A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,219
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Tiny Stuffie Round 8--GALLERY!--Mail by 11/14/11  (Read 38469 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: November 16, 2011 05:20:11 PM »

Teachart, you are indeed awesome to craft for Susan twice! I love the cat, the face is so appealing!  And the mouse, the cuff, the linens...everything is wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
AlmostDawn
« Reply #201 on: November 16, 2011 05:31:00 PM »

Oh wow!!
What a fabulous package you got, susanab!

Every single thing in it is sooooo awesome.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011 05:31:28 PM by AlmostDawn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sewallegorical.com

Stalking me?: http://pinterest.com/allegorical/

50 in 2011: 14/50
Sketchbook Project 2012: Untitled
teachart
« Reply #202 on: November 16, 2011 06:15:47 PM »

I am so glad kitty #2 is safe at home! Susanb, I loved making everything, even second time around! I just felt that you really, really needed that stuffie... and I would have even crafted a third time for you Cheesy! I am truly touched by your kind words as well, thank you  Smiley

And so I will share what didn't make it...

The looms I found were pretty basic. I know nothing about weaving so just youtubed a video on how to start. This is the piece of fabric I wove for kitty #1:

I then just sewed this into a tube for the cat body.

I actually smartened up and on the second kitty I sewed his front legs over the seam, so I think kitty 2 came out a lot neater.

Here are the cuffs that didn't make it:

I dyed cheese cloth for texture on these, but didn't have enough left for the replacement cuff  Sad

I couldn't find Coffee Crisps (stalking told me she's a fan of these!) at any of the international candy shops in my city, so I sent along a box of these:

I couldn't resist those hippo faces! (plus I love anything kinder!)

I didn't take pictures of the linens that I wrapped everything in, but I think they were similar to the ones in the package that susanab posted.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011 06:20:07 PM by teachart » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: November 16, 2011 07:16:51 PM »

Grrrreat package, teachart!  Wow - susanab you really got the goods there!  How wonderful to have a partner go out of her way THIS MUCH!!!  Cheesy  There should be an award with a trophy for you, teachart.  I love the cat, and I'm not a cat lover, but I love this cat - terrific.  The mouse is also very cute.   Cheesy  And those exquisite linens - love those little Dutch (?) dancing people. Sweet!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #204 on: November 16, 2011 07:17:53 PM »

The kitty is so cute!  And those bracelets are wonderful!  I like the use of cheesecloth for the texture...

The entire package is so thoughtful...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #205 on: November 16, 2011 07:20:01 PM »

Oh teachart you are so wickedly fabulous!  And susanab most definitely deserves to be spoiled, so I hope for sure the first package makes it still and she gets twin cool woven kitties (and now if she sees someone with those uber cool first cuffs on, she will know who the snitch is!).  You two are making me tear up *sniff* Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2011 08:05:48 PM »

I also had a good news package today.  As some of you might know, I adopted a few folks in the Round 7 OTStuffie swap who didn't make it into the sign ups.  Well, for one of my "adopted" partners and I both packages got lost both ways.  My package never made it to Bunnie Boo and her's never made it to me.  Once we realized (it was international shipping) we agreed to a "take two"...and both voiced some relief as neither one of us was completely happy with what we had made the first time.  But I am relieved to announce I got the second package today and I am feeling super spoiled my self Grin

Meet Ralph!  He likes heavy rock music and eating chili nachos and cookie dough icecream (I'm not sure if he eats them at the same time or not as I have to go out to get him some after this).  BB says he wants to be a crime lab geek like Abby from NCIS Grin.  I just love his tiny wee fangs Grin

And then she sent some uber appreciated extras.  CHOCOLATE!!! for one thing..well actually 3 things.  I just finished the Galaxy and it was yummy Grin
The wee packet on the left side of the picture made me scream when I figured out what it is.  It's tiny origami paper that...GLOWS IN THE DARK *screaming again*.  It glows super bright too.  I'm going to fold tiny stars and hang them in our bedroom that I just painted the ceiling to make a night sky.  SO perfect Grin
The cute monster on Ralph's other side is the note paper she wrote to me on.  How cute is THAT?  There is also a tiny button with a cutypoo monster on and a very pretty opalescent blue star phone charm that looks like the Magical Elves chocolate ate it...

Thanks sooo much Bunnie Boo!  I love Ralph and all the extras are perfect too Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2011 09:24:53 PM »

Teachart, you rock for crafting twice and Suereal and Bunnie Boo, you too! I am amazed at and really touched by everyone's dedication to make their partner happy! Great packages! I especially like the cuffs and the scrappy cat makes me go "Awwww..." and Ralph is awesome too Grin

Has anyone thought about why so many packages go missing? I mean, is there a leaflet going around at the Post Office with the message to make craftster-packages disappear?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

« Reply #208 on: November 16, 2011 09:47:11 PM »

It's postal people doing early Christmas shopping Grin

PS I hope I'm kidding!  I keep trying to chalk it up to very bad weather for a few months now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #209 on: November 16, 2011 11:33:58 PM »

I don't much care for cats, either, but I looove the look of both of them, teachart. Nice work!

Kind of adore Ralph, too. Great name!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Elva Hsiao Asian Look
How to Get Side Swept Bangs
Homemade Moisturizing Hair Conditioner
How to Texture Hair
Short Hairstyles for Women
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...