A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,715
Currently Running With Scissors:
692 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Advanced Shaping  (Read 750 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissAshley1
« on: October 06, 2011 08:20:39 PM »

Hi! I am trying to devise a pattern to make a realistic (as possible) crochet doll. Barbie doll scale if possible out of crochet thread. How do I go about shaping the various parts. The doll is female, so I want her to have female breasts and buttocks (that was really weird to write!) At the same time I don't know the best way of going about crocheting all those "hills and valleys" so to speak!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Willowe
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011 11:41:03 AM »

There's a pattern here for a Rose Tyler doll that has waist and breast shaping. The waist is just a slight decrease, but the breasts are worked as:

1 sc and 1 hdc in same st, hdc in next 2 sts, 1 hdc and 1 sc in same st, sc3tog, 1 sc and 1 hdc in same st, hdc in next 2 sts, 1 hdc and 1 sc in same st, with the rest of that row worked as just sc to make up the doll's side and back. (row 12 in the pattern)

The next row is sc2tog, hdc is next 2 sts, sc2tog, sc, sc2tog, hdc is next 2 sts, sc2tog and again scs for the rest. (row 13 in the pattern)

This doll is close in size height-wise to a Barbie doll, so the above might at least be a good starting point for that, and I'm sure it could be adapted for other parts of the doll as necessary.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
achgfd
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011 07:02:15 PM »

I just made a doll and had a lot of the same issues.

This is Sona from League of Legends Body. I couldn't find the right pattern for giving her that hourglass shape so I made something up. Essentially I made a regular ball but instead of closing it the last two rows I just single crochet up until it was long enough and then began to increase into another 'ball' shape. I went through the back loops on the bottom going up, so that I could crochet her skirt right into her torso through the front loops I didn't use.

Okay this was the next step. Attaching the head, arms, and boobs! I made the mistake of not making her breasts with the initial torso, so I struggled to find a way to make them come out but not like balls. So I crochet two small circles, one peach and one blue, Then I sowed them together in like a flat cookie shape. Then I folded that in half so its color on each side. THEN! I sowed it to her body. I think they came out pretty well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011 10:07:47 AM »

She looks great!
And you did a clever job on her belated boobs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Easy Mac and Cheese
How to Cook Pork Chops With Roasted Apples and Onions
How to Cook Chicken with Broccoli Rice Bowl
Five New Orleans Classic Dishes
How to Cook Steak and Cheese Sandwiches
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...