A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altering a Phiten Tornado - Need help!  (Read 636 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mjnovak
« on: October 09, 2011 09:25:32 AM »

Hello, Ladies & Gents!
I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong spot -- Mods, please let me know!

My s-son is turning 11 in a few days. He is a sports fanatic and, as such, has recently become obsessed with these Phiten Tornado necklaces.
They are essentially just two twisted strands.

Their available sizing goes down to 18", but I can never seem to find these in the stores. I have found the larger sizes and, of course, feel like I should be able to alter them!
Is anyone able to look at the picture and suggest how I might alter it? I have read some blogs on the subject about braiding single strands to take up length, but I thought some more experienced Craftsters might have some good ideas for this double strand.

All help appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mjnovak
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011 09:34:22 AM »

Sorry -- I am now officially sure that I put this is in the wrong spot.  Undecided
Working on that...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffi_333
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011 10:36:06 AM »

http://www.go-titanium.com/v/tornadobraid.asp shows you how to make your own and has pictures to help you out
http://blog.phitenusa.com/all-posts/phiten-tornado is another site that shows you how to make one, but it doesnt have any pictures though it seems to have more words to help out.

looking at go-titanium.com it says that "Phiten products potential results include alleviating wrist pain, arm pain, lower back pain, neck and shoulder pain, enhancing circulation, promoting relaxation, stabilizing energy flow, reducing stress, and soothing tension. Phiten titanium is a safe and very inexpensive way to promote pain relief."  since its meant for a kid that im guessing doesnt have those problems (i could be wrong) maybe you could make them with some nice cord you can find in a store instead of an existing necklace. if you could find some camo or other type designs kids would like i bet it would be a hit the clip in the middle looks like a very small bag clip you could find in a craft store and the round rubber clasp almost looks like those things you see on jackets where you pull the string and it keeps it in place, usually at the hood or waist area. i hope that all helps you out Smiley
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011 10:44:44 AM by tiffi_333 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Half-Up Updo
How to Do a Low Ponytail
How to Manage Long Hair in Hot Weather
How to Style Long Hair to Look Short
How to Condition Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...