A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: This is kinda a silly questuin - Where to get a table for a craft fair?  (Read 1965 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kerens angels
« on: October 08, 2011 06:45:41 PM »

Hi All  Smiley

This is kinda a silly question,but what table is best for a craft show and where do you buy them?

Thank you

Louise

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011 08:10:55 AM by jungrrl - Reason: made title more descriptive » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Circlesofstone
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011 04:56:36 AM »

You can check Sam's Club, Costco, or Walmart for 6 foot tables. I've even seen some now that fold in half for better storage. These are sturdier than the smaller camping type tables that some people use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011 12:44:15 PM »

I use a 6' tables that folds in half (more for easier carrying than storage) from Lowe's. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
AbsoluteJeanius
artsy craftsy gal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011 01:29:10 PM »

I got an office table from Staples. I wish I had called the local schools first; I was able to get a second table as good as the Staples table for $10.  I have two sons to carry them - they're really more than I can manage.  I have a card table which I can manage on my own.  Usually, I just rent the table from the show. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amarok
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011 11:56:24 AM »

what, people BUY tables?? both fairs i've attended have had their own tables.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is "Susitaika"? Susi is Wolf and Taika is Magic in Finnish.. Come and find out more!

www.susitaika.com

Free embroidery designs at www.susitaika.com/freebies.html

http://susitaika.com/shop for all your shopping needs
Circlesofstone
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011 05:14:26 AM »

Some of the smaller fairs I have done do offer tables, but with most you have to bring your own. Others offer tables but you need to rent them, so it costs you more if you don't bring your own. Always good to own some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lil_abi
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012 10:24:32 AM »

I've borrowed folding tables, but I've also scored card tables at thrift stores for $5 or $8.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama to baby twins.  Frantic crafter while they nap!

My blog: http://SLiPsofthetongue.wordpress.com

DH's humorous and often offensive blog: http://mymasonicapron.blogspot.com
bpicardo
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012 02:23:46 PM »

I know you can buy fairly sturdy 6' long folding tables at Target for $20.  Most of these cheap tables are hideous though, so you'll want to drape something over them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chris in VT
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012 03:51:08 AM »

I know you can buy fairly sturdy 6' long folding tables at Target for $20.  Most of these cheap tables are hideous though, so you'll want to drape something over them.
I have a number of sturdy 4 foot tables and one 6 foot folding table, all hard surface and made of a hard plastic. They're about 10 years old now. I got them at Home Depot. (There are no Target stores in Vermont. Not enough people to support them)

I only use the 4 foot and 6 foot tables as my display is vertical and I'm right out in front talking to and bantering with my customers.

As far as draping something over them, those are the rules of any show. You must have a cover that goes to the floor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudio s.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Spongebob Squarepants
How to Draw Goofy
How to Draw Patrick Star
How to Draw a Cartoon Wolf
Top Artists of the Twentieth Century: A Primer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...