A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,662
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Huzzah! It's a dino hoodie!  (Read 9681 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lady Mad
« on: June 14, 2005 04:58:20 AM »

After countless articles and highlights in the British media denouncing young people who wear hoodies as evil, murderous hooligans I decided that I must immediatly get hold of a hoodie, and start my denounceing steretypes deely that I do.

So my Mum gave me an old Bhs (I believe) zip up hooded cardigan that was size 14. First problem: I'm a size 8. So I resized the hoodie, and thus it came to fit.

Then I thought that it looked a bit boring and after spying two dinosour hoodies in this forum, I thought: aha! So, following hoodie is inspired by those two. I thank the creaters muchly.

Here is a bad picture of the entire hoodie:

Close up on the spikes:

And close up on the embroidery on the pocket. Inspired by illustration in an old childrens book of a dinosour clutching an aeroplane. (Yes, it's an aeroplane, not a bird. Hush.) This is my first ever embroidery, after I decided I should work out how to do it. Am ordering the Stitch-It-Kit and I saw an example of this type of stich on Jenny Hart's website. So, I drew the picture and stiched. I don't think it's that bad for a first go, when it was a teach yourself, so hopefully I'll get better when I get the kit.

You can't really see the embroidery very well, so I'll try and get another photo.

Feedback please!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlypirate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my arms are too short to box with God.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005 06:14:25 AM »

they really say all that about hoodies?  wow.  i had no idea there was such a negative stereotype for them.  yours is quite cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragamufyn

White Chocolate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005 06:38:13 AM »

Great job!  Now... go cause trouble....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Mad
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005 06:48:28 AM »

girlypirate - yeah, Tony Blair has been using them to illustrate the lack of "respect" that the young people of this country have.

Thanks for the comments  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005 06:53:32 AM »

that's insane.
but a very rad hoodie, i love it. i've been trying to decide which hoodie to turn dino, but i'm in love with all my hoodies and i'm afraid to ruin one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Icemaiden
CSI addict!!

Annoy me...I'll set my pet sock,stripy, on you!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005 12:06:45 PM »

Yup thats what they've said on this side of the pond.Sad isn't it?That no-one can go out in hoodies without getting classed as yobs or hooligans.

Btw great job on the dino hoodie!!

Huggles

Ice Maiden
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall,ninety-nine bottles of beer.Swab one down,run it through CODIS,ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall"

"Would you mind if I took a picture for my bite collection?"
"Whatever rubs your Buddha."

"Don't touch me.I'm evidence
Fee
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005 01:19:42 PM »

Nice dino hoodie, I like how its from BHS - teach the biddys a thing or two Cheesy

I didn't know tony blair was attacking hoodie wearers, but they've been banned form bluewater shopping centre... Actually I think its people attacking chavs, without wanting to directly name a group in society. I wear hoodies (fashion hoodies) but I don't like chavs Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zlimone
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005 05:14:37 PM »

i'm soooo confused! ive never ever heard anything about hoodies representing anything and what are chavs? i must be soo behind, where i live everyone wears hoodies. everyone. thats sooo insanely dumb.
anyways i love your hoodie! rock on hoodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ohsweetie
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005 08:36:09 PM »

oh my, i love that you made a hoodie while thinking of the political aspects of said hoodie. i cant believe that the government is delving into shock politics. its incredible. i love the hoodie. im young. but i am not a hooligan. or hoodie-gan. muwahaha. xoxo di.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

in the words of richard brautigan,
"i'll love you and be your catfish friend!"

oooh, i do personal swaps too!

http://d-funk.blogspot.com
Fee
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005 08:46:30 AM »

i'm soooo confused! ive never ever heard anything about hoodies representing anything and what are chavs?

An evolution of townies, **Usually** teenagers from working class backgrounds who wear tracksuit bottoms and sports branded tee shirts (like nike, addidas) and burberry (more often than not - fake) anything, caps, bags, scarfs, anything. Victoria Beckham is a chav (except her stuff is the REAL brands rather than fake Tongue) and I think Wayne Roonie's girlfriend was crowned Queen of the Chavs, heh. Teamed with the appearance is the attitude, swearing, smoking, acting hard, wouldn't be seen dead with a homecounties accent, Vandalism. Hence the connection with hoodies being bad. They just come up with the idea that hoodies = vandalism. So ban one, you solve the other. Damn i love politics...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Extreme Website Makeover - Modifying a Template in Expanded Mode
Extreme Website Makeover - Adding Content to the Pages
Extreme Website Makeover - Creating Multiple Pages Using a Template
Extreme Website Makeover - Choosing Background Color and Alignment
Extreme Website Makeover - Editing a Layout in Fireworks®
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...