A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 312,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Diaper Bag  (Read 4365 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005 06:36:10 PM »

Oh goody!  I might try by your directions, but definitely will if you do a tute.

Just thought I'd say that I will try to do a tute for you...I cleaned the garage today when the kiddos were at school/mothers day out.  That is the first step of organizing my craft room.  Cleaning out the garage so that I  have room to pull all of my stuff out of the craft room, organize it, and put it back in so that it makes sense  (my craft room is near the garage, so I can move it all in there).  Its so bad right now that I really need to do that, and then I can sew again.  I was only able to finish this one because it was halfway done and I didn't need to cut anything else out.  Plus I've got little outfits that I need to get done for my daughter!! 

Anyway, the meaning of all this jabbering...it will be a while for the tute, but it will be done sometime!!  I hope!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005 04:40:57 AM »

I think you did a beautiful job!  The fabric combination is awesome, and the bag itself is a work of art.  The layered pockets (the button on the outside pocket), the ribbon, and the colors make it really really unique (and pretty).

You'd mentioned that you used cardboard on the bottom - how does that work if the bag gets wet?  I've been thinking too about some type of stabilizer for the bottom of my bags, and haven't discovered the perfect thing yet..

Would love a tutorial if you can find time to do one..

PS - Your daughter is a cutie-pie too! 

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005 08:11:54 AM »

the carboard has vinyl on top of it, but even if it gets wet (as long as its not dropped into a pool or something), I'm not too worried about it, because of the density of it.  I usually use a good plastic canvas for the bottom of my bags, and that really does a good job for the smaller bags, but for this one, since it is so big, I wanted a sturdier bottom.  The board I got is a board that is actually used for mounting handwork-like cross stitching or embroidery.  It has an adhesive side so it can stick to the fabric.  I used fabric glue on the side to face down, then used the adhesive side to hold the vinyl, then used stuck the lining fabric down as well.  It seems to work pretty well.  I'm sure my friend will let me know if it doesn't, but I've used the board before on a purse I'm carrying now (I'll post pics of it soon) and its working really well.  I got it at hobby lobby by the needlework stuff...a little more expensive than the canvas, but worth it I think for these bigger bags

And thans so much for such lovely comments!!
Crafty & Artistic Momma

Everything happens for a reason.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005 09:11:53 AM »

That is an awesome bag!!  I love the fabric and love how sturdy it looks.  I wonder if you bought the same thick interfacing I bought...I haven't had the chance to try it yet but I'm hoping it's not too difficult.  Great job!!

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005 10:04:13 AM »

jankeldesigns--thanks.  the stabalizer I got is peltex.  Its very thick.  I usually use just plain peltex, but now they've come out with an adhesive peltex also, which I'm just now trying.  It says they have either single side or double side.  i'm looking for the single side, but have only found the double. 

I use the peltex for all of my bags, unless the fabric is very thick.  I like the shape it gives, but its a pain to sew through 4 layers when you get to the topstitching that I do.  I trim it down to the stitching on the seams to help a little with the bulk.

whatever it takes...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005 03:48:58 PM »

like everyone else said, the fabrics are great! the layout and pockets are very well placed and organized. its wonderful =)
i love whales.

sewing, sewing, sewing some more

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005 07:56:06 PM »

I love the colors, the fabric, and especially all the pockets! You can never have too many pockets!

- Sam

Fluffyland - A shop filled with handmade cuteness! Whales, Narwhals, Wrist Wallets, and more!

Fluffyland Craft & Sewing Blog
Photos & Tutorials & Haiku!

You can't make me grow up!!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005 05:34:23 AM »

that is a cute diaper bag. i would get fustradted and beat up my sewing machine trying to do a project like that
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2005 10:08:58 AM »

I absolutely LOVE this bag, you did an awesome job!! The fabric combo is great. I told my good friend who is due in about a month that I would make her diaper bag for her, just was wondering the size of your bag because it looks perfect and not having any kids of my own i'm not sure how big is too big or whats the right size.

once again great job!!

"i may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I intended to be."
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006 06:22:31 PM »

Sooooo cute!!! Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Supreme Tracking - Final Cut Pro
How to Get Smooth Cam Results - Motion 3
How to Create Advanced Time Remapping - FCP 6
How to Make Good Green Screens for Under a Dollar
How to Round-Trip From FCP to Shake - Final Cut Pro 6
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...