A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: a collection of shirts i've altered  (Read 1935 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hilarei
« on: October 13, 2011 06:47:28 AM »

just a few things i've made over the past few years (all are linked thumbnails Wink )

nothing too special. cut image from old Garbage shirt, attached to an altered long-sleeve T. (the sleeves flare slightly)

my friend asked me to save his worn-out Alice in Chains shirt. and this is what he got

resized a giant men's shirt, and cut out letters and Haro image from a green shirt

one of my favorites, it took a bit to figure out how to make the web more stable.

striped shirt from goodwill into two new shirts

another striped shirt into a T with envelope neckline, and white band

and used the turtleneck, cut in two, to make cuffs for a track jacket

cut out the image, and used scraps to add more detail for an Evangelion tank top

and last, found a GIANT moo-moo at goodwill, "new with tags," as they say. transplanted the mandarin collar and key-hole to a white shirt (it ended up with short sleeves) also, made vents at the bottom trimmed in the fabric from the moo-moo

and turned the rest into a skirt, with exposed white ruffle underskirt, and tie waistband (it's a little hard to see, but it's tied into a bow)

thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011 11:47:20 AM by hilarei » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Susie Apple

Ride it on out like you were a bird.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011 08:21:49 AM »

These are all great. I need to buff up my sewing/reconstructing shirt skills so I can revamp my thrift store finds that are a little less than perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hilarei
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011 09:34:17 AM »

thank you!  Smiley but don't be fooled. the inspiration didn't come right away for ALL of these. and even if it did, some sat for a year or two until i could make them like my "vision."  like the spidey shirt.  i think it sat for two years (enough time to get pregnant, have a baby, and lose the weight) before i figured out doubling up on the web part and stretching it to keep the shape.    i did get some inspiration for others t-shirt revamps. i hope i can inspire, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhimsySister
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011 03:55:21 AM »

Awesome! I love the variety of what you did. And that you used one garment to update 2!

I also have items waiting for inspiration to strike so I can take advantage of their coolness & low cost. But I'm beginning to doubt my ability to create something worthy to stand in the same category as yours!  Well there's that AND the fact I still haven't figured out my serger 6 months after purchase. ARGH!!

Thanks for sharing and keep it up. (thinking I'll send my T collection to hilarei)  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

... and they lived happily ever after ... in Ireland.
hilarei
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011 05:27:43 AM »

thank you very much.  i still have plenty of shirts, and yards of fabric to transform. no more, thanks Tongue  and it's comforting to see someone else put off the serger, too.  my bro got one for me a couple of years ago. i was really excited, and tried to use it for a couple things, and couldn't get the settings right.i became really discouraged, and put it away for a year-and-a-half until my husband encouraged me to bust it out on a jacket i made for him.  i still haven't utilized everything it's capable of, but i definitely us it  A LOT more.   time in between helps.  you can do it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011 04:22:31 PM »

They look great. I really like the spider web design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hilarei
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011 07:10:14 AM »

thanks, it's definitely one of my favorites!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Know What to Wear Underneath Your Graduation Gown
Dress For the Success You Deserve
Celebrity Stylist Brad Goreski Shares His Holiday Fashion Tips
Reese Witherspoon Proves the Power of Black and White
Gwen Stefani Gets Festive in Red
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...