A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,797
Currently Running With Scissors:
807 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Polymer Clay Swap [Sign ups CLOSED Sendouts 11/4]  (Read 7104 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kimchery
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2011 08:24:29 AM »

I don't know why I'm worried about it.  If I would have thought about it,... the ruined items, I made "test pieces" for.  I only tested a few of them, and they sure look better than the ones I ruined, so I finished the test pieces last night.  I have enough to send,... but I am just annoyed that a few things I worked on this week just don't impress me as much as all the stuff I worked on before.  You know when you brainstorm and make a huge list, knowing that you aren't going to make half of the 25 items you jot down?  Well, I tend to sit down and make parts of half of them, and then there's nothing left to do but finish, and scrap about half of the things that aren't coming out quite as expected.  When I'd really like to be packing today.  I guess I can give my things that need to dry a bit more time.

Hope you all have a brainstorm of inspiration coming your way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2011 10:01:10 AM »

oh DEAR!  I just realized I had the dates wrong in my head *pout*.  I will be having to send late it seems.  I got it in my head that mailing date was the 14th not the 4th!  We are signing for our new house today, and get the keys tomorrow, so I have been a bit distracted.  I will have time today to finish up, but I will want give the glaze a day or 2 to dry completely.  So I should be able to post on Monday.  This will be the first time I've ever mailed out late!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
kimchery
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2011 11:19:27 PM »

Drying, ugh!  That has definitely slowed me down a bit.

But, I really actually think that I am done....  Yes, this late, but I'm even done to the point of halfway packed.  I am so shocked and quite happy with myself for this.  I had lots of silly little things to do, that could mess up everything if not done properly.  I learned my lesson yesterday.  Anyhoo, just checking in to say I wont be sending off that 'I will be late' PM now.

I've only been late one time before, Sue.  It was a year ago and I really just think I crafted too much nonsense.  (meaning,... I just crafted too much)  Which I often do, but thank goodness this time I balanced things out at nick of time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

banana731

procraftinator extrodinaire

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2011 05:17:03 PM »

I also found that my package is made up of smaller things, rather than a great big thing. it's mainly because i'm such a newbie, though. i have much respect for the serious poly clayers out there. As a medium, it requires an exactness that ceramics does not. I found that the things that i thought would be the easiest were not at all! I definitely learned a lot in the doing, though. I hope my partner likes what I was able to come up with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm almost always typing with one hand...
crymson
I am the Lazy Druid.

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2011 06:05:37 PM »

You know, I thought for sure I posted here earlier saying I wouldn't be able to send today because of work. I can't seem to find my post. I even checked to make sure I didn't accidentally post it on my other swap... but yeah. I'll be shipping tomorrow morning. After seeing the gallery I might try to add some last minute pieces. Curse you talented people... Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Xandrigirly
Whatever you are, be a good one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2011 07:58:31 AM »

Send outs ere yesterday guys! If you're sending late an haven't let me know on here or in a message please do. If you've sent and haven't sent me a message, please please do! I will be updating thing later today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest . blog . etsy
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail."
anefariousimp
Addicted to cute and tiny things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2011 09:25:56 PM »

I sent today and it has a long way to travel!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be strange. Be weird.  Be geeky. Embrace cuteness =)
www.anefariousimp.e tsy.com
http://www.wists.com/anefariousimp
http://pinterest.com/anefariousimp/

***I don't do personal swaps - I was flaked on and it was not a great experience, however I am open to commissions***
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2011 05:48:27 PM »

I sent today (Monday) and it is in country, so hopefully it will not take to long Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
anefariousimp
Addicted to cute and tiny things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2011 01:21:59 PM »

I received and I will post pictures once I get back from lunch Smiley

Posted in the gallery now!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011 05:57:57 PM by anefariousimp » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be strange. Be weird.  Be geeky. Embrace cuteness =)
www.anefariousimp.e tsy.com
http://www.wists.com/anefariousimp
http://pinterest.com/anefariousimp/

***I don't do personal swaps - I was flaked on and it was not a great experience, however I am open to commissions***
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Return Of The Spicy Romance Novel
Author Got Rich From Self-Published Romance Novels
Former Kindergarten Teacher Now Best-Selling Romance Novelist
Dear Musical Theater by Annie Choi
Love Him or Leave Him, but Don’t Get Stuck With the Tab
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...