A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
392 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jar of Whimsies Rd 10 Gallery  (Read 30284 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spazgirl1981
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Betsy Snow White

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2011 05:06:59 PM »

I received the other day from erica_tattoos and it was such an amazing package. It made me happy that I jumped into this swap before taking a year off to get ready for my wedding next fall.  Grin She really got my style perfectly.  This will be pic heavy and for some reason my pics always come up  HUGE, so I apologize in advance for that. And without further ado the fabulousness.
The first thing I pulled from the package was this adorable reading witch. It will be hung by my altar.

The second handmade item was this amazing goddess figure, which is ironic, because I was looking for one and here she is.

The third handmade whimsy is an Alice in Wonderland inspired bird house. So beautiful. I am showing you the front and back, but the sides are playing cards.

This is the beautiful "jar" she made me. It is gypsy style and I absolutely adore it.

This is the whole package all laid out.

One of my favorite things is this box of vintage watch pieces. I am going to use some of them for my wedding bouquet.

I also love this little house curio box.

Amazing whimsy closeups.

Thank you, erica_tattoos for fitting so much awesome in one package. I hope you love mine half as much.  Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: November 18, 2011 05:17:13 PM »

what an eclectic pacakge! it's all beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carmenmarie
I like getting crafty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: November 18, 2011 05:30:07 PM »

Papa Smurf <3 .  Love the little birdhouse.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amymarie78

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2011 05:46:48 PM »

Got my amazing jar today from Billiemarie... here are the pics...

My awesome container... Love that I could pop the top!

Top is popped!

The whimsies are loose!

Some close ups.. this one is an awesome necklace, a charm, and a pretty blue stone!

This handmade flower is so fabby!  It's so soft and it looks great... I am carrying a plain black purse right now and it will look great on it!

Keys, a kitty, a small jar of beads, and the most awesome dr. who charm!  and the long orange bead... I screams make me into a carrot necklace please!

There are so many great little bits and pieces to turn into other great projects!

Thanks so much partner... I love all my whimsies!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011 05:48:51 PM by amymarie78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helena Puck
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2011 06:16:57 PM »

My little boy swiped some of the plastic pieces and little figures to put in his sandbox. After I've been digging through and organizing all the goodies, I'm really excited to use all the buttons and beads, especially the taco button, horse button, and a beautiful sage colored glass or pottery button.

It took me a little bit but I had to laugh once I realized that the wooden circle thing with the bar in the middle is one of the things you put on the ends of shirts inside of tying a knot. I love the 80's theme to my package.

I've really enjoyed checking out everyone's goodies. I hope to join the next round of this swap. I may have to start my own dollhouse now to find a place for all the goodies. BTW, I love the mini broom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
NavyBlue4Eight

If it wasn't for this anchor...

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2011 08:05:33 PM »

The whole 80's package was fabulous, but the nautical Papa Smurf is just so... *sigh*. 
Also love the gypsy-themed box.  That was so creative and well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NH822

"Every day is better than the last!" -Logan, age 6

« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2011 07:04:32 AM »

so glad you liked the 80's package!  There was lots of "oh remember that!" going on at my house Smiley  I am now wishing I had thought to needle felt an "alf" stuffie instead of the bear, lol!  Didn't think of it at the time...sigh...maybe next time Smiley  I still can't get over the papa smurf fabric...that was just a killer find Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
PerfectlyBohemian

« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2011 09:30:27 AM »

I'm really digging the watch parts! I have been searching around for tiny vials lately. I'm glad that Isaacmom sent me one Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helena Puck
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2011 10:29:41 AM »

so glad you liked the 80's package!  There was lots of "oh remember that!" going on at my house Smiley  I am now wishing I had thought to needle felt an "alf" stuffie instead of the bear, lol!  Didn't think of it at the time...sigh...maybe next time Smiley

No worries. The bear actually goes better with my teddy bear collection anyway. I love him and these are my first needle felted pieces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
ZucCca
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2011 11:47:03 AM »

I received from NavyBlue4Eight!! Can't believe the package shipped in just 4 days from U.S. to Finland..  Roll Eyes

NavyBlue4Eight is the BEST swap partner ever! I am in love with everything she sent! Look at these colourful and fun goodies!

The package opened:

Inside I found this adorable fabric "jar". Can't believe how well NavyBlue4Eight can sew! And the fabrics she choosed are amazing!

Inside the basket I found these:

More jars! And lovely fabrics that made me scream (I'm sorry neighbours)!

And the whole contents spread on my table, including some really lovely paper goodies (and my first baseball card ever Cheesy ) and charms. Ignore the happy Barpapapa in the basket, he helped me unpacking.

Some detailshots:

Buttons, even some that are giraffe shaped  Shocked  And a lovely turquoise charm bracelet I've already worn.
I'm also a huge fan of circus related items so the carrousel jar and a-m-a-z-i-n-g  circus themed magnets she made are some of my favourites! My hubby also loved the X-ray viewer and the tiny robots. And the green handmade paperbeads are so beautiful and professional!  I've wanted to try to make them myself for ages too. The brooch is also very delicate.

It is so hard to pick favourites, I love them all!

Action shot of the magnets:

NavyBlue4Eight made also a bunch of colourful yo-yos and I have a perfect project for them Cool She also decorated a glass jar full of buttons with one of them (see above).

Thank you so much NavyBlue4Eight! You must be a psychic since you knew exactly what kind of things I like  Cheesy
This package was certainly worth of waiting!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Assembling Supplies for Plein Air Painting
How to Draw Bamboo with Watercolor
How to Create Snow with Watercolor
How to Create Realistic Tree Trunks in Watercolor Painting
How to Create Bricks with Watercolor
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...