the charity, etc.  I luckily was able to send another jelly, and had my prototype of my Santa slide ornament, and was able to remake some of the others, like the magnet, the bookmark, the recipe book, etc.

For my actual package 2 -

Beaded snowflakes for her tree or to give away

A box to keep her gift lists, receipts, warranties organized - embroidered sugar skull image on cotton, with the box woodburned, hand coloured, and varnished. 

For her stash - a covered craft journal/sketchbook to keep track of patterns and projects, with pockets for pens or patterns, a crochet hook roll with extra yarn needles, a measuring tape, and scissors, and sugar skull stitch markers

I really enjoyed crafting for MAFs, but no thanks to the probable thief, and the postal services involved, this has been a terrible, depressing, anger-inducing experience for me that has coloured my entire holiday season, and I am still in a fight to get my money back - and if they do not reimburse me, then Canada Post is just as much a thief too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
How to Make Almond Joy Macaroons
Banana-Coconut Chocolate Croissant at Lafayette in NYC
How to Make Leftover-Cheesecake Pops
Croissant French Toast Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Toddler Teething Cookies
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...